Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2011, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Not for much longer, look for the rates to jump if they're putting in $25M
Agreed and it is too bad. I really liked this property as it was. I know it wasn't the Ritz but my kids loved it. We are scheduled for the last week in January and my guess is that will be our last visit.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by craz
Not for much longer, look for the rates to jump if they're putting in $25M
True.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
pool

I read the construction note. Never been before. So will main pool be closed in Dec? It's says something like exercise pool open?

Also, how do you get to the Magic Kingdom? Drive? Is it far? Is breakfast free for all plats?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 7:52 am

dont know about renovation plans but Disney is 10 minutes away. To save $15 Disney parking fee go to Downtown Disney park there and take the free Disney shuttle bus to the parks. This place is in real need of a complete renovation. If prices go too high there is always the 4 pts at Universal for a cheap night and no parking fee or resort charge
Old Sep 10, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JBauer
Also, how do you get to the Magic Kingdom? Drive? Is it far? Is breakfast free for all plats?
Yes, they will give you a coupon, and kids eat free along with half price for everyone else. So the four of us usually spend about 10 bucks including tip.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:29 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
I stayed here earlier this week and they are under intense remodel. As noted, Buildings 2 and 4 (Suites) are closed for remodel. The pool is still open, but most of the old patio area closest to Building 1 is dirt. I was placed in an SPG room overlooking pool area in Bldg. 1. After about 8a you might expect some construction noise although, with window closed and AC running, it didn't bother me. I was more irritated by the inconsiderate noises made by Housekeeping staff

As a Plat, I was offered the free breakfast. Dining is available in the Safari Ballroom btw. Bldgs 2&3. It was dead. I was the only one in the room during my entire breakfast. The buffet was not available, but I could order anything off the menu.

The new property is to be called Sheraton Resort Lake Buena Vista. Attached are some pictures of how the final product is supposed to look.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s..._fb_noscript=1

As others have noted, I would expect for rates to increase (incl. the probability of a daily resort fee). I explored rates for next March and they still seemed reasonable at $99, but they may change as they get closer to completion of the remodel.

BTW, the new management company is Aimbridge Hospitality (not sure if they are also the new owners). I'm not familiar with them, but below is a link to their website and properties they currently manage. I often find that the management company is a better indicator of what to expect at a property than the brand of the hotel.

http://www.aimbridgehospitality.com/
Old Nov 13, 2011, 5:04 am

Programs: LH FTL, UA 1K MM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Construction Works

I am currently staying here and I am not satisfied at all:
- two blocks are closed, so no upgrades
- bedding preference not honoured (only Twin rooms available, no King)
- almost all central area closed and permanent noise and dust make use of the pool not a relaxing experience
- not one real F&B outlet open - just some chairs & tables in the dust.
- breakfast cramped in the giftshop and of terribly low quality
- the management and SPG staff were unable to move me to a more quiet room or offer any other solution such as switching hotels.

This is not a resort, it is torture paired with ignorance of the management.

I suggest not to book this hotel until we see positive reports here again.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by tmeyer
- almost all central area closed and permanent noise and dust make use of the pool not a relaxing experience
- the management and SPG staff were unable to move me to a more quiet room or offer any other solution such as switching hotels.

I'm not sure how long you are staying, but I see availability for a King for a one night stay for tonight. This is a cat 2 hotel with rates around $79. Looking at trip reports on here and tripadvisor are good tools for giving you an idea of where to set your expectations. The hotels website clearly states that there are on going renovations till February.

I don't think the hotel should have to move you to another hotel due to a room, but they should try to accommodate you the best that their resources allow. You could try and ask for compensation or file a complaint to corporate if you feel they aren't up to standards.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 1:31 pm

stayed there last week for $49.
The entire hotel is being gutted and it is about time.
I am in late out early so I dont care and at $49 and free breakfast and parking.
The new hotel will be up to modern SPG standards and should be reasonably priced but not super cheap.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by tmeyer

This stay would likely represent the best one that I have ever had at this hotel.

Mike
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:15 pm

i have used this hotel several times in the last few years due to convenience.
I hate the 4 Points Universal so only other options are Swan and Dolphin.
If I am arriving at 8 or 9 and leaving at 7 ,I just want peace and quiet. I have always been satisfied. The rates are extremely cheap as well and free breakfast and parking. If i am there for a few days it would be S & or D, Ritz or Waldorf.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by mtensioners
i have used this hotel several times in the last few years due to convenience.
I hate the 4 Points Universal so only other options are Swan and Dolphin.
If I am arriving at 8 or 9 and leaving at 7 ,I just want peace and quiet. I have always been satisfied. The rates are extremely cheap as well and free breakfast and parking. If i am there for a few days it would be S & or D, Ritz or Waldorf.
I use this property every year for a family vacation in late January and have always loved it. The location is optimal for us. I can see from the above posts that the place is a wreck right now which is understandable given the amount of work being done on the property.

Does anyone have information on how far down the road they will be on the remake by the last week of January? I really want to book this place again if at all possible. Also, someone mentioned that they did not like the Sheraton 4 point Studio City prop. Could I get more info on why?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 3:25 am

4 Points Universal Studio is actually okay. The rooms are typical 4 pts standard. Free breakfast for one for plat. Its right across the freeway from Universal Studios and there are lots dining options (cheap options) nearby the hotel.

But again, its very 4 pts feel..nothing like Swan
Old Nov 21, 2011, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by anchor79
4 Points Universal Studio is actually okay. The rooms are typical 4 pts standard. Free breakfast for one for plat. Its right across the freeway from Universal Studios and there are lots dining options (cheap options) nearby the hotel.

But again, its very 4 pts feel..nothing like Swan
very true. only inconvenience is access to I4 west bound. If you dont expect much you wont be disappointed. Still for the low price it is okay.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:32 pm

Thumbs down Pretty Much a Starwood Disaster

Stayed here on January 1 while waiting for my Disney room to be ready. First thing to notice is it is repainted from the outside in and all the rooms that are open have new paint, new bedding and new floors. Also, it now costs $10 per night to self park ($15 for valet) which is obviously part of their attempt to recoup the as yet uncompleted renovations. Only one elevator working and check-in was disaster with the staff refusing to recognize my recent plat status and telling me that I should check my status myself as it was gold on the reservation some months back. After asking for a manager I couldn't get a room change but was offered breakfast (which I didn't use), free parking and free internet. Got a standard double bedded room facing the garbage dumpsters so I didn't need a wake up call when the garbage trucks came to pick up at 4 or 5AM. No water, and no welcome amenity (although I did see 500 points added just recently to my account).
With all the money being spent on renovations, you would think they would have done something with the ventilation system which is still an A/C window unit which provides both heat and cool air and cycles on only on auto.
When checking out I got a bill for a roll-a-way bed (which I saw down the hallway from our room when we were checking out). The only one to ask about our stay was the valet guy as we were loading the car the next morning and as I recounted the garbage trucks and staff attitude, he was the only one who apologized. With this kind of change in management, I'm done with this place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.