Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2005, 10:34 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
[QUOTE=777 global mile hound]FYI Off topic When I last stayed at the JW Marriott in Buckhead I was also very surprised how that too left very much to be desired.
The room was very dated ,not clean and very expensive.
Though nods to a good location,reasonably good club lounge and a Hertz desk in the lobby .

Stayed at the JW about three months ago. Upgraded to a beautiful very large room with a great view, and tasteful contemporary furnishings (sort of Westin like). One of the best C-lounges with superb snacks and breakfasts. Overpriced wine in the C-lounge, but at least a choice between a mediocre chardonnay at $7, and a half-way decent Clos du Bois at $8.

Another nice property in Atlanta in a good location is the Marriott Suites, right next door to the Four Seasons.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 5:43 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Post Every experience differs just like in dining

Perhaps your room was renovated? Mine certainly wasn't.
My stay was not nearly as recent as yours either
And I was MR Platinum status at the time with a top floor view of a parking lot structure.Not complaining
Much of the bedding hadn't been cleaned /changed either.
In fact it was loaded with hairs many long strands
Which I am used too in many hotels........But this was considerable

I asked for no compensation. Not that any was offered for the dirty room or the defective poorly operating mini bar which at the time used a code that also wouldn't open without much effort.
Hopefully they have done away with those.
I think you would be surprised how much nicer the new Westin is next to the Lenox Square mall.Night and day IMO
Including the lounge and the offerings.
If you are happy with the product at the JW thats all that matters.
But you might want to tour the new Westin facility

I have stayed at the Sheraton Buckhead too across the street and its a notch below both but still satisfactory.And at rates between ninety and one hunded a night less then half the price of the others on average.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 8:28 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Perhaps your room was renovated? Mine certainly wasn't.
Comparing your experience to mine, I'm guessing I had a room that was renovated. It just shows how different two stays at the same property can be. I have no doubt that if I had your room I would not have been pleased, and if you had mine you would have been happy.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
I recently stayed on the 43rd floor (concierge level-something about being that high in this building...heights don't bother me at all but I feel like I'm on a ride at Cedar Point (tm))....nothing special but nothing terrible to report either, clean & comfortable rooms with the large "room that works (tm)" desk and the "old new" bedding

Concierge Lounge staff was extremely attentive and pleasant...one of the best I've come across
Old Oct 29, 2005, 12:51 am

Programs: One Pass Gold, Mileage Plus 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
I have stayed at the Atlanta downtown Rennaissance and did not like it AT ALL. The rooms were musty and very sterile looking. Overall, I did not feel very comfortable. I would suggest the JW Marriott in Buckhead. It is an amazing property with very comfortable rooms. It's also connected to the Lenox Mall, which will make any girl happy
Old Oct 29, 2005, 3:22 pm

Programs: DELTA PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, etc.
The Midtown Suites is a great property with great associates. It is in a nice area of midtown with a row of restaurants and bars a block away and a large Starbucks next door. I stayed there for 8 months and never felt uncomfortable walking around at any hour. The Renaissance is about halfway between downtown and midtown, in an area that I would not want to walk around at night. Both are 1-2 blocks from a MARTA station and a freeway entrance. Neither has free parking. Most rooms at the Suites have balconies so you can get fresh air. At the Suites, your bathroom alone will be about the size of many suburban Marriott rooms (only slight exaggeration). So, obviously, the Suites is my recommendation.

Last edited by MikeBU; Oct 29, 2005 at 3:26 pm
Old Oct 30, 2005, 3:15 pm

My brother-in-law is coming to Atlanta for a few days and staying at the Marquis. I am thinking of giving him a premium pound buck to put on his room and have him, and my wife and I have a nice dinner at the steakhouse there. Anybody have any comments on this restaurant?
Old Oct 31, 2005, 3:03 pm

Programs: MR Gold, DCL Silver, RSSC Silver
We stayed at the Suites in August. Great property, great location, and very friendly staff.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 6:21 pm

I'm in the Perimeter Center Marriott, and it's quite nice (and right on MARTA).
Old Jan 3, 2006, 11:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Marriott Hotels in Atlanta, Georgia

What is the best discount code available that you all have used at either one of the following Atlanta properties: Residence Inn Historic Midtown (West Peachtree Street), Atlanta Marriott Marquis (Downtown Atlanta) or the Atlanta Marriott Midtown Suites (on 14th Street)? I planning to visit the area soon and any assistance would be appreciated.

Last edited by Marcell; Jan 3, 2006 at 11:18 pm
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:37 am

Programs: Delta MM
I've never stayed in any of them so I am not sure about codes. I will tell you though that the Marquis is connected to the SunTrust building downtown so I suspect if you called up and asked about a SunTrust rate, it would likely be pretty reasonable.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 10:36 pm

Thanks for the info. Are there any other companies that might be connected?
Old Jan 6, 2006, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Go read the sticky thread in this fourm regarding discount codes, then go to marriott.com and plug some in to and see what rates you get. It should only take a few minutes to try it out. Let us know if you find a good one.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by keeton
Go read the sticky thread in this fourm regarding discount codes, then go to marriott.com and plug some in to and see what rates you get. It should only take a few minutes to try it out. Let us know if you find a good one.
The only code that I've used besides AAA, that I've had success with is the Travel Industry Rate (T77 or TRV). I originally called booked a travel entertainment rate and when I received my e-mail confirmation, it happened to be for the travel industry rate. Based upon availability, this rate has been real good at the Residence Inn Historic Midtown. For example, the regular rate would be $124/night. After applying the code, the rate would be $70-$72.

Keep in mind that this rate requires I.D. with the travel industry, but I've never been asked for I.D. upon check-in.

Last edited by Marcell; Jan 7, 2006 at 11:23 pm
Old Jan 11, 2006, 9:38 pm

What do you all consider to be the best Marriott in metro Atlanta?

I'm split between the Marriott Marquis which is where I usually stay for business, the Residence Inn Historic Midtown, which has a balcony and free parking despite its $12 per day posting on its website, and the Marriott Suites on 14th Street.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.