Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
You can travel to/from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow from the Central Terminal Area, and Terminal 5 for free on the London red buses. Just get on the bus, there is no need to pay or present any ticket.

Free bus routes to/from the Central Terminal (T1,2,3) area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow.pdf

Free bus routes to/from the Terminal 5 area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow-t5.pdf

Travelling to the Sheraton Skyline from the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, alight at the New Road stop : the hotel is to your right.

Travelling from the Sheraton Skyline to the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, board the bus the Harlington Corner stop, which is opposite the hotel on the other side of the road.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, take the U3 bus and alight at the Skyport Drive stop. Walk to your left, then around the corner, 5 minutes to the hotel.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, walk 5 minutes to the Pinglestone Close stop and take the U3.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Terminal 5, take the 423 bus to the Park Thistle Hotel stop and walk up the footpath along the side of the Premier Inn, then cross the dual carriageway road.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow to Terminal 5, take the 423 bus from the Park Thistle Hotel stop.
You can also use the 423 bus to travel free from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow to/from Hatton Cross tube station.

For terminal 4, you will need to transfer within the airport from the Cenrtal Terminal Area.
Print Wikipost

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2009, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I always stay at the Sheraton LHR -- not cause I like the hotel better, either. It's cause I always rent from Thrifty/Dollar in the lobby the day after I arrive until the night before I leave (I stay first night and last night at the hotel) and they have a free shuttle for their customers.

Neither hotel is inspiring, but I'd rather stay here and get the points and the stay/night credit than somewhere else near LHR.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:39 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I pretty much mix the two, depending on the price difference. I think Skyline is worth about £15 extra compared to Heathrow, if I am not spending much time in the room. If I am spending quite a bit of time in the room awake, then I might consider up to £30 difference.

My next stay will be at Heathrow because all I will do is to sleep, get up and go into London early in the morning, and Skyline was about £20 more.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:23 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I pretty much mix the two, depending on the price difference. I think Skyline is worth about £15 extra compared to Heathrow, if I am not spending much time in the room. If I am spending quite a bit of time in the room awake, then I might consider up to £30 difference.

My next stay will be at Heathrow because all I will do is to sleep, get up and go into London early in the morning, and Skyline was about £20 more.
I fully agree with this assessment. ^
Old Dec 31, 2009, 8:09 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Are the lounges open 24/7 at both hotels or only at the Heathrow? Thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I think it is 24/7 at both hotels. At least my key worked at 7am before any staff members arrived at Skyline recently. All the lights were off, but I found the switch and used the PC's.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 8:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
They are both open to club keyholders outside the breakfast/evening drinks periods, not sure if they are accessible 24/7 though.

However, both are fairly limited in terms of what is available outside the main times: you might find a newspaper, a working computer terminal, soft drinks, a television and maybe some biscuits or crisps, but not much else.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ajamieson
They are both open to club keyholders outside the breakfast/evening drinks periods, not sure if they are accessible 24/7 though.

However, both are fairly limited in terms of what is available outside the main times: you might find a newspaper, a working computer terminal, soft drinks, a television and maybe some biscuits or crisps, but not much else.
When I "broke" into the Skyline lounge, all the food and drinks seemed to be locked up. There is one huge TV and two smaller ones.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 10:03 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ajamieson

IME, Heathrow is, Skyeline is not.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by skye1
IME, Heathrow is, Skyeline is not.
Agreed. Skyline will chuck you out when they close at 10:30pm IIRC, Sheraton is open 24/7 with free drinks, snacks and PCs. The lounge breakfast has also improved there considerably over the past year or so - to the extent that I think it's as good as the Skyline breakfast (used to be terrible).
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
No free shuttles. And it is a pain to get back to the airport from both hotels.
Which buses serve T5 to the Sheraton Heathrow? Ho frequent on Sunday evenings? How do you get from the bus stop to the hotel and how many minutes walk is it?

What is the story on the return to T5?
Old Apr 24, 2010, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the return, the best option is a private car for 10 pounds. IMHO. Arrange with the concierge.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 8:31 am

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by stimpy
For the return, the best option is a private car for 10 pounds. IMHO. Arrange with the concierge.
+1
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Well, I stayed at the Sheraton Heathrow, and it isn't "bad" in any way. My biggest complaint was that they have a very limited room service menu available after 11pm; no hot items, such as burgers (although they would have made an Indian chicken and rice dish), otherwise you are basically limited to just sandwiches. I was "upgraded" to the Executive Floor, but the room was nothing special -- but adequate. Received free wifi (GBP 15 charge removed from my bill). Bed was adequately comfortabe, etc.

Getting there from Heathrow was not as easy as I thought it would be. I arrived around 11pm on CX in T3 and thought I'd take the free city bus. Well, first of all, it is a very, very long walk to the Central Bus Terminal. Once there (something like 11:35pm), the stands were deserted. Bottom line: maybe one last bus was coming in 30 minutes or so, but I decided to hail a cab and go directly. It took about 5 minutes to find a taxi that would pick me up and taxi ride was about 10 minutes. Cost: about 12 pounds. I wished I had taken the Hoppa directly from the T3 bus station and not walked all the way to the Central Station (at T1?). Alternatively, maybe I should have taken the free train to T5 and the free bus from there? But that would also probably involved a lot of walking and waiting (waiting for the train + waiting for the bus).

You see one of the biggest advantages of this hotel -- its proximity to T5 (literally 5 mins away by bus) -- is also one of it's biggest disadvantages: if you are arriving at another terminal besidesT5, it takes 35 minutes to/from the hotel by Hoppa or bus (which itself runs every 20 mins).

OK...on the way back, things were much better! I was directed by the concierge to cross the street from the hotel to the bus stand (marked by an obvious pole, maybe 50 yards down the road) and take the "350" line bus directly to T5. During the day, this bus runs every 12 minutes. It goes non-stop from this stop to T5. I waited maybe 5 mins or less for the bus to arrive and was at the terminal, free of charge, in about 10 mins or less! The hotel Hoppa would have cost GBP 4 ponds and taken about 50 minutes, including waiting time.

I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again, especially if arriving and departing from T5.

Last edited by nologic; Apr 28, 2010 at 12:37 am
Old Apr 28, 2010, 4:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
IIRC (I was there last week)

I took the 423 bus from the Sheraton Heathrow to T5 and the trip was about 10 minutes

the catch was you have to cross bath road, walk down that little sidewalk and the best way to describe it is that if you come out of the driveway exit; go right and it is across the far edge of the property. Cross Bath road, walk down the sidewalk as on the other end there will be that healthclub on the right; the sidewalk is probably 50 yards long maybe and you come to a small street (well compared to Bath road anyway its smaller) that has a bus stop. That is where you take it to T5 and its free of course

the frequency is good during the day (every 15 minutes or so) and the later it gets the less the frequency as expected. It does run after midnight (again IIRC); on the return I believe it drops you off at the same spot.

the 350 bus I thought picked you up at another spot down further, maybe closer to the London Hong Kong restaurant???? Not sure about that as I never took the 350 but did look at it on a map and it definitely looked further
Old Apr 28, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 2035
Agreed. Skyline will chuck you out when they close at 10:30pm IIRC, Sheraton is open 24/7 with free drinks, snacks and PCs. The lounge breakfast has also improved there considerably over the past year or so - to the extent that I think it's as good as the Skyline breakfast (used to be terrible).
IMHO, there is something to be said for waking up at who-knows-when in the middle of the night, somehow craving chocolate chip cookies and milk, and finding a 24/7 club lounge refrigerator just down the hall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.