Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by sjpvac
Stayed here on January 1 while waiting for my Disney room to be ready. First thing to notice is it is repainted from the outside in and all the rooms that are open have new paint, new bedding and new floors. Also, it now costs $10 per night to self park ($15 for valet) which is obviously part of their attempt to recoup the as yet uncompleted renovations.
Good to see that they have finally updated the rooms! The self parking charge has been around for a while, but they have been giving it away for free to many guests even before the renovations.

If you book your room before status change it will reflect your old status. It should have only taken the front desk agent 30 seconds to refresh your status on your reservation. It seems this property can be hit or miss depending on the room you receive, but it is a Cat 2 hotel and is usually a cheap option to visit Disney.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt DMD
It really isn't much of a property, but the price is usually right (both in $ and points) and the location good enough to merit some repeat business.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hertz PC, Starwood Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Gold
Thumbs up Great Stay

I stayed here 2/11/11 for a quick weekend trip to Disney with the family. I never saw the hotel before the renovation, but the hotel was quite good for the 3000 points I paid for the room. I was significantly more satisfied than my 10k points a night stay at the Disney swan where my wife's CC's were all removed from her purse in the room and cloned.

The pool area is very nice, and the kid loved it even though it was quite cold. We were upgraded to a nice Suite with two bunk beads and two queen beds. The bathroom was a bit small, but more than OK.

Platinum guests are given free breakfast, half off a second adult, and free for kids under 11. The breakfast buffet was a great and cheap way to start the day, especially compared to the overpriced food at the Swan.

The drive to Disney is quick, and with free parking from Season Passes, I have to say I prefer driving to taking a bus from a Disney hotel. The buses were always jam packed and there was only standing room at the end of the day.

At checkin I asked if the hotel would likely raise their points rate soon, and was told they had to "prove themselves" for a year before Starwood would let them raise the category level of the hotel.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: spg gold, CO Platinum, MR Gold
Originally Posted by wolfson292
At checkin I asked if the hotel would likely raise their points rate soon, and was told they had to "prove themselves" for a year before Starwood would let them raise the category level of the hotel.
has nothing to do with proving themselves. I read in a thread somewhere that it's based on the yearly average daily rate. Starwood adjusts based on that.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 3:34 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Exclamation

i'm staying at this property this coming Monday.... noticed this in my feb booking rate

Hotel Charges
Resort Fee 9.95 Usd Per Room Per Night Not In The Rate

BUT on the website it says:

NEW RESORT CHARGE MARCH 1, 2012
As of March 1, 2012, all stays will be subject to a Resort Charge of $9.95
. The resort charge includes unlimited access to the resort's health club facilities, in-room high speed internet access, 2 bottles of water daily, and a daily news paper. Please contact the hotel for further information.

PARKING FEE INFORMATION
The parking fee is $10 for self-parking and $15 for valet parking, per night. Please contact the hotel for further information.

RENOVATION INFORMATION
The hotel is currently undergoing a $25 million renovation. Please note the following information:

Amenities currently open and available:

All available guest rooms are newly renovated.
The Link@Sheraton experienced with Microsoft® is available.
Our signature restaurant, Zest, is now open featuring a menu of citrus-infused dishes and signature cocktails that reflect the fresh Florida atmosphere.
Our new outdoor zero entry pool “the Beach,” the Fire Pit, and our new “27 Palms Grill” is now open.
Dry cleaning valet services available today and service will continue uninterrupted.
All room service menu options will remain available during the renovation.
For any needed guest items there is a 24 hour Walgreens across the street.
Complimentary transportation to Disney Parks will remain available during renovation.
Please advise Front Desk if you are traveling with your dog so they can assign a Dog Friendly room and confirm Dog Walk areas (dogs up to 80lbs are allowed).
Sheraton Fitness programmed by Core Performance.
Game Room.
Spring Board Marketplace featuring a quick service market and café which will provide a relaxed setting with selection of Starbucks coffee, drinks, fresh paninis and hand scooped ice cream for guests on the go.
Amenities currently not available:

The coin operated laundry is closed and there will no longer be a coin operated laundry on premise.
From now through June 30, 2012, the parking lot located in the back of the hotel will be unavailable.
Guest rooms:

All guest rooms available are newly renovated.
From now through early to mid-February 2012, Executive Suites will be unavailable.
Please contact the hotel for further information.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:31 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
During Check-in, I noticed that the hotel is no longer called Sheraton Safari Hotel anymore..... the front sign of the hotel does not have the word Safari in it. It is officially called the "Sheraton Lake Buena Vista" now.

-Suite upgrade - check.. I was in a safari room in building 4 ... no longer safari themed tho It had a one king bed and two twin beds (bunk).

-Breakfast Buffet vouchers for Platinums given (starts 6am-11am)- eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, french toast, pancakes, assorted cold deli meats/cheeses and pastries

-Free internet for Plats

-$10 on site parking with unlimited in&outs using hotel room key (place parking pass given at front desk in front of the windshield)

Overall, it was a great stay.....the grounds-crew is constantly working from early morning to night on renovating the remainder of the rooms. Apparently half the rooms are renovated so far according to hotel staff.

The fitness center, pool, and game room was all open during my stay. Early morning, there might be noise (7am) around the property because of renovation.

Starting March 1st, a $9.95 resort fee will be assessed.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:41 pm

Have they upgraded the workout room or is it still dumpy and old?

Originally Posted by jammanxc
During Check-in, I noticed that the hotel is no longer called Sheraton Safari Hotel anymore..... the front sign of the hotel does not have the word Safari in it. It is officially called the "Sheraton Lake Buena Vista" now.

-Suite upgrade - check.. I was in a safari room in building 4 ... no longer safari themed tho It had a one king bed and two twin beds (bunk).

-Breakfast Buffet vouchers for Platinums given (starts 6am-11am)- eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, french toast, pancakes, assorted cold deli meats/cheeses and pastries

-Free internet for Plats

-$10 on site parking with unlimited in&outs using hotel room key (place parking pass given at front desk in front of the windshield)

Overall, it was a great stay.....the grounds-crew is constantly working from early morning to night on renovating the remainder of the rooms. Apparently half the rooms are renovated so far according to hotel staff.

The fitness center, pool, and game room was all open during my stay. Early morning, there might be noise (7am) around the property because of renovation.

Starting March 1st, a $9.95 resort fee will be assessed.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: US Airways CP; SPG P; HHonors S; Delta GM
I stayed there last night. The exercise room actually looked very nice and seemed to have new equipment. Was upgraded to a 1-br suite. Breakfast was nice. They did not charge the resort fee (said it was effective 3/1) although it was in my reservation details. The bedding was all relatively new, clean and comfortable. The only downside was finding the previous occupants underwear hanging from the shower curtain.

Other than that, everything was good.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by mtensioners
Have they upgraded the workout room or is it still dumpy and old?
new Workout room, went inside and smelled like fresh paint as well...

most of the lobby area has a fresh coat of paint
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:49 pm

new Workout room, went inside and smelled like fresh paint as well...

most of the lobby area has a fresh coat of paint
thanks I might be there wednesday. I park at Pizza hut for free he he.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:38 pm

thanks I might be there wednesday. I park at Pizza hut for free he he.
you're not scared of getting your car towed?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:41 pm

you're not scared of getting your car towed?
parked on the other side of the hotel in the mall.
new improvements are nice. Cant complain except the parking fee is a big of a gouge.
free bfast for 2 and no resort charge still make this a plus still.
was there sunday and will be there again tomorrow night. 120 ai is still not bad.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:41 pm

management confirmed March 1st Resort fee kicks in for all but Plat SPG.
Once all renovations are finished it will be a nice change.
free breakfast is a bit sketchy depending on what they put out.
I eat oatmeal every day and now have to ask for it.
Front desk is really accommodating to Plat requests except parking charges.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
Thank you for the update. I was wondering if they'd waive the resort fee for Plats as the Swolphin does.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 10:54 pm

the free breakfast is pretty plentiful.. i love how the breakfast voucher says "taxes and gratuity are included"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.