Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
You can travel to/from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow from the Central Terminal Area, and Terminal 5 for free on the London red buses. Just get on the bus, there is no need to pay or present any ticket.

Free bus routes to/from the Central Terminal (T1,2,3) area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow.pdf

Free bus routes to/from the Terminal 5 area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow-t5.pdf

Travelling to the Sheraton Skyline from the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, alight at the New Road stop : the hotel is to your right.

Travelling from the Sheraton Skyline to the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, board the bus the Harlington Corner stop, which is opposite the hotel on the other side of the road.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, take the U3 bus and alight at the Skyport Drive stop. Walk to your left, then around the corner, 5 minutes to the hotel.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, walk 5 minutes to the Pinglestone Close stop and take the U3.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Terminal 5, take the 423 bus to the Park Thistle Hotel stop and walk up the footpath along the side of the Premier Inn, then cross the dual carriageway road.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow to Terminal 5, take the 423 bus from the Park Thistle Hotel stop.
You can also use the 423 bus to travel free from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow to/from Hatton Cross tube station.

For terminal 4, you will need to transfer within the airport from the Cenrtal Terminal Area.
Print Wikipost

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2008, 2:12 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
When I made the booking on the web site, in the remarks, I added 'quiet room, facing the atrium'. I even called the hotel to ensure the room was quiet...If in their written communication, they mention that the Sky Bar, the Sky Garden and pool are closed due to general maintenance, they fail to warn you that the entire atrium is closed and going major concrete constructions...and of course, they did not say anything on the phone either.

Bottom line is that they only care about $$$ and not hospitality. From now on we are putting in our hotel contracts that in case of major constructions going on in the hotel, we reserve the right to cancell the room upon check in and invoice for the inconvenience to have to rebook in another hotel.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
When I made the booking on the web site, in the remarks, I added 'quiet room, facing the atrium'. I even called the hotel to ensure the room was quiet...If in their written communication, they mention that the Sky Bar, the Sky Garden and pool are closed due to general maintenance, they fail to warn you that the entire atrium is closed and going major concrete constructions...and of course, they did not say anything on the phone either.

Bottom line is that they only care about $$$ and not hospitality. From now on we are putting in our hotel contracts that in case of major constructions going on in the hotel, we reserve the right to cancell the room upon check in and invoice for the inconvenience to have to rebook in another hotel.
Obviously the construction work is a major inconvenience but they are not the only hotel who has to manage room revenue juggled with refurbishment a few months ago I had workmen replacing windows in the suite above me in the ROS BKK (And the suite was not an upgrade I paid for it).

It isn't correct to say that the only quiet rooms are those facing the atrium. I have never found the noise from the runway too bad in the runway facing rooms (but you MUST ensure that all the windows and secondary closing are shut tight). Obviously some noise is however noticeable on that side of teh building. The buiding is however square shaped (actually like a square donut, but you get the point).

There are 3 other sides to the property which face outward but which do not face the runway. As I understand it all the Executive rooms are in the front half of the square with only regular rooms facing towards the rear (perhaps the quietest aspect). I have certainly never had a room much beyond the side lifts in around 20 stays at this property.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 9:30 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
The Sheraton Skyline is going through some refurbishment. They are transforming what used to be the inside atrium and the pool is closed. I don't understand why they did not close the hotel completely. While before you could have a quiet room facing the atrium, inside rooms are now facing the constructions...and forget about quietness - work starts early morning !!!. Outside rooms are noisy since the hotel is facing a major runway. As for what is left of the restaurant in all those constructions...you better off having food at the airport.

What a disgrace for Sheraton and total waste of money. In time of recession, this is a good way to lose your customers for ever.
I stayed there within the last month and disagree. I had a prefectly reasonable room facing the outside. If they had closed the Sheraton Skyline, they would have lost my business to Hilton.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 10:33 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
I agree with the previous posts.

I can't imagine the Skyline only just now decided to engage in the construction/rennovation work. Probably something contracted some time ago and they're having to go thru with it. When it's all done, it will likely be the type of improvement that either attracts or keeps customers.

Plenty of quiet room options other than those facing the atrium, and yes, the runway-facing rooms just aren't that bad.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I got double charged by the Sheraton Heathrow on a stay one month ago. Have emailed the hotel repeatedly via the email on SPG's web site. Still no response...does anyone have a different email address for this property? Any recourse?
Old Dec 6, 2008, 12:51 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I got double charged by the Sheraton Heathrow on a stay one month ago. Have emailed the hotel repeatedly via the email on SPG's web site. Still no response...does anyone have a different email address for this property? Any recourse?
Call the hotel or if you don't want to do that, call / contact your credit card company.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 2:18 pm

I had the opposite problem there a while ago. I had a BRG rate of 50-60 pounds, but the hotel insisted I should only pay 1 pound. So that's what I paid. Asked to speak to the manager so I could pay MORE, showed them my confirmation etc etc (as I didn't want to be chased later due to company expneses) but they insisted that one pound was the correct rate on checkout. To date they haven't asked for more!
Old Dec 8, 2008, 10:17 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
I would call Corporate Customer Service and not use email. They are going to need some information from you that I do not recommend sending via email.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Dec 19, 2008, 1:12 pm

Is anyone else having issues with the Skyline posting the platinum amenity points?
Old Apr 15, 2009, 1:46 pm

Programs: spg platinum, a-club gold, MPC silver
regarding the gym

ill be having two stopovers at heathrow and am decideing between two sheratons and sofitel, novotel. actually i have my own work-out plan, so in order to stick to it, i have to find a hotel with decent bench, freebells etc.

could anyone whos been to sheratons (or even sofitel, novotel) tell me more on this gym thing?

many thanks
Old Jun 2, 2009, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver
Don't know how the Sheraton Heathrow is, since we just stayed at the Skyline, but the Skyline was quite nice, I must say.

As has been said, they only have two suites, I asked and the FD said we try to upgrade when we can, but we often sell them and everyone wants them. Oh well, got a club level room with a bed and sofabed, not too big by US standards, but if my understanding is correct, pretty generous by European standards. The club lounge at this property is excellent, with two computers, many seating areas, a cappucino/espresso machine, and a fridge with drinks. Evening appetizers were numerous and good, and beer is free at "happy hour" from 5-7 I believe... maybe 5-8? At other times, only the house wine is free... the red was a Spanish red, IIRC. They have tables with chess/checkerboards built in and the pieces separately, which is fun if you have someone to play with. I also got to see an A380 taxiing from the lounge, which was nice. The renovations are complete (actually, they had an Indian wedding that day) and the pool is in the courtyard in the middle of the hotel. The pool went quite deep also, about 10 feet or more maybe. There were two restaurants, one more serious and one "sports bar" although only the sports bar was open when we were there. They have some interesting curries on the menu, which they say is a collaboration with some well known Indian restaurant or something like that- might be nice to try.

One interesting note, in the interest of saving the pounds that seemed to be disappearing very quickly, we used public transportation. Took the metro up until... some station West, I think, a few before the airport. Then, went across the street and onto a bus straight to the hotel. The area is alright, but probably not one I'd want to be standing around in at night, just as a word of caution. Was going to use the hotel hoppa, but a cab pulled up right as we were about to pay for the hoppa, and we took that instead. If you have more than 2 people, I think it's pretty close in price.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Which property at London Heathrow?

I have an early morning flight out of London Heathrow on UA next week, and I would like to stay at a Starwood property the night before - which property would be my best bet? Any experiences with any of the Airport properties?

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Sep 14, 2009 at 12:29 pm Reason: Merged without edit into thread comparing the two Heathrow properties
Old Sep 16, 2009, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
We stayed at the Sheraton Heathrow last week and despite our fears based on what weŽd read here, we had a pretty good stay. No upgrade (Mr Rani is a Plat) other than to the club floor but the room was fine.

Best thing we did though was to take the private car service to the airport rather than wait for the Hoppa. We must have waited 20 minutes for the Hoppa on the way to the hotel and given the 2 GBP difference for two people, the car service worked well for us. Although we were pretty amused when the driver extorted a tip from us.

We also went to the pub up the road from the hotel for dinner and really enjoyed ourselves. They came and picked us up and we walked back - not sure we would have found it by ourselves.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thumbs up

Planning to stay at the Skyline in January, we arrive into Terminal 5 and leave from 3, never been in Heathrow for 30 years as we always normally go from LGW/MAN is it an easy task Hoppa wise or free buses and if we taxi it what would the approx cost be. Thanks in advance for help.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 8:40 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by red duster
Planning to stay at the Skyline in January, we arrive into Terminal 5 and leave from 3, never been in Heathrow for 30 years as we always normally go from LGW/MAN is it an easy task Hoppa wise or free buses and if we taxi it what would the approx cost be. Thanks in advance for help.
In my experience, the cheapest and most convenient way to get to a hotel is to take a so-called mini cab. The information desks in the terminal have lists of numbers, most of them 800, that you can call for any public phone. Try a few -- you'll need to tell each one where you're going, the number of people and suitcases, etc., and they'll give you a quote. Take whichever you find best. The mini-cab will arrive in a few minutes in the location the operator will mention. Note that you will have to go to the spot where departing passengers arrive at the terminal. If the mini cab offers to a location inside the terminal, you will have to pay extra for the cab's parking fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.