Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
You can travel to/from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow from the Central Terminal Area, and Terminal 5 for free on the London red buses. Just get on the bus, there is no need to pay or present any ticket.

Free bus routes to/from the Central Terminal (T1,2,3) area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow.pdf

Free bus routes to/from the Terminal 5 area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow-t5.pdf

Travelling to the Sheraton Skyline from the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, alight at the New Road stop : the hotel is to your right.

Travelling from the Sheraton Skyline to the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, board the bus the Harlington Corner stop, which is opposite the hotel on the other side of the road.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, take the U3 bus and alight at the Skyport Drive stop. Walk to your left, then around the corner, 5 minutes to the hotel.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, walk 5 minutes to the Pinglestone Close stop and take the U3.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Terminal 5, take the 423 bus to the Park Thistle Hotel stop and walk up the footpath along the side of the Premier Inn, then cross the dual carriageway road.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow to Terminal 5, take the 423 bus from the Park Thistle Hotel stop.
You can also use the 423 bus to travel free from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow to/from Hatton Cross tube station.

For terminal 4, you will need to transfer within the airport from the Cenrtal Terminal Area.
Print Wikipost

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 3:46 am

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by red duster
Planning to stay at the Skyline in January, we arrive into Terminal 5 and leave from 3, never been in Heathrow for 30 years as we always normally go from LGW/MAN is it an easy task Hoppa wise or free buses and if we taxi it what would the approx cost be. Thanks in advance for help.
Easiest and most convenient is a taxi. the hotels don't offer a complimentary shuttle, and the hoppa bus is ok, but you have to pay (terminal 1 to skyline = 4 pounds) and you lug your own luggage, and go from hotel to hotel.

From the hotels to the airports, you can use a hotel car, the driver is waiting at the concierge desk at the appointed time, and costs 10 pounds from hotel to terminal. Well worth it. when I left the hotel to go to airport last week, 25 pax with luggage were waiting on Hoppa bus, which was arriving as I left. It was 3/4 full, so I doubt that everyone got on the bus.

In the meantime, the driver loaded my luggage and brought me to the terminal, were I had a hassle free check in.

In keeping with the thread, I would recommend Skyline as the better hotel, clubrooms are nice, and better connection to T1,2,3+4.

Sheraton Heathrow is closer to T5, but the rooms, even plat upgrade rooms need renovation. If it is a short overnight, it really doesn't matter as a bed is a bed, and if you leave from T5 then it may be a better bet.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by nswat
Easiest and most convenient is a taxi. the hotels don't offer a complimentary shuttle, and the hoppa bus is ok, but you have to pay (terminal 1 to skyline = 4 pounds) and you lug your own luggage, and go from hotel to hotel.
If you don't have too much luggage with you, TfL busses are free of charge in the heathrow area and offer fast, frequent service to Heathrow Terminals 1-2-3. The stop is directly across the road from the Skyline (Harlington Corner Stop J), and these busses will get you to Heathrow much faster than the Hoppa bus.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Reason077
If you don't have too much luggage with you, TfL busses are free of charge in the heathrow area and offer fast, frequent service to Heathrow Terminals 1-2-3. The stop is directly across the road from the Skyline (Harlington Corner Stop J), and these busses will get you to Heathrow much faster than the Hoppa bus.
That may be, but you need to cross the road Approximately 600yds in all, which is not easy on a dualcarriageway (central divider), and by the time that is accomplished, waiting at traffic lights, waiting on the bus itself, I will probably be at the terminal with the hotel car. I think that when all aspects are calculated, 10 GBP is worth it, imo.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by nswat
That may be, but you need to cross the road Approximately 600yds in all, which is not easy on a dualcarriageway (central divider), and by the time that is accomplished, waiting at traffic lights, waiting on the bus itself, I will probably be at the terminal with the hotel car. I think that when all aspects are calculated, 10 GBP is worth it, imo.
Sure, I'm not suggesting a cab isn't a better option for some.

It's not even close to 600 yards to the bus stop, however! Its approximately 230 metres total from the hotel lobby to the road, east to the crossing, across the road, and back to the bus stop. Personally if I'm not lugging around a bunch of big suitcases then I'd rather save the £10
Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:25 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I stay in both of these hotels from time to time, only because the Hilton, which is a much better hotel, is more expensive. Both Skyline and Sheraton are not very good, but I guess they are adequate if you have an early flight. The rooms in the Skyline are slightly nicer, but the front desk staff in the Skyline care even less than those in the Sheraton. As mentioned, the Sheraton lounge is open 24/7 with your keycard, so you can get soft drinks from there for free at night instead of paying for them out of your minibar if you arrive late from the city. I once got overcharged by the Sheraton Heathrow. I called (from the other country I had flown to) and asked to speak to the general manager. He called me back and sorted it out later, but no compensation or much of an apology was offered.

I normally take a hotel cab to get to the airport, because I am usually late in the morning and the reason I am even staying at these hotels is because I have an early morning flight...

As a sidenote, once when I was staying at the hotel coming from Heathrow, the cab driver got very angry at me for using a taxi for such a short distance and (in very rude words) told me to take a hotel bus next time.

Back to the hotels, I think that overall, it doesn't really matter if you are just using them to get a few hours of sleep before you catch your plane the next morning. Either one will provide a decent room and a bed and while the Skyline is newer and perhaps a bit nicer, there is not too much of a difference.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:35 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by attorney28

I normally take a hotel cab to get to the airport, because I am usually late in the morning and the reason I am even staying at these hotels is because I have an early morning flight...

As a sidenote, once when I was staying at the hotel coming from Heathrow, the cab driver got very angry at me for using a taxi for such a short distance and (in very rude words) told me to take a hotel bus next time.
Just ask the hotel concierge, at either of the two Starwoods, to book a mini cab. They are cheap, efficient, and courteous. Avoid the official London cabs, as they are looking for a passenger into London itself.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Thumbs up

Thanks again for all your advice.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by red duster
Thanks again for all your advice.
No worries and welcome to flyertalk!^
Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by Reason077
Sure, I'm not suggesting a cab isn't a better option for some.

It's not even close to 600 yards to the bus stop, however! Its approximately 230 metres total from the hotel lobby to the road, east to the crossing, across the road, and back to the bus stop. Personally if I'm not lugging around a bunch of big suitcases then I'd rather save the £10
You are right, in that if you have no luggage, or just a small piece, it probably is worth it. As for the distance, it seemed a bit longer than you were saying when I was there, but that was probably because I had to wait at almost every light crossing the road. Somehow not synchronised, and you get to the middle, and have to wait again
Old Sep 30, 2009, 2:37 am

Programs: AA Plat 2 mill miler;UA Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Both of these properties, in my experience, are the almost quintessential example of the airport hotel "bed factory". Their short average stay and generally high occupancy result in tremendous wear and tear on rooms, facilities, and, yes, staff, and it shows. The rooms at the Skyline are a bit better shape in my experience, though both can be a bit worn around the edges. The staff tries in each property, but attitude is highly variable. Food and beverage is priced very high, and its quality is generic and mediocre.

This is only to suggest that one's expectations must be calibrated a bit, and be realistic to avoid disappointment.

Lately I've hopped on the Heathrow Express and been at Paddington, and the Paddington Hilton (many otherhotels are within a few minutes) in less time than it has taken me with the "Hotel Hoppa" bus service. But, admittedly, my client was paying and the cost was indeed higher.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:55 am

Hey people,

I'm currently staying at the Skyline and ostensibly have used my one hour of complimentary wifi from The Link. Is the one hour per day or is it over the course of a guest's entire stay?
Old Nov 14, 2009, 8:22 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
As usual, I used bus 423 from T5. On the way back, I elected to use the Hoppa Bus, in order not to walk under the rain to the other side of the dual carriageway. Wrong move . The Hoppa that serves the Skyline also goes to T4. So, going back from the Skyline to T5, you can enjoy the scenic ride to the Jurys Inn close to Hatton Cross Underground station, to T4 and all the way back to T5. It could be interesting for my AF flights when, after Nov. 24th, AF moves over to T4, but never again to T5 !!!
Old Dec 29, 2009, 12:55 pm

If anyone is interested, Sheraton Heathrow is now showing as Category 2 on points. I think this is a bargain, espeically on weekends. For PL you will also get free breakfast downstairs if you prefer, and access to the 24/7 lounge. I actually prefer this to the Skyline I think. Either way, on points it's a no-brainer.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I got free breakfast in the restaurant at Skyline during the snow troubles since the lounge staff couldn't make it in to work.

I had to figure out how to turn the lights on in the lounge myself to use the computer in the morning. It wasn't easy!
Old Dec 29, 2009, 2:34 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 2035
If anyone is interested, Sheraton Heathrow is now showing as Category 2 on points. I think this is a bargain, espeically on weekends. For PL you will also get free breakfast downstairs if you prefer, and access to the 24/7 lounge. I actually prefer this to the Skyline I think. Either way, on points it's a no-brainer.
Even if the Sheraton Heathrow was free, I'd probably still pick the Skyline. The Heathrow is just too hard to get to and I've never had a good stay there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.