Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:16 pm

recent stay at Atlanta Marriott Marquis

hi,

just completed a recent 4-night stay at this place the week preceding the SEC football championship between LSU and Georgia. first thing that struck me was how big this place is. it has 47 floors with an atrium-like layout (ala a typical embassy suites).

as plat, i got upgraded to an ambassador suite, with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking downtown atlanta. it was probably one of the nicest non-ocean views from any hotel room i can recall, regardless of brand. they had what i thought was a very nice concierge lounge on the 42nd floor with a very nice selection of quality hot items, salads, and desserts.

it's attached to a business center with an extensive "food court" that was bustling during lunchtime with local corporate personnel. as pointed out in an earlier post, you can also use the indoor walkway to get over to the hyatt. the local metro stop is nearby, allowing you easy access to most places of interest.

this was my first time to atlanta, and i was thoroughly pleased with this property.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
You're welcome

Cheers.
beat me by 2 minutes
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Can someone give a quick note of advice on which Atlanta area Marriott to choose from for my family trip? Here are a few specifics of what would be important to us:

- I would be traveling with my wife and two small children (ages 7 & 8). A pull out sofa option or two beds would be a plus.
- Would be staying late March probably a Tuesday through Friday
- I am a Plat and would appreciate a nice Concierge Lounge for free breakfast, snacks, etc.
- My kids love to swim so a pool (preferably indoors) would be huge
- Location within the city not that important as we would have a car to go anywhere
- Walking distance to a few things shopping, food, etc is a bonus. My wife will be with the kids one day without a car while I am out
- Cost is important, just not nearly important as the variables above. I would pay a little more to have the things listed.

Thanks in advance - I appreciate the insight and opinion of those of you who know the ATL based Marriott family of hotels.

Last edited by arizonawildcat; Jan 4, 2012 at 4:17 am
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:23 pm

Any thoughts here? Didn't want to start a new thread on ATL and was hoping to get a response or two before the thread got buried. Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 2:47 pm

Help...anyone out there with an opinion on my question? I am thinking about the JW if that helps narrow the call
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:39 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Enterprise
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
Help...anyone out there with an opinion on my question? I am thinking about the JW if that helps narrow the call
If I had kids, I'd pick the Ren at Hartsfield...since you're a Plat you can get an airport-facing room and y'all will have fun watching airplanes all evening.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 5:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Residence Inn works the best for me with the kids; b/f every day, no worries about a CL closure on the weekend, happy hour thing at night during the week (most nights) and bigger rooms

i stayed at the RI downtown ATL for the final four years ago and it would be fine with kids, there's a subway stop not too far either

just remember its one of those city type high rise RI's and those are not as spacious as the suburban RI's that seem to be more spread out and have bigger rooms
Old Jan 7, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
arizonawildcat, I would suggest Marriott Northwest by Galleria.

Why?

1. Awesome and very friendly staff.
2. Breakfast is above average.
3. Evening appetizers are above average.
4. GM empowers its staff.
5. Indoor/outdoor pool. They close outdoor partition in the winter.
6. They are used to kids as in the summer they get plenty of tournament kids staying there.
7. Free parking just of I-75 (NE corner of I-75/I-285)
8. Easy to hit interstate wherever you want to go.
9. Free shuttle to take your family to the Galleria mall when you are out.
10. Great rates (PM me if you can't find good rate).
11. Restaurant is decent downstairs and you are close to many great restaurants within free shuttle range of all sorts of budget levels.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
- Walking distance to a few things shopping, food, etc is a bonus. My wife will be with the kids one day without a car while I am out
I say keep the missus happy - pick a hotel close to things she can do with the kids! The Center for Puppetry Arts and Georgia Aquarium are not that far from downtown and midtown properties, so those would be short cab rides (or long walks). They could also get to those destinations via MARTA's rail service, which has frequent service from Buckhead and the airport.

Zoo Atlanta has Giant Pandas, but it isn't very close to any Marriott properties, nor is it on either of the MARTA rail lines.

If you've never been to Atlanta, you should realize that even if it looks like things are close to one another, you may not be able to easily get between then by car. At certain times of the day, it can take you an hour to go two miles! Keep that in mind for yourself - don't stay by the airport if your business will be in Gwinnett.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
I'd recommend the Marriott Suites mid-town. Rooms have a separate bed-room with French doors into a living room with sleeper-sofa. The hotel is on 14th St. near Peachtree. The MARTA station is 3 blocks north. Colony Square is 2 blocks away. The High Museum is close by. There's a lot of good restaurants within walking distance. Atlantic Station (lots of shopping, restaurants) is a short cab ride away.

When I took my wife there for her birthday, I seem to recall we were given free breakfast but not sure about that.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 5:23 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Renaissance Atlanta Midtown

I just got back from a stay at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown (the former Hotel Palomar) and was overall very impressed with this property, from the service, to the decor, to the condition of the rooms. I understand that the hotel was built with a different flag in mind, but I think that the general appearance and vibe of this property is what the Renaissance flag should strive for.

Surprisingly, the hotel has kept the usual Kimpton evening wine hour around, so every night between 5 and 6 pm they had complimentary red and white wine in the lobby, along with a few light appetizers (once night it was crudites with dip, the other crostini with mushroom).

One downside is that there is no lounge at this property, but Golds and above are given breakfast for two in the hotel restaurant M-F (there is no buffet, so you can basically order whatever you want), as well as a $10/night minibar credit (regardless of the day of week).

Being a fairly new build hotel, the non-suite rooms seemed to be pretty much identical other than views. The hotel does charge more for "city view" rooms, but as far as I could tell, the only difference between a regular room and a "city view" room was not the floor the room was on, but the fact that the city view rooms face in the direction of downtown Atlanta, while the regular rooms face in the direction of the rest of Midtown. The hotel was sold out on the day I arrived, so I wasn't expecting much in terms of room assignment, but I was given a regular room on the 20th floor (the second highest guest room floor).

The property is a little bit removed from everything else in Midtown (I would say it's just a few blocks too south and a few blocks too west), but I would assume that most guests will have a car, and for those that do not, I noticed that there were often a few taxis waiting outside the hotel. Parking is valet only at $30/night, and with the exception of late morning on a Sunday when everyone from a wedding party the night before was checking out, the valets were pretty quick.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 6:06 am

RI Midtown Atlanta

Just finished a couple of nights here. No plat lounge (ri) but its in a 1920s apartment building so the rooms have character. Walk to subway and lots of neighborhood restaurants within 3 blocks. Has two bedroom suites with pullout couch. Cat 3 I think. Enjoyable change from the cookie cutter. Eric on front desk does a great job.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 6:30 pm

Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center

I have a stay this week (Mon-Thu) at Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center property and I got an email from Rooms Controller & Elite Coordinator (Lisa K.) welcoming me to the property and telling me they are having elite reception Tuesday night and I am invited and if I have any room preferences to let her know.

So I asked for a quiet room (prefer on the CL level but not a biggie if not) and she booked me to CL level away from the noise. ^

I thanked her and since her second email asked if I have any questions about the area not to hesitate and ask. So I asked about outside running options (which streets/areas are safe). To which she sent me 3 maps with marked courses of various lengths ^

I am impressed and I haven't even checked-in. I think this is really a good example of a "spirit-to-serve"! I am looking forward to meet the leadership team during the reception!

Email below:

Good Morning!

Thank you for selecting the Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center for your upcoming stay!
I will be your Rooms Controller and Elite Coordinator for your stay at our property, and I would like to extend my services for your assistance. We know you’re working hard when you’re on the road, so we want your stay with us to be as comfortable and relaxing as possible.

~~Elite Reception~~
We would like to invite you to attend our Marriott Rewards Elite Reception on Tuesday, November 13. Come join us in the Twisted Oak Restaurant from 6:30 pm -8:00 pm for this opportunity to mingle with Perimeter Center Leadership and enjoy cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. We hope to see you there!

If there is anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let me know. We understand that your preferences are important to you, and we want to make sure you feel just as comfortable here as you do at home. For all connecting rooms, upgrades, and room location preferences, I will do my best to honor these requests, but please understand that we cannot guarantee that all requests will be met.

Our hotel is surrounded by fabulous shopping, dining and entertainment options and we are conveniently located just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta, so there is plenty to take in! If you have any questions regarding our area, please stop by our front desk and we would be happy to provide information and make arrangements for your stay.

Our front desk team is available to ensure that your stay is absolutely phenomenal, so please do not hesitate to contact us. I am available to assist you Sunday through Thursday.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
As long as she's being so helpful, chat w/ her at the reception about keeping the lounge open on the weekend or providing breakfast coupons

Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 14, 2012, 6:05 pm

"Unfortunately, our property does not distribute breakfast vouchers for our Elite members on the weekend, but it is certainly a suggestion that we can look into implementing for the future!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.