Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2005, 6:40 pm

sheraton safari orlando

Hi, Any comments about this hotel, just trying to get an idea from people who have stayed there about the condition overall, the rooms etc, is it nice, is it good for a family stay of 2 nights and do they charge resort fee or anything. Thanks for any suggestions
Old Jul 27, 2005, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
I stayed there in December '04 when I had to go to MCO at v.vvshort notice. It is utter crap - basically a Motel 6 with suites and an African Theme going. The service is also quite poor. Don't waste your time or money on this property.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
I disagree. Decent, IMO. But there are many, many posts on this property if you do a search.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Any thoughts on a comparison between the Sheraton Safari and Sheraton World?
Old Jul 27, 2005, 7:48 pm

If you are going to Disney World you are better off staying at the Swan or Dolphin. The Safari advertises free bus service to Disney World. The trips are infrequent and returning to your room is not convinient as it is in the Swan or Dolphin.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 10:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I agree with Catuspete. It is not bad. It may be a motel 6 in its previous life, but *wood did a great job updating it. You have a bed room and separate living room. Look at the Palo Alto Sheraton, it was a Holiday Inn until the owner decided to go *wood. Is now a very nice hotel.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have several reviews complete with photos and detailed descriptions of the layout of this hotel located in already existing threads on this property, which a Search on the work "Safari" within this Starwood forum will reveal.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 2:43 pm

Taken from Travelzoo this week

The Sheraton Safari Hotel is offering a special of $59 per night, including weekends, July 31-November 24. This is your chance to stay just one block from Downtown Disney at 50% OFF the price you would normally pay.
Upgrade: For only $40 more, you can stay in a suite. Suites at this resort usually run $229 and up. Plus, kids under 10 years old eat FREE with a paying adult.

This safari-themed hotel is a Disney "Good Neighbor Hotel" and conveniently located, offering complimentary shuttle service to all Disney theme parks. The property features an on-site restaurant, 24-hour workout facilities, and a pool with a 79-foot, python-shaped water slide!

Book by August 5: Call 1-800-423-3297, and use the booking code PYTHON. Make sure to reference the code to get this special.

KT
Old Jul 28, 2005, 3:54 pm

Service is poor there.

It's crappy if you're use to Westins, W hotels, the Swan / Dolphin, or Hyatt Grand Cypress and/or have lots of money to burn. If you lower your expectations and see that it costs 1/2 or 1/3 the rates that the Swan charges, then it's not too bad.

Our room was clean. The bed was comfortable.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 5:19 pm

I have stayed at the Safari a number of times, the last time being in 2004. The location is quite good--Lake Buena Vista (a two minute drive to Downtown Disney). I have never used their shuttle bus system, as I prefer to drive myself rather than rely on a shuttle bus time table. In terms of the Swan/Dolphin, we are not comparing apples to apples.

The Safari was originally built as a Days Inn and ran as such for many years. It was then renovated and re-opened as a Windham, but did not do well under that flag so it finally became a Sheraton. Depending upon the building you are in, you may have an outside walk from the lobby to get there. Yes, the hotel is African themed with a smimming pool and water slide.

Personally, I like the hotel; however, would not pay much more than $80 a night.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sheraton Safari Orlando (Disney World) Suite Special

Got the following special in an email. 3 night minimum. Through October 4, 2005. No pre-pay, but a 48 hour cancellation is required.

Your timing couldn't be better...
The kids are back in school, and the area is not as busy.

Come enjoy yourself and take advantage of shorter lines at Theme Parks and cooler weather.

Reserve a room at the Sheraton Safari Hotel you'll automatically receive a FREE Upgrade to a Safari Suite, a $50.00 savings per night!

Book Your Reservation Online
OR Call Us Toll Free at 1-800-423-3297
Ask for the "SUITE Promo"

NOW through October 4, 2005
only $99.00 per night

We are located 1/8 of mile from the Walt Disney Theme Parks, and offer complimentary shuttle service, 24hr game room, 24hr fitness center, 79 ft python waterslide, kiddie pool, jacuzzi, and within walking distance to many area restaurants.

* Reservations are limited to availability and a minimum stay of (3) three nights. Refer to rate code SUITEPRM when calling to make your reservation. Cancellations to room reservations must be made 48 hours prior to arrival date. This offer is not valid for existing reservations or for group reservations.
Safari Suites (formerly known as Jr. Suites here) are a bit like Embassy Suite type setups. Here's a few snaps:

http://members.aol.com/premexfiles/safaricombo.jpg
Old Jan 31, 2006, 3:41 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, AA-Plat
Should be a Four Points

Hi All, I am staying at the hotel today and it really should be considered a four points. Not that great of neighborhood, rooms are ok, older, no good restaurants.

Just a thought...... Oh I got upgraded to safari suite.... 2 rooms and a wet bar. I would stay on the disneyland property or at the westin downtown if you travel to ORlando.

David

PS: If you like to workout... their Gym is stuck in the 90's
Old Feb 1, 2006, 4:06 pm

We stayed there two years in a row, in 2003 I got the hotel on Priceline for $35 a night and when I checked in I showed them my Starwood Gold and was upgraded to a suite. In 2004 I used points for 5 nights and had to talk them into a suite. I thought the hotel was fine, my kids loved it! The snake slide was a big hit and it was very nice having a kitchenette in the room. As of 2004 the beds had been upgraded to Sweet Sleepers. We found it to been very convienent to Downtown Disney and all of parks.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 10:01 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
$59 -- Orlando Sheraton "Safari" Hotel, 50% OFF *

Lifted from Travelzoo emailing:

"Orlando, Florida
Travel dates: Through Dec. 21
Top 20 deal - sells out quickly!
Here is your chance to stay at a safari-themed property in one of Orlando's hottest areas for 50% OFF the regular price. Through Dec. 21, stay any day of the week at the Sheraton Safari Hotel -- a block from Downtown Disney -- for just $59 per night!
Upgrade to a Pool View room for only $20 more per night.

This Sheraton Safari Hotel is a Disney "Good Neighbor Hotel" with complimentary shuttle service to all Disney theme parks. The property features many amenities, including an on-site restaurant, 24-hour workout facilities, and a pool with a 79-foot, python-shaped water slide.

Blackout Dates: Oct. 25-26; Nov. 9-10. Book by Sept. 29.

Click here to book online with the Sheraton Safari Hotel, and to learn more about this offer.
Or, call the resort directly at 1-800-423-3297, and mention promo code: WILDTIME "
Old Mar 2, 2007, 2:47 pm

Sheraton Safarri Hotel, Orlando

Has anyone stayed in an executive suite at this hotel recently? Any comments?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.