Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2006, 10:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
A colleague of mine is attending a conference in Atlanta. What Marriott hotels are near the Crowne Plaza Airport Hotel?

Marcell
Old Jul 12, 2007, 4:05 am

Programs: DELTA PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, etc.
Originally Posted by edbyu
The Atlanta Marriott Marquis announced plans to begin Phase Two of an approximate $100 million renovation and repositioning. Phase one, a $38 million dollar enhancement to all guestrooms and suites was recently completed, and beginning August 2006 all public areas and meeting space will undergo a comprehensive makeover giving the hotel an entirely new look and feel.

Link to article.
Just walked through the Marquis today for the first time in about a year. Wow! While there's still lots of construction going on, about half of the former "garden" level and lobby level has been completely remade. Total reconstruction, very impressive. All of a sudden there's life in the place. Lots of activity, guests hanging out in previously dead public spaces, even at 2PM. I can only imagine that it's even more active at night; the new bars and restaurants look really cool. The former (original) Champions/Fitness center/Kinkos side of the hotel is the side that has been redone. They have closed off and are preparing to work on the Atrium Express/JW's side, as well as the Grandstand lounge. If that side comes out anything like what's been completed thus far, that's going to be a very cool hotel.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 10:49 pm

I completed a stay at the Atlanta Marriott Midtown Suites around 2 weeks ago. As usual, my stay was enjoyable. It was business trip (a separate stay)for the 1st 3 days. I received coupons for complimentary breakfast.

The 4th day (the other separate stay) was on my own, but I used my free night cert that I received from the Premier card. I gave it to them Wednesday for use against the room rate plus taxes. I asked for the Wired for Business package (12.95 per day) plus I knew that I would have the parking rate of $16 on the folio.

However, when I received my folio at the door, the parking charges and the Internet usage fee for the last day were not applied to the folio. They were applied for the 1st 3 days. Either it was a mistake on the the hotel to not include these charges or they interpreted the free night cert as meaning that all charges (including parking and internet charges) were waived.

That morning, I had a full buffet breakfast with no charge on the folio. Last year when I stayed there, I was told that the difference between the Healthy Start and the All American buffets would be charged to the folio.

As I was checking out, I asked for a final copy of the bill, and sure enough, there were no charges on the folio at all for the 4th night. I literally had a free night in every sense of the word. When I was leaving the lower parking deck, I had to wonder if the clerk in the parking deck office would be there to make inquiries as to whether I was checking out or not; If that was the case, they would probably charge me for the night, but fortunately there was no one there, so I was able to drive off.

Anyone ever had the hotel to give you a free night from all your charges when using the free night cert?

Last edited by Marcell; Sep 30, 2007 at 10:51 pm Reason: grammar
Old Oct 1, 2007, 3:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Thumbs down Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center is the the worst

Originally Posted by JREMOTIGUE
I also like the Marriott at the Perimeter Center. It's close to a high end mall, full of very nice restaurants.
The Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center is undoubtedly the worst FS Marriott I've ever stayed at. They have multiple service issues like non working HSIA, missing 500 bonus points posting, leaking water in bathrooms, the list goes on, etc.
I wouldnt stay there again.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Question Any New Thoughts - Touristy Areas & Airport

I'm visiting Atlanta with my 21 year old niece and staying 3 nights.

What are your latest tips for base hotel from which we can do they typical touristy stuff (Aquarium, Coke, etc)

I'd like to walk/use MARTA as much as practicable but since she wants to see Stone Mountain, I guess we'll probably have a car for at least 1 day.

The last night is at ATL, so any updated thoughts between the Marriott and the Ren?
Old Aug 10, 2008, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by bk3day
I'm visiting Atlanta with my 21 year old niece and staying 3 nights.

What are your latest tips for base hotel from which we can do they typical touristy stuff (Aquarium, Coke, etc)

I'd like to walk/use MARTA as much as practicable but since she wants to see Stone Mountain, I guess we'll probably have a car for at least 1 day.

The last night is at ATL, so any updated thoughts between the Marriott and the Ren?
The downtown properties (e.g. Marriott Marquis) would be closest to the Aquarium, Olympic Park and Coke and would be fine for daytime activities, but no good for the evening where dining options are limited and the panhandlers seem to be out in force.

I would suggest the JW Marriott at Lenox which is immediately next to the Lenox Marta station. You could take the train to the downtown attractions and have a lot more options for evening dining as well as being in a safer area. You would also be in the middle of much of the upscale shopping in Atlanta.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 9:50 pm

IBAHN High Speed Internet Problem @ Atlanta Marriott Midtown Suites

I had a stay at the Atlanta Marriott Midtown Suites 3 weeks ago. The IBAHN internet service didn't appear to work. I connected it to the laptop and waited fro the IBAHN screen to pop up so I could sign in to use the internet. For some reason, the IBAHN screen did not show.

I contacted the front desk and they sent up someone who actually called the the IBAHN CSR. We did a series of "ping" tests to determine if there was a active connection. The tests indicated that there was a connection. But for some reason the laptop never showed a valid link.

Has anyone had this to happen particularly at this hotel? 4 months prior, on a previous stay, the orange cord that they normally keep in the closet would always work. Now, they have a black internet cord nailed down at the business table.

Please advise anyone.

Hopefully, this was an isolated incident.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Any update on the "best" property to stay at in Atlanta?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 1:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Any update on the "best" property to stay at in Atlanta?
Define 'best' & you'll probably get an answer

Cheers.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat Amb
Depends on where you are planning to go... Atlanta is pretty spread out.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Which MR property is closest to the Hyatt? I have a week long conference at the Hyatt but want to put the week in at a Marriott within walking distance. Full Service preferred but would also consider a RI
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Which MR property is closest to the Hyatt? I have a week long conference at the Hyatt but want to put the week in at a Marriott within walking distance. Full Service preferred but would also consider a RI
Marriott Marquis. Map shows it as a block from the Hyatt. Marriott is 265 Peachtree Ctr Ave; Hyatt is 265 Peachtree St.

Cheers.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Marquis is attached to the Hyatt via a skybridge (through a 3rd building) if you'd like to stay inside, otherwise it's directly across the street from the Marquis
Old Dec 9, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by socrates
Marquis is attached to the Hyatt via a skybridge (through a 3rd building) if you'd like to stay inside, otherwise it's directly across the street from the Marquis
Awesome, I know where I'm staying

thx ^
Old Dec 11, 2011, 9:20 am

Awesome, I know where I'm staying

thx ^
You're welcome

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.