Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:08 pm

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite (LTP)
I stayed here last weekend and I was positively surprised. I had mixed feelings about the property after reading many negative reviews here and on Tripadvisor. I had late flight into terminal 2 and an early flight from terminal 4. I got a BRG approved for 43.46 GBP so I went for it.

1) no need for the Hoppa bus from/to terminal 1,2,3 and 5. You can do it also for free from/to terminal 4 but then you need more time than the Hoppa bus. I took route 76 from the Heathrow central bus station. The bus is free as the hotel is within the free zone. It is only 5 stops, once you see the McDonalds, request the stop

2) friendly check-in and very helpful. Got upgraded to a club room, 3rd floor. Got offered free breakfast in addition to 500 welcome bonus points. I did not have the breakfast as I left early in the morning right when they start serving at 6 am.

3) decent size room, bathroom a bit small but for a night it is adequate. Standard Sheraton amenities are in the bathroom. I had a fruit basket (no, not just one apple on a plate) and a small bottle of red wine waiting for me. In addition a nice hand written note from the GM.

4) check out was prompt and in addition to printing the invoice they also sent it via email. Nice service. I also felt, when they asked me if I enjoyed my stay they genuinly were interested.

All in all very good experience, unbeatable price and location.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Sheraton Heathrow: How many points for a free night?

This hotel used to be 7000pts for a free night. At the last 'repointing' it became 3000 for a weekend and 4000 for a weeknight. I've noticed that for the last few weeks it is always showing as 7000 points !! for a free night (the same as the much better Skyline).

What has happened?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
It moved back to a category 3 a few weeks ago. 3000 points is 3000 too many, let alone 7000.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Thanks RAPC.

Wow, didn't realise it could get recategorised so soon. Certainly agree that it should never be in the same category as the Skyline
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by RAPC
It moved back to a category 3 a few weeks ago. 3000 points is 3000 too many, let alone 7000.
is it that awful?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by fivenue
is it that awful?
Some people think so, but it's a basic room if you need one.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Some people think so, but it's a basic room if you need one.
I do stay at the hotel when it is cheap and the Skyline is expensive. It is always an underwhelming experience these days, and becoming harder to even match expectations for a basic room. On my last couple of stays I have experienced no hot water (fault in the room, not hotel wide and no alternative room available) and then having to do a 3 room shuffle when room 1 had no curtains and room 2 hasn't actually been cleaned since the previous guests.

Standards sadly have slipped a lot and even the basics don't get done consistently. Down to poor management mainly though.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
I thought it was supposed to be going down to a Category 2 - I didn't realise it could change again??

Originally Posted by RAPC
Standards sadly have slipped a lot and even the basics don't get done consistently. Down to poor management mainly though.
Standards have indeed dropped.

- The cleaning in the rooms is not great - many times Ive had hairs in the bath tub or missing toiletries.

- The quality of the towels is very poor - they seem like they have been bleached and washed to within an inch of their life

- Don't bother with room service, the menu hasn't changed in years and the quality is truly awful.. better to walk across the road the the premier inn for dinner.

- Rooms are very hot and stuffy with no air con in the summer months

- Useless non steam irons attached to the ironing boards n the rooms... and when you request a steam iron it is hit or miss... most times they say they don't have them and its not unless you press them to say you have had them in the past that they deliver one.

In contrast the skyline is a decent enough airport hotel - just that it is sometimes at a 100GBP premium over the sheraton heathrow.

I filled out one of those after stay surveys once and rated my meal as pretty dire.. I got an email to sat on my next stay they would make it up to me... well on my next stay I had some dried prunes and a few cashew nuts waiting with a business card in my room.. (that really makes up for 30GBP room serivce disaster on a prev trip!?!?)
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ANstar
I thought it was supposed to be going down to a Category 2 - I didn't realise it could change again??

Standards have indeed dropped.

- The cleaning in the rooms is not great - many times Ive had hairs in the bath tub or missing toiletries.

- The quality of the towels is very poor - they seem like they have been bleached and washed to within an inch of their life

- Don't bother with room service, the menu hasn't changed in years and the quality is truly awful.. better to walk across the road the the premier inn for dinner.

- Rooms are very hot and stuffy with no air con in the summer months

- Useless non steam irons attached to the ironing boards n the rooms... and when you request a steam iron it is hit or miss... most times they say they don't have them and its not unless you press them to say you have had them in the past that they deliver one.

In contrast the skyline is a decent enough airport hotel - just that it is sometimes at a 100GBP premium over the sheraton heathrow.

I filled out one of those after stay surveys once and rated my meal as pretty dire.. I got an email to sat on my next stay they would make it up to me... well on my next stay I had some dried prunes and a few cashew nuts waiting with a business card in my room.. (that really makes up for 30GBP room serivce disaster on a prev trip!?!?)
I agree that rooms are pretty worn, but on the upside Sheraton Heathrow serves a pretty nice english breakfast in the recently renovated restaurant (unlike other airport Sheratons - looking at you Sheraton IAD !).
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by chachatipu
This hotel used to be 7000pts for a free night. At the last 'repointing' it became 3000 for a weekend and 4000 for a weeknight. I've noticed that for the last few weeks it is always showing as 7000 points !! for a free night (the same as the much better Skyline).

What has happened?
I've moved this discussion over to the hotel Master thread.

FWIW, the situation where it was listed as dropping to Cat 2 in the annual category changes then, without notification, springing straight back to Cat 3 is noted in the Annual Category Changes thread.
Old May 4, 2015, 3:09 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Having vowed not to stay here again, I couldn't resist a rate of GBP44 when I needed a weekend night at Heathrow.

Perhaps it was because I went in with low expectations, it really wasn't too bad. Check-in was unfriendly but quick. I was given a "You've been upgraded" folder but in reality, I was not upgraded and given a room on the second floor with a view of a wall. Room was clean but needs refurbishment (we obviously all know that) - there was an old CRT TV and the wardrobe door didn't slide properly. Even when they are eventually refurbished, they are going to be quite small (in comparison to the Skyline, M4J4 Holiday Inn or Crowne Plaza).

I missed evening drinks in the lounge, and weekend breakfast is served in the restaurant. Reception had not put my name on the list, but it was resolved quickly by a really helpful & pleasant restaurant member of staff (she even offered to try and change my room for me when she discovered I was on the second floor). Breakfast was really good.

I might just try it again if I'm short of nights and the rate is good.
Old May 4, 2015, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
One thing to note as the weather is warming up, there is no working AC in the rooms in this property. That is a good reason in itself to pick the skyline.
Old May 6, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
I heard a rumour from a Starwood insider that this hotel may be leaving Starwood. I hope it does, and takes its GM with it. IMO, both are only fit for the knacker's yard.
Old May 7, 2015, 2:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by d'Yquem
I heard a rumour from a Starwood insider that this hotel may be leaving Starwood. I hope it does, and takes its GM with it. IMO, both are only fit for the knacker's yard.
I beg to differ. In as high priced a city as London I appreciate a low(er) cost SPG option.
Old May 7, 2015, 7:46 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by raunow
I beg to differ. In as high priced a city as London I appreciate a low(er) cost SPG option.
Same here, people are particularly harsh on this property. On weekends you pay 35-50 GBP and get a lounge, breakfast downstairs and quite suitable rooms.

It is not the Four Seasons but has a low price tag (which has no risen over the years).

I think if the property is being modernised, then maybe Westin or Le Meridien brand would be quite suitable and give it an edge over the Sheraton skyline.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.