Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
You can travel to/from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow from the Central Terminal Area, and Terminal 5 for free on the London red buses. Just get on the bus, there is no need to pay or present any ticket.

Free bus routes to/from the Central Terminal (T1,2,3) area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow.pdf

Free bus routes to/from the Terminal 5 area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow-t5.pdf

Travelling to the Sheraton Skyline from the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, alight at the New Road stop : the hotel is to your right.

Travelling from the Sheraton Skyline to the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, board the bus the Harlington Corner stop, which is opposite the hotel on the other side of the road.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, take the U3 bus and alight at the Skyport Drive stop. Walk to your left, then around the corner, 5 minutes to the hotel.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, walk 5 minutes to the Pinglestone Close stop and take the U3.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Terminal 5, take the 423 bus to the Park Thistle Hotel stop and walk up the footpath along the side of the Premier Inn, then cross the dual carriageway road.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow to Terminal 5, take the 423 bus from the Park Thistle Hotel stop.
You can also use the 423 bus to travel free from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow to/from Hatton Cross tube station.

For terminal 4, you will need to transfer within the airport from the Cenrtal Terminal Area.
Print Wikipost

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2008, 11:53 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Has the Sheraton Skyline internet login page been corrected so that the display of the price to connect in US dollars is an accurate reflection of the price the hotel actually charges in British pounds?
Old Oct 15, 2008, 11:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stc
But, IIRC, they (Skyline Club Lounge) have hard boiled eggs, cheeses, yogurt and the like.

Maybe I should try the Sheraton Heathrow again, but the couple of times I've stayed there I have been disappointed. I've never been disappointed at the Skyline.
I've never been disappointed by the Skyline either -- the Sheraton Heathrow is another story given the floppy beds I used to end up with there and sometimes the worst rooms in the place -- think rooms next to a utility closet facing the front entrance and hearing the noise from the Hotel Hoppa bus coming around for all of the day and much of the night and very early morning with random slamming of doors to open or shut the adjoining closet/space (used by hotel staff).

I still say it's best to avoid the Sheraton Heathrow if you can get the SkyLine for a comparable (or better) price.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I've never been disappointed by the Skyline either -- the Sheraton Heathrow is another story given the floppy beds I used to end up with there and sometimes the worst rooms in the place -- think rooms next to a utility closet facing the front entrance and hearing the noise from the Hotel Hoppa bus coming around for all of the day and much of the night and very early morning with random slamming of doors to open or shut the adjoining closet/space (used by hotel staff).

I still say it's best to avoid the Sheraton Heathrow if you can get the SkyLine for a comparable (or better) price.
The Heathrow had hot items in the lounge for breakfast (I think sausage, bacon, rather rubbery scrambled eggs) IIRC from my last weekday stay (weekend stays get full breakfast in the restaurant). The Skyline now also offers hot breakfast items in the lounge (american style streaky bacon and scrambled eggs IIRC).

The presentation and space available for lounge breakfast is much better in the Skyline and the quality of food is higher, with a decent Jura coffee machine too (when it is working).

It has been an option for some time to get a voucher in the Skyline lounge for a restaurant breakfast instead but they seem to be cracking down on this. I certainly had to fight hard to move to the restaurant last weekend. Normally I wouldn't bother since the restaurant ambience for breakfast can be less pleasant (i.e. full of noisy kids) and the food is often lukewarm but the lounge coffeemaker was broken and I wanted a decent coffee.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 7:07 am
MKB

I wish the Skyline would stop penny-pinching. Things I miss that they no longer provide:

- No complimentary "Business Traveller" magazine
- No biscuits on the tea/coffee tray
- Ditto hot chocolate
- No chocolates with turn-down
- No mouthwash

The two bottles of complimentary water that were always waiting in my room now seem to be hit and miss too.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MKB
I wish the Skyline would stop penny-pinching. Things I miss that they no longer provide:

- Ditto hot chocolate
- No mouthwash

The two bottles of complimentary water that were always waiting in my room now seem to be hit and miss too.
Agree with all this, its rare I get more than 1 water these days. I find on those occasions I dont get any water (more common at the Heathrow than the skyline for me), I have always had the cost of taking one from the minibar deducted, YMMV.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MKB

- Ditto hot chocolate
- No mouthwash

The Business Traveller magazine and another one is provided at the Sheraton Heathrow. I'm surprised to find it there but no longer at the SkyLine. Isn't the average rate at the Sheraton Skyline higher than at the Sheraton Heathrow?
Old Oct 21, 2008, 4:29 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Both the Skyline (GB55) and Heathrow (GB45) are on www.starpicks.com for the next couple of weeks at the moment. Just bagged a room for later this week.

Skyline is well worth the extra tenner IMHO.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 4:13 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Sheraton Heathrow

I needed a one night stay this past Sunday and although I would have preferred to stay at the Skyline the Sheraton Heathrow had a starpick rate of 45GBP available and couldnt really pass it up.

We took the city bus to the hotel. Now, this was not the best experience for me as it was Sunday and there was only one of the two buses (75/76) running on that day and it ended up being late. I think we waited about 30 minutes. At the central bus area it is bus area 5 and just tell the driver you are going to the Sheraton, no charge and he told us where to get off. Just needed to dart across the street to get to the hotel but not a major problem for us as we had just small carry on bags.

Based on previous reports it looks like we got lucky as there was absolutely no line for our check in at 3PM. I was asked if I wanted points for my plat amenity and also the check in person called someone to have a bottle of water delivered to my room. I was told I could take breakfast in the restaurant or the lounge and he actually suggested the restaurant as the lounge was small. You will not be "wowed" by the lobby area but the check in staff was fine.

The 3rd floor room was fine. It was new bed and newer LCD TV. A little small but for a one night stay perfectly clean and comfortable. This is obviously and older building so you will for sure run into things that are broke etc. I am of firm belief that the heating adjustment in the room does nothing except control the fan and you are at the mercy of whatever the hotle has the temp set at. The room and hotel for that matter reminds me of about any older airport property with newer bedding.

I went to check out the lounge after check in and there was a couple of older laptops nailed down to counter with a high top style chair. They are fine for airline check in etc and there is a printer attached to one of them. There was some cookies and nuts out as well as some water and juice if I remember. The evening had some pretty decent hot items out but we did not eat as we had already eaten dinner. They had cocktails out and was pretty decent place to have a couple of drinks. I was happy with the evening offerings int he lounge. I did not have breakfast in the lounge so cant comment on that but did check out there and that did make a big difference as there was nobody there checking out but plenty of people downstairs so that was nice.

Breakfast was an average english buffet breakfast. Coffee was horrible but they had a omelete station and the guy doing the cooking did a good job.

We did not want to mess with the bus for our return back to the airport and since it was just 10GBP for a taxi we elected to go that route instead of the hoppa which would have been 4GBP each (total of 8 for us).

There is not anything around as other have mentioned other than the gas station and McDonalds across the street. There is also a very good Chinese restaurant about a 5 minute walk to the left as you exit the hotel. It is not one of those deep fried take a way joints but a very nice restaurant and delicious food. I was pleasantly surprised with the food and service. www.london-hk.co.uk

I would like to try the Skyline but if the rates are this good at the Heathrow I am inclined to return.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 10:44 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
I've stayed at both of these hotels extensively and both have some positive points but neither is particularly brilliant.

Sheraton Skyline:

Plus:
-Near to Terminals 1,2,3 and easier to get to T4.
-Larger rooms.
-More sophisticated rooms.
-Free wifi in the executive lounge
-Lounge staff is friendly

Drawbacks:
-Front desk staff are unpleasant and moody. For example today at checkin they were in a group of 3 people talking together and pretty much ignored my presence (I had to say hello not them).
-Upgrade was after asking. Even then the front desk assured me that a traditional king room on the 2nd floor was nicer than an executive on the 3rd (do they think I'm a fool?, I've been here before...)
-Generally more expensive
-Executive lounge food is poor in quantity and taste
-No Bliss products yet.
-Executive lounge can be overrun with kids making it feel like a playground.
-Very Noisy (rooms are badly sound proofed) when aircraft are taking off from 27R.

Sheraton Heathrow Hotel:

Positives:
-Cheap on weekends
-Friendly staff
-Nice buffet breakfast at weekends
-Nice executive lounge selection in terms of food (drinks are limited though)
-Bliss products
-Better TV lineup
-Can barely hear aircraft

Negatives:
-Rooms are small
-Bathrooms feel more suitable for a motel
-More out of the way from most Heathrow terminals except T5.

It's all down to personal preferences, but the skyline is overrated in my opinion. Although like I said neither is an amazing property.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 11:08 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GVA
I've stayed at both of these hotels extensively and both have some positive points but neither is particularly brilliant.

Sheraton Heathrow Hotel:

Negatives:
-Rooms are small
-Bathrooms feel more suitable for a motel
-More out of the way from most Heathrow terminals except T5.
Really? Do they provide a free shuttle? Or is the there a public bus? Or is just the typical overpriced Hoppa Bus and outrageously priced taxis?
Old Nov 1, 2008, 11:12 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by stc
Really? Do they provide a free shuttle? Or is the there a public bus? Or is just the typical overpriced Hoppa Bus and outrageously priced taxis?
T5 to Sheraton Heathrow : public bus 350 (better frequency and closer), and 423. You can still pay for the Hoppa, if you so wish.

I would personally prefer the Skyline lounge over the Heathrow one, especially for breakfast. I may be mistaken, but I consider the lounge at the Sheraton Heathrow to be a dump.

Last edited by JOUY31; Nov 1, 2008 at 4:20 pm
Old Nov 1, 2008, 1:58 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Public bus. 350 (better frequency and closer), and 423. You can still pay for the Hoppa, if you so wish.

I would personally prefer the Skyline lounge over the Heathrow one, especially for breakfast. I may be mistaken, but I consider the lounge at the Sheraton Heathrow to be a dump.
I've had a few breakfasts at the skyline and never found them that brilliant. That said, I've always been at the Heathrow during weekends so never had the pleasure to try out their lounge breakfast.

I did enjoy the skyline's lounge agent's help last week in giving me a breakfast voucher for the restaurant when I told her I was leaving before the lounge opened to serve breakfast.That type of service is way more than what I'd come to expect normally.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 4:03 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by stc
No free shuttles. And it is a pain to get back to the airport from both hotels.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Unless it was changed recently, there should be free public buses serving Bath Road up to High Street Harlington, right from the central bus station at LHR.
Read this thread for furhter info:
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...&highlight=lhr
Old Nov 1, 2008, 4:25 pm
GVA

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Not really. There's loads of buses running from heathrow central to the skyline and three routes to the sheraton. I prefer taking a free bus to paying whatever the hoppa feel is appropriate in ripping off travelers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.