Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AC*E, PC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Gold
Executive Suite

Has anybody recently stayed in the new Executive Suites? I have a 5 night stay beginning next week.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by SPG Junkie
Has anybody recently stayed in the new Executive Suites? I have a 5 night stay beginning next week.
If it is the suites in Building 4, Yes.
They have 2 full beds or 1 King.
Bath is the same but new fixtures. Sink is on opposite wall to the tub and toilette in a very small room of their own.
Table and 3 chairs for dining and a pull out couch in entry room.
Bedroom with balcony that overlooks the pools.
All new furniture and flat screens in both rooms.
Parking is now $10- or 15 and room key gives access to the electric gates.
Pool area is all new and very nice.
Restaurants are still in flux.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Does this property only have exterior corridor rooms?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, United 1K, Hertz PC
No, the rooms in buildings other than building 4 have entrances from interior hallways. The suites in building 4 have exterior entrances since they go all the way through the building.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Thanks. I was asking because all the pictures of renovated rooms on the website look like they have exterior hallways with motel style windows next to the entry door. I personally don't like those rooms at all and I avoid them like the plague.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:42 pm

Prices are still low. They waive the Hotel resort fee and parking for Plats. Also free full breakfast.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by mtensioners
Prices are still low. They waive the Hotel resort fee and parking for Plats. Also free full breakfast.
This place has always taken care of Plats.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:53 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
This place has always taken care of Plats.
Getting a standard room facing the garbage dumpsters, unauthorized charges on my bill and the front desk staff arguing with me about my plat status doesn't sound like being taken care of.....
Old Mar 28, 2012, 7:40 pm

some days nothing goes right.
I have had 5 stays in 3 weeks always recognized as a plat and in a suite.
Free breakfasts are the best not just continental and still 500 bonus points.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: SPG Platinium, Hilton Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by sjpvac
Getting a standard room facing the garbage dumpsters, unauthorized charges on my bill and the front desk staff arguing with me about my plat status doesn't sound like being taken care of.....
I am planning to stay there in July for 5 nights with my wife and two kids. Is the construction very noisy? Is the property in better shape now or should I select another hotel near Disney like Swan or Dolphin?

Tkanks for the info.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Plat/LT Gold, MR Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mtensioners
If it is the suites in Building 4, Yes.
They have 2 full beds or 1 King.
Bath is the same but new fixtures. Sink is on opposite wall to the tub and toilette in a very small room of their own.
Table and 3 chairs for dining and a pull out couch in entry room.
Bedroom with balcony that overlooks the pools.
All new furniture and flat screens in both rooms.
Parking is now $10- or 15 and room key gives access to the electric gates.
Pool area is all new and very nice.
Restaurants are still in flux.
I believe the Executive Suites are in the main building. They are large rooms, but don't have balconies. I always request to be switched to a standard suite in Building 4 if they put me in an Executive Suite. I rather have the balcony than the larger room. My stays have always been for business, fwiw. If I had my family with me I may have opted to keep the larger room.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by artccc
I am planning to stay there in July for 5 nights with my wife and two kids. Is the construction very noisy? Is the property in better shape now or should I select another hotel near Disney like Swan or Dolphin?

Tkanks for the info.
The construction is ongoing and while I didn't hear any noise as I arrived on New Year's Day, make sure they don't stick you near the garbargs dumpsters where you'll get an unwanted 5AM wake up when the garbage trucks come for a pick-up.
The place looks better with a coat of new paint and the rooms are refurbished but they still have the annoying heating/cooling system built into a window A/C unit so if you are a light sleeper, you can expect to wake up when it cycles on during the night. Can't believe they spent all that money and left that antiquated heating/cooling system in place.

I've stayed in the Dolphin and while it's more expensive, if you're going to get nickel and dimed by parking and other fees (unless you're plat), you may as well stay at the Dolphin where you have a better choice of restaurants and attractions within walking distance.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by artccc

Tkanks for the info.
If your main purpose is to visit Disney, you should stay at the Dolphin regardless IMO. You can walk (or take a boat) to two of the theme parks and get most of the amenities of a Disney resort too, like buses to the other theme parks and Extra Magic Hours.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 12:31 am

Programs: SPG Platinium, Hilton Gold, AA Gold
Tkanks for the info. Yes my main purpose for this trip is to visit Disney. It is my kids main purpose in this case)). (5 and 10 years old).
I will look at Dolphin or Swan. They are not available for my travel dates on SPG web page in the mid of July that's why consider Sheraton Lake Buena Vista. I am a platinium, so I will work with a platinium concierge to see if something shows up.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:09 am

We just finished a trip to Florida (wife, 2 boys and me) and our last night was here. We had an ungodly early flight the next morning, so I was reeled in by the 4000 / night for an award and wasn't expecting much. I have to say, though, I was pretty impressed at the value. We were upgraded to a Suite as described in earlier posts. The exterior from the parking lot was a bit rough, but the room itself was very nicely appointed and had a great balcony. The room and beds were very comfortable. Also give a coupon for a free full breakfast and 50% off the rest of the bill. We couldn't use this as we were leaving well before breakfast started. We were also charged $10 for parking but the resort fee was waived. The pool area was very nice and the kids liked the pools and game room. I sat at the pool bar and consumed some frosty beverages while the kids were in the pool. The bartender was friendly and attentive, although it was not crowed at 8:00 PM at night. The one area that truly needed improvement was the food. The menu was pretty much bar food. We got hamburgers which were basically beef hockey pucks. Maybe the more complicated fare was better.

I would definitely stay again given the value, location and amenities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.