Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2004, 9:17 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Thank you all for the advice!

Now if we could only fix the strike issue. . . .
Old Oct 27, 2004, 2:21 pm
Wi-Fi

Originally Posted by JC5280
Who the heck takes the cable car for transportation? Thats a tourist trap that you should do once only.
As a native who works on California I take it all the time. If you have a FastPass it's a great way to get up the hill.

Old Oct 28, 2004, 12:40 pm

Programs: united premier exec, marriott platinum
If you stay at the Parc 55, ask for a corner room. I'm pretty sure it ends in 37. Great views. Whenever I book and ask in advance, I get it.

A few other reference points on location of the three properties:

The Marriott is closest to Yerba Buena Gardens and MOMA. The Metreon theater complex is across the street. You're just south of Market St.

The Renaissance is most convenient for the various modes of transportation. BART/MUNI station is caddy corner from the hotel down in Hallidie Plaza. The cable cars turn around at Market and Powell, which is very close. Union Square is four blocks away, with no hills to climb.

Stanford Court is at the top of Nob Hill, next to the Mark Hopkins and Fairmont. My Mom and sister stayed there a few weeks ago and loved it. They really treat plats well there, too.

Picketers were in front of the Fairmont, Westin, Mark Hopkins, etc. but I didn't see any in front of the three Marriott properties when I was in town last week. Maybe they contract with a different union?

Be sure to bring lots of layered clothing or you'll go home with a new sweater/fleece with the GG Bridge embroidered on it. Have fun!
Old Oct 28, 2004, 2:51 pm
Suspended

I was trying to make this decision last summer for one night.

I wound up staying at the Marriott and it was great, but I was upgraded to an incredible suite.

However, just my thoughts: The Parc 55 still has many seedy characters around it, perhaps due to the cable car turnaround. Being from near NYC, I was used to seeing this, but I was glad I was at the Marriott -- did not see any such characters, although you will see them to varying degrees on the main drag.

SF Marriott is very well situated for the BART and the staff was great -- even met the GM and complimented her on the great work of the staff.

Did not see or stay at Stanford Court, but Tripadvisor and reviews herein warn that like old hotels everywhere, you can get a really nice room, or a closet.

For my $$ I would stick with the Marriott.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 4:13 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Originally Posted by sfobound
If you stay at the Parc 55, ask for a corner room. I'm pretty sure it ends in 37. Great views. Whenever I book and ask in advance, I get it.

A few other reference points on location of the three properties:
Stanford Court is at the top of Nob Hill, next to the Mark Hopkins and Fairmont. My Mom and sister stayed there a few weeks ago and loved it. They really treat plats well there, too.

Picketers were in front of the Fairmont, Westin, Mark Hopkins, etc. but I didn't see any in front of the three Marriott properties when I was in town last week. Maybe they contract with a different union?

Be sure to bring lots of layered clothing or you'll go home with a new sweater/fleece with the GG Bridge embroidered on it. Have fun!

sfobound,
Thanks for the insights. I know it's cold in San Bruno right now, so I can imagine it only gets chillier closer to the water and downtown. Ended up booking the Stanford and am looking forward to it, especially if they treat Plats really well!!
Old Oct 31, 2004, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HHonors Diamond
Parc 55

Went to SF with my wife a little over a month ago. Stanford Ct was my ideal choice, but it was fully booked, so we did the Parc 55.

We had a nice, spacious corner room and a very comfortable bed.

As mentioned previously in this thread, the neighborhood has a shade side to it. Just outside the front of the hotel, we saw a homeless guy urinating in the middle of the sidewalk. As we walked by, he starting yelling at us. We were also harrassed by several other homeless people.

I really liked the hotel itself, it's just too bad about the surroundings.
Old May 24, 2005, 9:28 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Nobody, Hertz Gold, Avis Select
San Francisco Marriott Exec Lounge

Quick question for someone who stayed there recently

What's their policy for the lounge?

I've noticed that this can vary from property to property in how many guests/visitors you're allowed to bring with you and what prices they charge for guest access.

I hope it's at least a Plat + Guest/Visitor for free
Old May 24, 2005, 11:06 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Never been there, but I've never been challenged or even questioned when bringing a guest or guests with me to a Marriott/Ren concierge lounge anywhere. I don't know if other's experiences vary. A similar issue that has been commented on in other threads has to do with how many breakfast coupons a particular property will provide for a comped breakfast, if the lounge is closed or if there is no lounge. As I recall there usually is no coupon problem for all guests staying in the room, although one FTer was denied a second coupon at the Rihga Royal.
Old May 24, 2005, 12:07 pm
RTG

Programs: SWA - DL - Diamond - 1MM, A List, Marriott - Plat - Lifetime, AmEx - Plat, AAA, Avis - Preferred
I've only taken one guest in before, but at other locations, I've taken several people in and never been questioned.
Old May 24, 2005, 1:47 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
My wife came in with me, no questions asked.

Bruce
Old May 24, 2005, 10:15 pm

Excellent, I didn't think it would be a problem, especially as a plat, I think that primarily goes for those buying their way into the lounges.

Now, the other important question...Free booze of any kind? Or do you have to pay for it?
Old May 26, 2005, 4:36 am

Programs: Delta Platinum;Delta 2MM;Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite;Hertz 5*
Stayed there a few weeks ago. Very frendly and no problem on bringing guests in. has a real extensive breakfast buffet also.
Old May 26, 2005, 6:28 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by psychephylax
Excellent, I didn't think it would be a problem, especially as a plat, I think that primarily goes for those buying their way into the lounges.

Now, the other important question...Free booze of any kind? Or do you have to pay for it?
Unlike SPG (St. Louis Westin, for example), I know of no Marriott/Rens in the U.S. that provide wine/beer/liquor gratis. This appears to be a relatively new policy instituted a few years ago. I remember 4-5 years ago receiving comp wine at the Baltimore Waterfront and others, but suddenly honor bar forms to fill out appeared at the C-lounges. What's worse; many of the Marriott C-lounges are jacking up wine prices to unreasonable levels, frequently charging more in the C-lounge than in the hotel's restaurant/bar. Very counterproductive, in my opinion.
Old May 27, 2005, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by ohmark
Unlike SPG (St. Louis Westin, for example), I know of no Marriott/Rens in the U.S. that provide wine/beer/liquor gratis. This appears to be a relatively new policy instituted a few years ago. I remember 4-5 years ago receiving comp wine at the Baltimore Waterfront and others, but suddenly honor bar forms to fill out appeared at the C-lounges. What's worse; many of the Marriott C-lounges are jacking up wine prices to unreasonable levels, frequently charging more in the C-lounge than in the hotel's restaurant/bar. Very counterproductive, in my opinion.
I remember in Feb 2004 the Crystal Gateway Marriott in D.C. had a free bar...And I just got back from Australia where both the Melbourne and Sydney Harbour Marriotts provided free alcohol. The fact that they charge almost defeats the whole purpose of getting access to the lounges...The munchies they provide can be had locally for less than the price of upgrading to a C-Lounge room and the people who "earn" access can easily divert quite a bit of money to other hotels...I have no idea what Marriott is thinking.
Old May 29, 2005, 2:23 am

Unimpressed with San Francisco Marriott

Call me picky, but from the moment I got here I have not been impressed with this Marriott property.

For a Category 6 property I had much higher expectations of treatment/amenities.

First thing that I didn't like was availability of convenient cheap parking...No self-parking, valet as the only option running at 46$ a day. This is 1/3 of my room rate! At least discount it for the hotel guests and reduce it even more or comp it to elites....

Second thing, "Wired for Business" was 13$ instead of 10$
I think this should also be complimentary or discounted for elites...After all, if a CY/RI/SHS can provide it for free, why can't a full service one provide it as an amenity for frequent travelers? But I digress...It annoys me that as a Plat I can get free local calling in CY/RI/FI but not in a full size marriott...Thus eliminating my alternative cheap way of going online.

Third thing, lack of mini-bar and fridge in the room? ......Cat 6 and no mini-bar?

The staff didn't seem awfully accomodating either, I feel as f I had to pull my 2 breakfast coupons out of the Elite check-in desk by mentioning the vouchers for when the lounge is closed. The guy said "i'll see what we can do about this..." then returned with the coupons instead of just saying, you get the coupons. The rooms are not overly lavish by any means but the bathtub is nice and wide...Widest I've ever seen. The beds are comfortable but besides that, everything else is almost Courtyard quality. Infact, next time I come out to SFO, I'm staying at the Fisherman's Wharf Courtyard for it's proximity to the Wharf and cheap parking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.