Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2010, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by pakalolo
We just spent four nights there in one of their big suites in building one. I like the property a lot. Yeah, it's a little dated (they're scheduled for a remodel very soon) and it's got a Touristy-FL feel, but whatever. It's definitely not a luxury hotel, but what do you expect for $70 a night?
Exactly, and when they treat customers so well, you tend to overlook these minor details. This place really is a gem in the spg portfolio.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *Wood gold
Totally agree! I'm gold and sometimes they upgrade me to the suites in building #3. Such a great place for my kids and they love the "snake slide"! Sometimes, they prefer to go to the pool instead of Disney! That's saying something.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
just finished up my stay here and figured i would provide an updated review.

- got upgraded to safari suite as platinum
- friend got upgraded to safari suite as gold
- free breakfast offered to me and 50% off for any additional guests (full breakfast buffet is $11.9x).
- parking $6
- 1 free bottle of water in room. NOT replenished.
- property is pretty old so set your expectations accordingly.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:39 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by araknis
parking $6
Charging for parking is a new "feature". Ugh. Any sign of the start of the remodeling?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
I was pretty shocked when I saw the parking fee as well. No sign of the remodel. Front desk agent did mention it was going to start soon though.

Originally Posted by andy3fan
Charging for parking is a new "feature". Ugh. Any sign of the start of the remodeling?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:32 pm

Stayed there the night of 1/8. Plat got upgraded and the free breakfast. No parking was charged.....

Room was fine and for the price I would stay there again.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:55 pm

Hotel was sold and the new buyer is planning to fully renovate it.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: Marriott- Platinum, IHG - Platinum, Hyatt - Globalist, CC - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, BW - Platinum S
Stayed there for this weekend using points, was upgraded to the safari suites on the D block I guess(4410)^

The hotel is pretty old and needs renovation.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:36 pm

My family and I have stayed there for 5 straight years and just left yesterday. Yes, it is not the Ritz but the service is friendly and I always receive an upgrade. While I usually stay at Wood properties for business, this is the one trip I take with the family. The location is outstanding, basically a quarter mile from Disney World and 7 miles from Universal. There are restaurants all over the place including a decent Olive Garden across the street.

I would recommend this property as an alternative to families who don't want to spend a fortune on lodging in Disney World.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Considering the price... this is a very good value. I just completed a 3 night stay at this property. As Plt got upgraded in a suite in building 4, free breakfast offered and they waived the parking fees. The staff is also very good. The whole hotel looks dated but the room was clean and that was ok leaving the hotel early morning and returning late at night.

Latest update,,,The hotel will be completely renovated in 2011-2012 at a cost of 25 million dollar. Every single room will be renovated plus lobby, swimming pool etc....The hotel will stay open during renovation and they will close 1 buiding at a time. The first to be done will be number 4 and they will start in August 2011. The whole project will be completed by the end of summer 2012.

The African theme will be replaced by something more in line with actual Sheraton look.

For the moment it is hard to know what type of impact the renovation will have on the guests staying there...

So good news for this hotel, ^it was much needed
Old Jun 18, 2011, 9:04 pm

The suite from what I can tell is only a $10 upgrade per night. From what it sounds like the parking charge is hit or miss. I was under the impression that the renovations would only be minor except for the conference rooms and public areas. There was some sort of press release awhile ago, wonder if they decided to update more of the hotel.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 6:10 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
The suite from what I can tell is only a $10 upgrade per night. From what it sounds like the parking charge is hit or miss. I was under the impression that the renovations would only be minor except for the conference rooms and public areas. There was some sort of press release awhile ago, wonder if they decided to update more of the hotel.
They certainly go for the full renovation of this hotel... There is a note in each room explaining what's coming and got more infos talking to someone at the front desk.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by 767300ER
Considering the price... this is a very good value. I just completed a 3 night stay at this property. As Plt got upgraded in a suite in building 4, free breakfast offered and they waived the parking fees. The staff is also very good. The whole hotel looks dated but the room was clean and that was ok leaving the hotel early morning and returning late at night.

Latest update,,,The hotel will be completely renovated in 2011-2012 at a cost of 25 million dollar. Every single room will be renovated plus lobby, swimming pool etc....The hotel will stay open during renovation and they will close 1 buiding at a time. The first to be done will be number 4 and they will start in August 2011. The whole project will be completed by the end of summer 2012.

The African theme will be replaced by something more in line with actual Sheraton look.

For the moment it is hard to know what type of impact the renovation will have on the guests staying there...

So good news for this hotel, ^it was much needed
Sounds great, as this place is one of the best values in Orlando.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:45 pm

Does anyone have any updates on the renovations. The *wood website has the following information:

Announcements
Special Conditions
Renovation Information: August 8, 2011 - January 31, 2012

Beginning August 8, 2011 and lasting until January 30, 2012; there will be ongoing renovations. Rates have already been reduced to compensate for the renovation conditions at the hotel. Please note the following information:

August 8, 2011 - January 30, 2012: The parking lot at the back of the hotel will be closed.
August 15 – November 7, 2011: The east portion of the lobby, the restaurant, and the gift shop will be out of service. During this time, the dining area will be relocated. Breakfast and dinner will still be served.
August 15, 2011 – January 30, 2012: Construction of the new outdoor zero entry pool, fire pit and the new 27 Palms Grill will be ongoing. The hotel’s exercising pool and the Python Snake Slide will remain open to the public during the construction of the second pool. Also, during this time, no first floor rooms will be available
August 15 – October 3, 2011: Building 2 will be closed.
August 15 – November 7, 2011: Building 4 will be closed and no Safari Suites will be available.
Beginning August 15, 2011: The hotel will no longer offer an on-site coin laundry. Offsite dry cleaning service will still be available.
October 3 – November 28, 2011: Building 3 will be closed.
November 7, 2011 – January 30, 2012: The fitness room will be closed.
November 28, 2011 – January 30, 2012: Building 1 will be closed.

Please contact the hotel for further information.

Just curious if anyone knows details other than the above. E.g. will the hotel offer the same number of rooms (and suites)? What other amenities might change? We are looking at a Christmas holiday timeframe stay and considering a points stay here. Not sure if it's a good idea as most of the renovations will be complete, or a bad idea because the renovations will not be totally complete! 2 adults + 3 kids...standard room is 3,000 points per night (4,000 weekends I think). Chat rep said suites available for 5,500 points per night during our timeframe (12/26/2011-1/3/2012).

A call to the hotel is probably in order, but it would be nice to get more objective views from FTers too.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
Sounds great, as this place is one of the best values in Orlando.
Not for much longer, look for the rates to jump if they're putting in $25M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.