Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
You can travel to/from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow from the Central Terminal Area, and Terminal 5 for free on the London red buses. Just get on the bus, there is no need to pay or present any ticket.

Free bus routes to/from the Central Terminal (T1,2,3) area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow.pdf

Free bus routes to/from the Terminal 5 area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow-t5.pdf

Travelling to the Sheraton Skyline from the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, alight at the New Road stop : the hotel is to your right.

Travelling from the Sheraton Skyline to the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, board the bus the Harlington Corner stop, which is opposite the hotel on the other side of the road.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, take the U3 bus and alight at the Skyport Drive stop. Walk to your left, then around the corner, 5 minutes to the hotel.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, walk 5 minutes to the Pinglestone Close stop and take the U3.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Terminal 5, take the 423 bus to the Park Thistle Hotel stop and walk up the footpath along the side of the Premier Inn, then cross the dual carriageway road.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow to Terminal 5, take the 423 bus from the Park Thistle Hotel stop.
You can also use the 423 bus to travel free from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow to/from Hatton Cross tube station.

For terminal 4, you will need to transfer within the airport from the Cenrtal Terminal Area.
Print Wikipost

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Staying here tonight 4/10/11

Club Lounge evening happy hour: 6pm - 8pm , selection of beers, hot items (rice balls, fish cakes) there were chips with salsa, guacamole, and nacho cheese

The lounge was completely packed at 6:15p! There were almost no seating available. I like the bar style lounge where most people talked and shared some jokes about the SPG program. One guy mentioned they should make a higher tier than platinum or even make platinum status require 50 stays since the current requirements are apparently a joke to him since he logs in over 200+ SPG stays....

Received a club room as Platinum as the suites were occupied. I can see that by the amount of platinums in this hotels in the lounge.... Room is huge with a love seat.

I kind of prefer the Sheraton Heathrow since the lounge is small, but private and there arent many people there. The food is better at the Sheraton Heathrow and the lounge there is open 24 hours.

The lounge at the skyline is only open 6:30am - 10:30pm , the key will not work outside those items.

Breakfast is served 6:30am - 10:30am Monday - Friday
7:00am - 11:00am Saturday and Sundays
Old May 18, 2011, 10:56 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Any ideas about bus no. 423?

Does it go past Sheraton Skyline and Hatton Cross from Terminal 5? And is it free?
Old May 29, 2011, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Biggest complaint about the lounge at the Sheraton Heathrow is that it serves no English ales, just Bud and Becks! Disgusting...

(Well, next biggest complaint is the £4.50 charge for the shuttle, £8 return! Is there another airport in the world that charges for airport hotel shuttle service? Or charges as much in facility and entry fees?!)
Old May 29, 2011, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Biggest complaint about the lounge at the Sheraton Heathrow is that it serves no English ales, just Bud and Becks! Disgusting...

(Well, next biggest complaint is the £4.50 charge for the shuttle, £8 return! Is there another airport in the world that charges for airport hotel shuttle service? Or charges as much in facility and entry fees?!)
That is awful, but there is a full complement of decent beer and cider in the hotel bar. And you can take a private car back to the airport which is a vastly better option than the Hoppa. I've been doing that for about 15 years now. In short, you get what you pay for.
Old May 29, 2011, 5:16 pm

Is there another airport in the world that charges for airport hotel shuttle service?
I know the answer - pick me!

Sydney $5 each way for the hotel shuttle. I agree with the odious nature of charging for the shuttle but at least at LHR you have the option of free public buses that serve most of the airport hotels and LHR also allows free transport for everyone between the terminals. If you are landside at Sydney you pay for the public transport between the domestic and international terminals and if you take the Airport T-bus they charge you $5.50.

The only saving grace is that because SYD is so close to downtown there is little need to actually stay at an airport hotel but then you have to fork out the exorbitant station access fee for the suburban train that is priced as a premium airport service. Governments privatise all these virtually monopoly services and private enterprise has a field day - but perhaps that's a topic for another thread/forum
Old May 30, 2011, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Oh, the CP near VCE charges for the shuttle nowadays as I recall. Some hotels at CDG used to charge, but recently all the hotels grouped together (or were forced to group together) to have a group bus service which is free. I think there are one or two other airports I'm forgetting.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Why ppl take the hotel shuttle?

I took the 423 free bus from T5 to Sheraton Skyline and it dropped me from a 1-2 minute walk from the hotel. Did it the other way too going to T5.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Indeed. There are free public buses to this hotel (admittedly much lower in frequency compared to the Skyline) so anyone who uses the Hoppa, hotel shuttle or anything else deserves to be charged...
Old May 30, 2011, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Is there a link to these "free public buses"? Had no idea they existed. At least the hotel let me put the return ticket on my bill so I didn't need to convert any more cash. Nor was I aware there was a private car service. (To add insult to injury, the kiosk at LHR where one is supposed to buy tickets could not sell them because their computers were down.) The issue is there are no signs advising how one gets a shuttle to hotels at LHR, just directions to the waiting area. Comes as a surprise to those who've never done the routine before.

Oh well, back home at the AC MLL where I just pulled myself a perfect pint of Guinness (was certified at the Storehouse in Dublin a couple of years back, then had the head brewer sign it at one of the anniversary celebrations last year when he was on tour).
Old May 30, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Is there a link to these "free public buses"? Had no idea they existed. .....
http://www.milesfaster.co.uk/informa...london-bus.htm
Old Jun 12, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
Day Room

Hello all,

Does anyone have experience getting a room at either of these properties to use as a "day room" from approx. 9am to 9pm?

If so, what was the rate, how did you make the arrangements (SPG.com, direct, upon arrival, etc...), and - most importantly - did you get points and a stay credit???

OT- Does anyone have a recommendation for getting to Windsor during said 12-hr layover?

Thanks in advance-
Bill
Old Jun 12, 2011, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium

http://oldenglishpub.com/default.aspx

They have a shuttle that will pick up from the Sheraton LHR and return you. We've walked a number of times -- it's not really that far. I expect I'll be there on Saturday night if I'm back in time from London.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 1:13 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sombrachinesca
Hello all,

Does anyone have experience getting a room at either of these properties to use as a "day room" from approx. 9am to 9pm?

If so, what was the rate, how did you make the arrangements (SPG.com, direct, upon arrival, etc...), and - most importantly - did you get points and a stay credit???

OT- Does anyone have a recommendation for getting to Windsor during said 12-hr layover?

Thanks in advance-
Bill
Day rooms are generally until 5 or 6 PM. Sometimes the rates are on the website, but sometimes I need to call SPG. Definitely got points and stay credit.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 5:41 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Tried both to compare..

I was in Europe this week and used LHR for my hub on both overseas legs. Decided to try 1 night at each property to see what they were like. Was able to get Starpicks rate of 55 pounds for Skyline and 45 for Heathrow

Skyline was a nicer property overall with a better lounge and great staff. I personally found the bed however to be much too soft. Housekeeping brought me a rollaway that was good and firm, so problem solved. Gym here is fantastic - everyhing you need for a great workout on the road. Upgraded to Club room which had nice (ie not standard Sheraton) amenities. 2 bottles of water

Heathrow (as others have noted) is in need of some upkeep. The room itself was fine (Club room), although it had no bottled water and lounge only had bottles of sparkling. Bed was great and furniture did not appear worn or tired. Beyond the room however, all other areas of the hotel looked a little rough. Chairs in the Club Lounge were dirty, the bar on the main floor looked more like a Four Points than a Sheraton (though the food and staff was pretty good an a reasonable price). My biggest Pet Peeve here however was that breakfast was only available in the Club Lounge from 6am to 8am. Normally this is not a problem when I travel, but given I was heading back to North America, I had hoped to sleep in a bit to try and adjust to the time back home - not possible here.

Overall, both properties are fine for an overnighter. Given the option for both at similar rates, Skyline would win quite easily. That said, I would not pay more than a 20-30% premium for the Skyline, so the rate will probably guide my choice in the future.

CC
Old Nov 19, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
The gym in the Heathrow is pretty good also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.