FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:08 am
wolfson292

Programs: Delta DM, Hertz PC, Starwood Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Gold
Thumbs up Great Stay

I stayed here 2/11/11 for a quick weekend trip to Disney with the family. I never saw the hotel before the renovation, but the hotel was quite good for the 3000 points I paid for the room. I was significantly more satisfied than my 10k points a night stay at the Disney swan where my wife's CC's were all removed from her purse in the room and cloned.

The pool area is very nice, and the kid loved it even though it was quite cold. We were upgraded to a nice Suite with two bunk beads and two queen beds. The bathroom was a bit small, but more than OK.

Platinum guests are given free breakfast, half off a second adult, and free for kids under 11. The breakfast buffet was a great and cheap way to start the day, especially compared to the overpriced food at the Swan.

The drive to Disney is quick, and with free parking from Season Passes, I have to say I prefer driving to taking a bus from a Disney hotel. The buses were always jam packed and there was only standing room at the end of the day.

At checkin I asked if the hotel would likely raise their points rate soon, and was told they had to "prove themselves" for a year before Starwood would let them raise the category level of the hotel.