Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2009, 8:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Totoro
In the future, please add to the property's master thread. Cheap Elite will be by later to educate you

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426006

I confirm the previous poster's experience. The property's SOP is to provide comp breakfast for Plat with 50% off for additional guests. With available space, they also UG Plat to suite. What this property lacks in facilities, they make up for in service.
Old May 24, 2009, 6:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ehud
Just back from a 12 night stay @ the Safari. I've been upgraded to a suite for the whole stay (The Safari suite). Breakfast is free for the PLAT member, half price for a 2nd adult & free for under 12. Nice property.
Thats nice to know.
Any idea as to if both my rooms will be upgraded?
I have 2 rooms booked and hence the question.
Nice to know abt their service.

Any idea as to how much it costs for a breakfast at this hotel.
Over the years i have paid anything from 8$ to 20$ for breakfast and hence the question.
Old May 24, 2009, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by spsawant
Thats nice to know.
Any idea as to if both my rooms will be upgraded?
I have 2 rooms booked and hence the question.
Nice to know abt their service.

Any idea as to how much it costs for a breakfast at this hotel.
Over the years i have paid anything from 8$ to 20$ for breakfast and hence the question.
You might want to contact the PC, to help answer your food related questions. Two rooms upgraded? Unlikely. As the Lurkers and the T&Cs state, upgrades are for the member and you can only stay in one room. YEMV.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 5:50 pm

Has anyone stayed here recently? We are booked for February of next year, and it seems some people really disliked this hotel, and I'm wondering if things have improved.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
Average

Lulu- Its been about six months since I stayed there, so can't speak to what has changed in that time frame. I would call it your average 3 star hotel. I think it has potential but I think because of its proximity to Disney it has high usage. For example, my room was clean, but after just a few hours of walking on the carpet in my white socks they were literally black. I'm not sure how often carpets are cleaned normally, but I think the high lodging rate doesn't give them a day or two of downtime to take care of such necessities.

If you're just looking for a place to crash its okay and one more stay closer to locking in your level. If you're loosing to spend some time at the hotel I'd drop an extra $150 and go to the Swan or Dolfin.............
Old Dec 14, 2009, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Plat
Lulu,
I've been staying at the Safari about every 3 weeks for the past year. Staff is very good, pool is great, and the hotel is clean. Overall though, the paint and carpets throughout are very tired. This hotel is in a huge need of a remodel/update. But, with the very affordable rates and proximity to Disney, I continue to stay at the property. Miller's Ale House across the street helps out with decision too
Old Dec 15, 2009, 9:40 am

Programs: Starwood and NWA Plat
I stay here every year for a weekend before heading to beach. I always book at least 3 rooms because my entire family goes and I book this part. It's an above average (slightly above), but have always had good luck! It's great for families, the kids love the pool and slide. They have a decent arcade and give free breakfasts to plats. Its also very close to the action in Disney. Grandma and Grandpa usually watch the kids one night while the adults go to Fantasy Island (or whatever it's called at Disney that is full of bars, etc) They actually look forward to this as much or more than the beach! The price paid for the family amenities can't be beat.

The only negative I've found is the "concierge desk" seems to be run by a timeshare company, because every conversation revolves around free tickets, etc to go to a timeshare meeting, even if just looking for dining suggestions.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
As long as your expectations are in line with the price point, I don't think you'll be disappointed. We stayed there with our young boys and it was great for them...close to disney, nice enough pool and we were upgraded to an embassy suites like "suite".
Old Dec 16, 2009, 6:40 pm

Thanks for the feedback. . . really appreciate it. We will adjust our expectations accordingly and keep our fingers crossed!
Old Dec 16, 2009, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Lulu
Thanks for the feedback. . . really appreciate it. We will adjust our expectations accordingly and keep our fingers crossed!
Let us know what you think...I think with the right expectations, you'll enjoy your stay.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gnp001
The only negative I've found is the "concierge desk" seems to be run by a timeshare company, because every conversation revolves around free tickets, etc to go to a timeshare meeting, even if just looking for dining suggestions.
I think that is all hotels near Disney.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 9:18 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Originally Posted by Lulu
Has anyone stayed here recently? We are booked for February of next year, and it seems some people really disliked this hotel, and I'm wondering if things have improved.
Just completed a one-night stay here to attend a conference at one of the Disney hotels. (Sheraton's AAA rate was half the conf. rate at Disney). I agree with post 81 (andy3fan's) comments. Was upgraded to a suite in a side Bldg., with a pool view. Was spacious and clean, but overall quite dated. As noted, no club lounge, no Sheraton Connection wifi area (though free wifi after 5 in the Bar!). Free bkfst buffet for Plats was quite good. In addition to the usual bacon and eggs, there's french toast, waffles, and pancakes. Free self-parking offered.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 6:45 pm

We just returned from our 7 nights stay at the Safari and we were very pleased with our stay.

We had redeemed two rooms and both rooms were upgraded to the Safari suite, which we thought was quite generous, and they even put us next to each other so that was very convenient. We got 2 double beds in the bedroom and a pull-out sofa in the living room. The kitchenette, had a microwave and a fridge, plus dishes, some cutlery and dish washing soap. It actually reminds me of a time share property.

Was given breakfast coupons for the stay which gives the platinum free breakfast, and 50% off for family members (coupons can be combined if you don't want to do buffet everyday). FYI, regular breakfast was $11.95 plus tax and tips and for every paid adult, a 10 year old or younger kid eat for free. We thought this was a good deal if you're here with kids. The breakfast selection included eggs, sausages, crispy bacon, bisquits and gravy, corned beef hash, potatoes, pancakes, french toast, make your own waffles, cereals, some fruits, yogurts, and some pastry. While the selection wouldn't be called spectacular compared to some other breakfast buffets, we thought it was quite well done for what we paid.

They also had a coin-laundry area, which was great as I was able to do a quick load of laundry mid-stay without having to over-pack my belongings! They also sold the laundry detergent and fabric softener on site.

We wanted to try the pool while we were there, but the weather was not cooperating, so we gave it a miss. As others had mentioned, they do offer free internet between 5 pm and 10 pm, but I can't comment on it, as we were too exhausted from our day at the parks to worry about internet. Also FYI in-room internet is around $10. (Was informed that the internet was provided by outside vendors, so I don't know how future platinum members would be treated with the new free internet benefit.)

The location was quite good as we can be at the parks within 15 minutes by car, and they do offer free shuttle services to the WDW parks (schedule is posted in their website). We were also able to have meals at a lot of nearby properties, they had among others, Pizza Hut, Sizzler, Shoneys, Macaroni Grill, Steak and Shake, Chillis, Olive Garden etc. There is a Walgreens down the street and few blocks down the road you can find Goody's supermarket, open 24 hours, McDonalds, BK, Red Lobster, Perkins, Taco Bell, etc. Basically you won't starve if you stay around this area.

Thanks for all FTers who responded to my questions in December, this helped managed our expectations in this hotel. Overall, I would say for a Category 2 hotel, this was a good value for the location and convenience. For a family on vacation, this hotel was the right choice for us.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:58 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Thanks for the review! For what it's worth, all hotel internet is provided by a third-party vendor.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: STARWOOD PLAT, LT GOLD,WN A-LIST PREFERRED, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
TV'S

Does anyone know if they have upgraded their TV's to the Flat screen variety. Just want to know since i am thinkig of staying there for a convention since the Rate is on the low end and the reviews are more than adequate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.