Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
You can travel to/from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow from the Central Terminal Area, and Terminal 5 for free on the London red buses. Just get on the bus, there is no need to pay or present any ticket.

Free bus routes to/from the Central Terminal (T1,2,3) area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow.pdf

Free bus routes to/from the Terminal 5 area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow-t5.pdf

Travelling to the Sheraton Skyline from the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, alight at the New Road stop : the hotel is to your right.

Travelling from the Sheraton Skyline to the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, board the bus the Harlington Corner stop, which is opposite the hotel on the other side of the road.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, take the U3 bus and alight at the Skyport Drive stop. Walk to your left, then around the corner, 5 minutes to the hotel.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, walk 5 minutes to the Pinglestone Close stop and take the U3.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Terminal 5, take the 423 bus to the Park Thistle Hotel stop and walk up the footpath along the side of the Premier Inn, then cross the dual carriageway road.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow to Terminal 5, take the 423 bus from the Park Thistle Hotel stop.
You can also use the 423 bus to travel free from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow to/from Hatton Cross tube station.

For terminal 4, you will need to transfer within the airport from the Cenrtal Terminal Area.
Print Wikipost

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2015, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by LH1351
ok, thanks, interesting to know
I assumed you meant the skyline but the same holds for the Heathrow some rooms are larger.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:44 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The internal facing rooms are smaller the external facing rooms are (mostly but not exclusively) considerably larger and come with a sofabed and coffee table
One rather odd fact about the Skyline is that the 'sofabeds' have been locked so they can't be opened, so they are just now 'sofas'.

I asked them about this a while back (I wanted, as I had done in the past, to have the sofabed made up to accommodate a child) and was told that they were not used anymore due to a policy decision to limit club room occupancy to 2 persons :

Originally Posted by email from Skyline, July 2012
I would like to inform you that recently we have changed the policy for guest in the club room.

The maximum allowance is two guests per room.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Mar 8, 2015 at 2:57 pm
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
One rather odd fact about the Skyline is that the 'sofabeds' have been locked so they can't be opened, so they are just now 'sofas'.

I asked them about this a while back (I wanted, as I had done in the past, to have the sofabed made up to accommodate a child) and was told that they were not used anymore due to a policy decision to limit club room occupancy to 2 persons.
Thanks for letting us know. That's the Skyline crossed off the list.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 12:09 pm

Thank you all. When I look at the floorplan I think that there are indeed different room Club room types at the Sheraton Heathrow (NOT the Skyline).
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you all. When I look at the floorplan I think that there are indeed different room Club room types at the Sheraton Heathrow (NOT the Skyline).
There are but the variance isn't as great as at the skyline.

There is a corridor of rooms which are slightly larger and a number of suites (not part of the plat upgrade pool).
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:56 am

Ah, ok. Could you Point out, which rooms are the bigger ones?

http://onemileatatime.img.boardingar...-London-11.jpg

3420-3430?

Thank you
Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:02 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I've stayed in 3430. It's no bigger than the rest.

My curiosity is directed towards the 3408 - 3419 block. These appear to have been more recently refitted as they have rather nice oak-looking doors. In all of my time staying at this hotel I've never had one of these rooms. Anyone ?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:18 am

ok, thats interesting. Thank you
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I've stayed in 3430. It's no bigger than the rest.

My curiosity is directed towards the 3408 - 3419 block. These appear to have been more recently refitted as they have rather nice oak-looking doors. In all of my time staying at this hotel I've never had one of these rooms. Anyone ?
Those rooms are the suites.

The 34xx series at the front are a bit bigger and brighter than most other rooms at the property.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 11:15 pm

Does anyone know how I can get from terminal 2 to the Sheraton heathrow (not Skyline) by (free) public bus?
I am also willing to walk a bit, If the nearest Bus Station isn't located directly at the hotel.

Thank you for your help.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Does anyone know how I can get from terminal 2 to the Sheraton heathrow (not Skyline) by (free) public bus?
I am also willing to walk a bit, If the nearest Bus Station isn't located directly at the hotel.

Thank you for your help.
According to this recent post in the dedicated Skyline thread, you can get there on the 76 bus.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Not sure about the 76.

The nearest regular bus is the U3, which stops at Pinglestone Close, from where you'll have to cross the busy Bath Road and walk up to the hotel. It isn't the easiest place to reach by bus.

If you can, get the Citymapper app before you travel - it will help your public transport journey planning when you arrive. There is free wifi in Heathrow's bus station, I think.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:48 am

Thank you; I'll take the 76.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
It's far easier to get to the Sheraton Heathrow by free bus from T5.

But the 76 is the better choice to Sheraton Heathrow, as it stops at Colnbrook By-pass stop, right outside (if wrong side of the road from) the Sheraton.

Skyport Drive on the U3 is the better stop for the Sheraton - right side of Bath Road and a bit closer. However, NOT inside the Freeflow zone.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:20 am

I've stayed at the Sheraton Heathrow 4 times now in the last 2 months, and every time my room has been unbelievably hot and stuffy, even with the window and curtains open and the "air conditioning" on full blast.

Judging by the fans sitting around in the corridor I wasn't the only one who thought so. I guess this is a textbook case of management turning off the air conditioning on any month that isn't July.

It's a pity as in other ways the hotel is very acceptable.

Just thought I'd mention this for anyone weighing up the two. I haven't stayed at the Skyline in a while but have always had a comfortable stay there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.