Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
You can travel to/from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow from the Central Terminal Area, and Terminal 5 for free on the London red buses. Just get on the bus, there is no need to pay or present any ticket.

Free bus routes to/from the Central Terminal (T1,2,3) area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow.pdf

Free bus routes to/from the Terminal 5 area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow-t5.pdf

Travelling to the Sheraton Skyline from the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, alight at the New Road stop : the hotel is to your right.

Travelling from the Sheraton Skyline to the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, board the bus the Harlington Corner stop, which is opposite the hotel on the other side of the road.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, take the U3 bus and alight at the Skyport Drive stop. Walk to your left, then around the corner, 5 minutes to the hotel.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, walk 5 minutes to the Pinglestone Close stop and take the U3.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Terminal 5, take the 423 bus to the Park Thistle Hotel stop and walk up the footpath along the side of the Premier Inn, then cross the dual carriageway road.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow to Terminal 5, take the 423 bus from the Park Thistle Hotel stop.
You can also use the 423 bus to travel free from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow to/from Hatton Cross tube station.

For terminal 4, you will need to transfer within the airport from the Cenrtal Terminal Area.
Print Wikipost

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 6:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by RichMSN
I had both breakfasts last month. If the Skyline's breakfast is good to very good, I must lower my expectations. Barely hot food cooked in mass quantities is not my idea of good breakfast.
Without a description of their breakfast offering and the deficiencies you experienced, it's difficult to comment further.
Old May 3, 2017, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Without a description of their breakfast offering and the deficiencies you experienced, it's difficult to comment further.
The hot breakfast provided was a buffet of stuff that seemed like it was cooked hours earlier and kept in warming pans.

I'm a bit spoiled, though, as I stay during the week in a hotel that provides an outstanding breakfast -- both buffet and made-to-order.

Finally, I have eaten the breakfast in both hotels and will again. If it's free it's a no-brainer. But if it's not free, there are some places I've seen in the terminals that seem to do a good full English which would be a suitable alternative.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:30 am

I have a 3 day trip to London mid-Oct, arrive Thu am about 11 am and depart Sat afternoon. Which hotel has better chances of early check-in and late check-out? Arriving at T3 on AA and departing T5 on BA. Will do paid, C&P, or award stay depending upon rates, etc. Initial plan is to go to Skyline on Thu, then switch to Shearton on Fri. Too much hassle?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Depends entirely upon whether you think an extra 500 points ( assuming you're entitled) plus an extra stay credit are worth the taxi fare and possibly being stuck after checking out of one before check in at another. To me my time is worth more but it depends upon your circumstances IMHO. If the stay made the difference between acquiring either status or a higher status at year's end then I possibly would. Otherwise I don't see the point.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by headinclouds
I have a 3 day trip to London mid-Oct, arrive Thu am about 11 am and depart Sat afternoon. Which hotel has better chances of early check-in and late check-out? Arriving at T3 on AA and departing T5 on BA. Will do paid, C&P, or award stay depending upon rates, etc. Initial plan is to go to Skyline on Thu, then switch to Shearton on Fri. Too much hassle?
I have never been denied early checkin or late checkout at either, and I'm just a lowly Platinum (25 stays).
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Both are fairly terrible to base yourself in for an actual visit to London though. If you really want to Starwood, I would strongly consider the Great Northern Hotel... Super easy from Heathrow and really well located for a lot of fun in London.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fizzer
Depends entirely upon whether you think an extra 500 points ( assuming you're entitled) plus an extra stay credit are worth the taxi fare and possibly being stuck after checking out of one before check in at another.
Definitely never an issue getting late checkout at the Sheraton Heathrow as a Plat, but also a real pain if you want to go to London central to trek back for 4pm and move.

The 81 and the 423 buses both run between the two hotels, more or less. The 423 is also free between them.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:20 pm

Thanks for the inputs about check in/out times. I made Platinum earlier this year on a challenge. As a Hyatt Diamond, early check in/out was always available.

I won't be visiting central London on this trip which is why I'm inquiring about the SPG hotels. A review of the bus timetables in the free fare zone makes the location moot for my purposes. I thought that it might be fun to compare and contrast the two directly for future trips. Maybe not.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Flying in late (around 11pm) from an SAS flight and then departing early the next day on a United flight back to the US. Which sheraton makes the most sense? Really just want some sleep, maybe some decent take out and then a quick cab back to the airport. Don't really want to hang out in lounges all night at LHR but willing to do that if either hotel doesn't make sense.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Flying in late (around 11pm) from an SAS flight and then departing early the next day on a United flight back to the US. Which sheraton makes the most sense? Really just want some sleep, maybe some decent take out and then a quick cab back to the airport. Don't really want to hang out in lounges all night at LHR but willing to do that if either hotel doesn't make sense.
How early is early? It can take time to get landside, cutting into sleep time.

Both Sheratons are just a few minutes away in a cab; there's a little more life around the Skyline but you'd likely get ordered takeaway delivered to either. I've not seen much difference in terms of check-in waiting time and I've slept well in both.

Not sure if there's anything particular that would swing your decision but I'd likely just go for the cheapest in your position. Then again, the ibis styles is likely cheaper still, even closer to Heathrow T1-3, and also perfectly comfortable.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by typical
How early is early? It can take time to get landside, cutting into sleep time.

Both Sheratons are just a few minutes away in a cab; there's a little more life around the Skyline but you'd likely get ordered takeaway delivered to either. I've not seen much difference in terms of check-in waiting time and I've slept well in both.

Not sure if there's anything particular that would swing your decision but I'd likely just go for the cheapest in your position. Then again, the ibis styles is likely cheaper still, even closer to Heathrow T1-3, and also perfectly comfortable.
Land around 11 from CPH on SAS then fly out at 750am on United. Both are equally convenient in terms of distance? In terms of room comfort which wins out? Tough to tell given the comments about the recent renovations. I am spg plat btw.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Land around 11 from CPH on SAS then fly out at 750am on United. Both are equally convenient in terms of distance? In terms of room comfort which wins out? Tough to tell given the comments about the recent renovations. I am spg plat btw.
For such a short stay, either will suffice. The Skyline is slightly closer to the Central Terminal Area than the Heathrow.

FWIW, if you wanted to save on taxi fares and take the free red bus instead, then the Skyline is a better option : the bus service from the Central area to the Skyline is frequent, even at those times of day, and the bus stops are close to the hotel. The only direct free bus service to the Heathrow (the U3) runs less frequently and requires a 5 minute walk.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:28 am

Stayed at both properties last week. I prefer the Sheraton Heathrow over the Sheraton Skyline. Better snacks in the evening and breakfast is the buffet in the Orchard resturant, not in the lounge. The Heathrow breakfast has more variety and quality. Also, cooked to order oastmeal for me. The rooms are smaller, nordic modern design compared to the brown club motif at Skyline. Bus transport is easier and more frequent to the Skyline though. Since the Heathrow runs about 10-20% less than the Skyline, I believe that Heathrow is the better value.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:27 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Stayed at both properties last week. I prefer the Sheraton Heathrow over the Sheraton Skyline. Better snacks in the evening and breakfast is the buffet in the Orchard resturant, not in the lounge. The Heathrow breakfast has more variety and quality. Also, cooked to order oastmeal for me. The rooms are smaller, nordic modern design compared to the brown club motif at Skyline. Bus transport is easier and more frequent to the Skyline though. Since the Heathrow runs about 10-20% less than the Skyline, I believe that Heathrow is the better value.
You have the option of breakfast in the restaurant at the Skyline.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Note the Sheraton Heathrow lounge is closed with no date provided for when it will re-open. In the meantime, they are providing a coupon good for 2 drinks (beer or wine) at the bar and a prepared plate of snacks.

I stayed at both Heathrow and Skyline last week and to me it's a toss up depending on what you are looking for. I might pick Skyline until Heathrow club lounge is back. I did not have breakfast at either property, so cannot comment on that

Skyline
Pros
- 3 bars / restaurants to choose from (an okay Indian place, a kind of strange pool bar with a tropical theme, and a sports bar)
- Club Lounge with serve yourself beers and sodas (I arrived too late for snacks, so can't comment)
- Good sized room
Cons
- Room outdated

Sheraton Heathrow
Pros
- Renovated guest rooms that are modern and new
- Very good restaurant with good variety of food, good prices, and not crowded / noisy
Cons
- Smaller room with small bathroom counter
- Club lounge currently closed and drink coupons okay but not great

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.