Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
You can travel to/from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow from the Central Terminal Area, and Terminal 5 for free on the London red buses. Just get on the bus, there is no need to pay or present any ticket.

Free bus routes to/from the Central Terminal (T1,2,3) area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow.pdf

Free bus routes to/from the Terminal 5 area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow-t5.pdf

Travelling to the Sheraton Skyline from the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, alight at the New Road stop : the hotel is to your right.

Travelling from the Sheraton Skyline to the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, board the bus the Harlington Corner stop, which is opposite the hotel on the other side of the road.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, take the U3 bus and alight at the Skyport Drive stop. Walk to your left, then around the corner, 5 minutes to the hotel.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, walk 5 minutes to the Pinglestone Close stop and take the U3.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Terminal 5, take the 423 bus to the Park Thistle Hotel stop and walk up the footpath along the side of the Premier Inn, then cross the dual carriageway road.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow to Terminal 5, take the 423 bus from the Park Thistle Hotel stop.
You can also use the 423 bus to travel free from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow to/from Hatton Cross tube station.

For terminal 4, you will need to transfer within the airport from the Cenrtal Terminal Area.
Print Wikipost

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
As for all of the bus stop questions, yep, there's more than one public (read; FREE!!) bus stop near the Sheraton Heathrow. When using TFL's Journey Planner (www.tfl.gov.uk), after typing in Sheraton Heathrow as your origin or destination, you'll get the page that displays your journey, and just to the right of the line where you're starting or ending your journey at the hotel, you'll see a little .pdf map thumbnail. click on that, and you'll get a .pdf map of the area, showing all the bus-stops, what routes they serve, etc.

As for bus stops near the Sheraton Skyeline, you only need to know the two invovled: the one at Harlington Corner, and the one next door in front of the Marriott.

That, or just ask the bus driver: NOT to tell you when to get off the bus, as sometimes there's LOADS of foreigners coming in asking Mr. Bus Driver every question under the sun in every language other than English. BUT, just what the NAME of the bus stop is near the hotel of choice. Then, keep one's eyes on the signs and/or listen, as (usually) stop names are displayed on the signs prior to arrival at that stop.

Last edited by skye1; Apr 28, 2010 at 10:59 am
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:15 am

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by skye1
That, or just ask the bus driver.
Not disagreeing with you at all....all the info is perfect. Just remembering what happened to my friend Olivia.....

She asked the bus driver to let her know when they reached the stop for the Skyline.....there was hardly a soul on the bus....but he forgot until they reached Hounslow that she had asked for the Skyline.....and silly girl she was, she was taking pictures out of the other side and hadn't looked for the hotel!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Shantanu
Not disagreeing with you at all....all the info is perfect. Just remembering what happened to my friend Olivia.....

She asked the bus driver to let her know when they reached the stop for the Skyline.....there was hardly a soul on the bus....but he forgot until they reached Hounslow that she had asked for the Skyline.....and silly girl she was, she was taking pictures out of the other side and hadn't looked for the hotel!
Indeed. Post clarified.

One just needs to know that name of the stop they need.
Easily ascertainable BEFORE getting on the bus.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
IIRC (I was there last week)

I took the 423 bus from the Sheraton Heathrow to T5 and the trip was about 10 minutes
Somewhat OT, this being Sheraton & Skyline thread. Might be relevent though.
While waiting for Bus 423 in front of the Ren-LHR for T5 at 5am, freezing cold and rain, I hopped on the first bus showed up with T5 sign (a double decker & I didn't even see clearly the bus #, think 140). 18 minutes later it arrived at T5. It did make a stop back at Central Bus Terminal (between T1&T3). Not sure if this same bus stop at the Shersaton.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What are the free buses that run by the Sheraton Heathrow? 74 and 75? Does the tube stop at T5? If so, that would be an easy way to get into town!
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What are the free buses that run by the Sheraton Heathrow? 74 and 75? Does the tube stop at T5? If so, that would be an easy way to get into town!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heathro...3_tube_station

Personally, I've done both -- taken the free bus and spent the £4 and just taken the Hoppa in.

I'm at the Sheraton LHR right now. Upgraded to a room right behind the lounge. Have already popped in for a soda and will soon do so again.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
The free buses go to "Central Bus Terminal, serving T3 and others go to T5. I don't recall the #s. Many prior threads had elaborated on this before. A search may yield something useful (or it may not). Every time, I just ask the hotel concierge to reconfirm the bus #.
I have always used the tube to/from T3. But according to this
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=51....36d89fdb06a658
it does serve T5.
To go to London central, you can take the bus to "Central Bus Temrinal" (T3 area) and catch the tube there. Take about an hour.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RichMSN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heathro...3_tube_station

Personally, I've done both -- taken the free bus and spent the £4 and just taken the Hoppa in.

I'm at the Sheraton LHR right now. Upgraded to a room right behind the lounge. Have already popped in for a soda and will soon do so again.
Cool, thanks! Ill be there Monday. Glad to know I can save a few pounds by taking the free bus.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:43 am

Programs: SPG GOLD, CONTINENTAL GOLD
First time

Hey guys first time I'll be staying at this hotel as I have a flight from LHR to AMS question is, what time does breakfast start at this hotel at the club lounge. My flight leaves at 730 so I was hoping to munch on something early early in the morning. One last thing how do I get to T5 avoiding a taxi?

Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2011, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
You should check with the hotel on the Club hours. These tend to change from time to time. I always take one of the private cars arranged by the concierge when going back to the airport. I think it costs about 9 pounds or so to get to T5.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by stimpy
You should check with the hotel on the Club hours. These tend to change from time to time. I always take one of the private cars arranged by the concierge when going back to the airport. I think it costs about 9 pounds or so to get to T5.
Or you can try LHRExpress (a reliable local firm) who typically charge me £6.

I think the lounge opens for breakfast at 07:00. The main restaurant opens earlier (06:00 I think) so you should be able to have breakfast there instead.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by allset2travel
The free buses go to "Central Bus Terminal, serving T3 and others go to T5. I don't recall the #s.
Skyline - T3 105, 111, 140 & 285 New Road is the stop you need

Sheraton Heathrow - T3 U7, 75, 76, 77

Sheraton Heathrow - T5 350 & 423

Originally Posted by frostran
Hey guys first time I'll be staying at this hotel as I have a flight from LHR to AMS question is, what time does breakfast start at this hotel at the club lounge. My flight leaves at 730 so I was hoping to munch on something early early in the morning. One last thing how do I get to T5 avoiding a taxi?

Thanks
Which hotel are you talking about? This thread is a comparison of Sheraton Skyline & Sheraton Heathrow.
The club at Sheraton Heathrow was not open at breakfast on the weekends when I last stayed but they provided free breakfast in the restaurant instead. This was available between 06:00 and 11:00.

Watch your time if you want to have breakfast at the hotel. Remember that you have to have entered security at least 35m prior to your BA flight or you will be offloaded.

The club at Sheraton Skyline opens at 06:30 on weekdays and 07:00 on weekends for breakfast.

Last edited by Moomba; Mar 19, 2011 at 4:15 pm
Old Mar 13, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Having s stopover in London for a day, Which hotel is closest to an underground station?

Stayed twice in Sheraton Heathrow but always arrived by taxi.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 4:45 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Having s stopover in London for a day, Which hotel is closest to an underground station?

I think the closest tube station is at LHR for both. I will be at the Sheraton Heathrow on Tuesday and will see how fast it is to get there from the tube.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83

Neither hotel is within walking distance to a tube station. The Sheraton Heathrow is closest to Heathrow station, the Skyline is close to Hatton Cross (take the 285 free bus from there to the stop across the street). The Skyline can also be reached from Heathrow by taking one of the many aforementioned free buses. I'm on a personal crusade to spread the word about how the Hoppa bus service is a complete rip off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.