Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2004, 7:32 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

$59 -- Orlando Sheraton "Safari" Hotel at Half-Price

$59 -- Orlando Sheraton "Safari" Hotel at Half-Price

http://www.travelzoo.com/Top20.asp?id=102159063
Old Aug 21, 2004, 1:05 pm

I stayed at this property just over a year ago on a travelzoo rate of 49$. It's an older property, has exterior entrances, and was overrun with noisy families.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$49 to $69 is not an uncommon standard rate at this property, unless their loads are heavy and they are just about sold-out or think they will be.

The SPG.com sale that ended yesterday also had this property at $59.

But sometimes when one booking venue doesn't have any lower rates listed, it's good to know of another that you might check.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Sheraton Safari Orlando [Master Thread]

Call 800-432-3297 code "HAPPY"

rates Reg room $69, Suites $99

T&C Must book by 5/2 for stays bet 5/1-5/26 Blackout 5/13 & 5/14

hopes it helps someone
Old Apr 26, 2005, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sheraton Safari Orlando May 2005 Special - From $69

I'm on the hotel's direct email list and just got the following offer, if anyone is interested:

Come and be part of Disney's "Happiest Celebration on Earth"

Be among the first to experience the exciting new magic and incredible surprises!

Book your reservation between now and May 2nd for arrival between May 1st and May 26th

Standard Rooms - $69.00 Safari Suites - $99.00

Complimentary scheduled Disney shuttle
79 foot Python waterslide
Sheraton "Sweet Sleeper" bedding
All Safari Suites just upgraded

For new transient reservations only. Not valid for group bookings

Call today for reservations at 800-432-3297 and ask for Code "HAPPY"

Come and be part of this "Happiest Celebration"!

Blackout dates May 13th and May 14th
Based on availability

Sheraton Safari Hotel
12205 Apopka Vineland Road
Orlando, Florida 32836
www.sheratonsafari.com
Old Apr 26, 2005, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Better book it through Orbitz. It may turn out to be another "mistake".
Old Apr 27, 2005, 12:13 am
Suspended

"Better book it through Orbitz. It may turn out to be another "mistake"."

And maybe they will offer you the rack rate to make up for their "error".

hee hee
Old Apr 27, 2005, 12:18 am

Programs: Formerly: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, FT Addicts Anonymous; Currently: Grounded
I think a mistake would be a lot less likely on a direct-mail invitation (for subscribers).

Old Apr 27, 2005, 5:54 am
jjj

I have received low rates like this at this hotel. Before Memeorial day kids are still in school so the bookings may be down. I would much prefer the Dolphin/Swan but if you are strapped for points and have to pay, this isnt a bad option. Also if you stay here there are many dining options that you dont have inside the park.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 6:39 am

FWIW, I think it is only a 2-3k/night hotel if staying on points. Nothing special, but not awful, either.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 4:33 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Just stayed at this property Monday night for $79 (AAA rate). Earlier comment about being nothing special is valid.

As Platinum I was upgraded to the suites building having a pool view. One downside for some will be that many of the rooms (all of the suites, I believe) are outside entrance. There is no Club Lounge, but they offer a free continental breakfast in the restauarant (note, that's above and beyond SPG rules, so kudos!). $2 upgrades you to the full breakfast buffet. Withoutthe perk, full breakfast buffet is $8.95, so a reasonable value. Children (not sure what age limit) eat free at breakfast. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance -- all national and local chains.

And the deocr is faux safari/African. A bit kitcshy, but probably not as bad as it sounds.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One downside for some will be that many of the rooms (all of the suites, I believe) are outside entrance.
Nope. The regular Suites at this hotel are in the main building and have inside corridor entrances. Here's what a regular Suite looks like there:

The Sheraton Safari, Lake Buena Vista (Disney World), Florida - Full Suite
http://members.aol.com/premexfiles/shersafarisuite.jpg

Sounds like (from the outside entrance reference) you were in the wing that has the Jr. Suites (or what are now called Safari Suites) with the more Embassy Suites type set-up:

The Sheraton Safari, Lake Buena Vista (Disney World), Florida - Junior Suite
http://members.aol.com/premexfiles/safaricombo.jpg
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by PremEx
The regular Suites at this hotel are in the main building and have inside corridor entrances. [/url]
This property was originally built as a Days Inn which is indicative of exterior entrances for some of the rooms/buildings.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:31 am

Edited--double post
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:10 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Originally Posted by PremEx
Nope. The regular Suites at this hotel are in the main building and have inside corridor entrances. Here's what a regular Suite looks like there:

Sounds like (from the outside entrance reference) you were in the wing that has the Jr. Suites (or what are now called Safari Suites) with the more Embassy Suites type set-up:
I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification. I was definitely in a Safari Suite.

What still confuses me is that the rate avails. show only Traditional, Deluxe and Suite. The pictures attached show completely different accomodations. How would one know what they were booking? Can't believe they offer these two rooms at the same rate. Am I missing something here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.