Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Issues, glitches and data inconsistencies with the 2019-2020 rollover process

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Report from the Bonvoy Lurker Team in Post #92: "The [elite] year count will be updated after the year end account review is completed."
Print Wikipost

Issues, glitches and data inconsistencies with the 2019-2020 rollover process

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I think they may have switched at 00:00 UTC.
I bet this is the correct answer. Any company with locations across multiple time zones has to make an arbitrary decision about which time zone is the "master" one.

I run websites that promote date-sensitive sales (like Black Friday, Christmas, etc) from third-parties. It's impossible to match the sales because of time zones, so I just include a disclaimer. It is what it is.

As a world, we can't agree on a common date format. Expecting to have all multi-national corporations to agree on a master time zone isn't going to happen, either.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:08 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
I bet this is the correct answer. Any company with locations across multiple time zones has to make an arbitrary decision about which time zone is the "master" one.

I run websites that promote date-sensitive sales (like Black Friday, Christmas, etc) from third-parties. It's impossible to match the sales because of time zones, so I just include a disclaimer. It is what it is.

As a world, we can't agree on a common date format. Expecting to have all multi-national corporations to agree on a master time zone isn't going to happen, either.
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/universal-time-zones
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA - Premier 1K, UA MM 1K; Marriott Platinum
Glitch with Night Required for Titanium Elite

So I just missed Titanium elite this year by 5 nights. Not a big deal but I was surprised when looking at my status today. I expected to see my count drop back down to zero.

Surprisingly - I had 15 nights from my SPG account transfer in (I forgot to do that over a year ago!), so I seemingly have 15 nights already.

however I’m not understanding why my account says “9 nights to titanium elite” and “Titanium Elite at 24 nights”. Shouldn’t titanium elite require 75 nights??

Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
CC gives 15 free nights each year

the rest is bad IT
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA - Premier 1K, UA MM 1K; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
CC gives 15 free nights each year

the rest is bad IT
lol that’s what I thought. A glitch in the matrix.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:46 am

No update since new year. Points from stay are missing. Promo points are missing. (I had 1 stay and just completed 3more for the 2k bonus for every two stays) The only thing that gets updated is the night balance for the new year. Very bonvoying.

Btw, just called Marriott and asked how many stays I had last year since I haven’t got an email about my platinum gift choices. She said I had only 15 instead of 50. Then she started to list all the hotel stay I had last year. That’s when I hung up.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jrey

Btw, just called Marriott and asked how many stays I had last year since I haven’t got an email about my platinum gift choices.
Just use the link from the wiki in the Choice Benefits thread.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Just use the link from the wiki in the Choice Benefits thread.
I tried. It said I didn’t have enough nights yet. It showed 50 nights on Dec 30, but now 15.

Last edited by jrey; Jan 3, 2020 at 5:36 am
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I tried. It said I didn’t have enough nights yet. It showed 50 nights on Dec 30, but now 25.
Ouch! Marriott IT at its best.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:40 am

No update since new year. Points from stay are missing. Promo points are missing. (I had 1 stay and just completed 3more for the 2k bonus for every two stays) The only thing that gets updated is the night balance for the new year. Very bonvoying.

Btw, just called Marriott and asked how many stays I had last year since I haven’t got an email about my platinum gift choices. She said I had only 15 instead of 50. Then she started to list all the hotel stay I had last year. That’s when I hung up.
Stays and nights are a different count...
Old Jan 3, 2020, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Ouch! Marriott IT at its best.
So how long does one really have to wait before getting the email after hitting 50 or 75 nights?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:57 am

So how long does one really have to wait before getting the email after hitting 50 or 75 nights?
I think it’s available almost immediately after the 50th and 75th nights post. Waiting for the email is not necessary. Try:
https://choice-benefit.marriott.com/...39&co=WW&nt=PH
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
I think it’s available almost immediately after the 50th and 75th nights post. Waiting for the email is not necessary. Try:
https://choice-benefit.marriott.com/...39&co=WW&nt=PH
Just did. I got "Apologies, you’re not eligible yet." message.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Just did. I got "Apologies, you’re not eligible yet." message.
Glad it's not just me. Had a 5 night stay at year's end that put me over the hump. Stay posted correctly [though I'm back to 15 nights with the new year], but can't choose yet. Not surprising and my planned use for SNAs is still a couple of months out so I'll sit tight for now...
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Glad it's not just me. Had a 5 night stay at year's end that put me over the hump. Stay posted correctly [though I'm back to 15 nights with the new year], but can't choose yet. Not surprising and my planned use for SNAs is still a couple of months out so I'll sit tight for now...
Well, the deadline is Jan 15 to choose the choice, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.