Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2021, 1:36 pm

How is the snorkel fins selections in term of shoe size? Are the basic snorkel gears complimentary? We are bring our own snorkeling goggles and tubes, but debating whether we should bring our own fins as they take up lots luggage space and they are not like anything high end anyway.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:03 pm

Anybody have the cost of the PCR tests at the hotel? Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sbryans605
Anybody have the cost of the PCR tests at the hotel? Thanks
That info is in the wiki.
LukFilm, Kacee and sbryans605 like this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 12:06 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
I have my own snorkel equipment as well, but did not bring it because I had read a review that the dive center had all new-ish gear, and I can confirm that you should save the weight and space in your bags and just use the equipment they provide. It was available at no cost, and its great to go chat with the experts there on site. They will tell you where to go, what you will see, etc. You can maybe bring your own no-fog stuff though.

My recommendation here is good for anyone who thought they packed light. That was me, but TMA weighs everything you are carrying when you check in for the seaplane. And its all $5.60/kg which adds up quickly. So two large, but light duffels, are what I expected to be weighed, and I was well under the limit. But when they weighed my carry on roll-aboard, and two backpacks, one which had a Macbook in it, we got hit with some overage charges. Its my own fault for not planning for that when weighing bags the night before departure though. The good news is, the Le Meridien rep with us paid the charge and put it on my hotel bill. More points at least.

The PCR test cost came to a total of 295.68 for two of us on my folio. The info in the wiki is correct, but thats before taxes and fees. They were happy to print out extra hard copies of the results at the front desk for me on departure. That came in handy at the airport when checking in with Qatar Airways. Your results come back via an email through the hotel, and in my case, it was 4 attachments - the two PCR results, the folio for review, and information about your seaplane departure the next day.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 12:08 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Originally Posted by svellmann
Made a little walk-through room tour video of our Sunrise Overwater Villa:

YouTube Link
This is great, thank you for sharing this! I was in the villa to your left, and my new fun friends were the ones with the dinosaur tied up to the stairway to the water. I teased them since many of my sunrise pics have that big floaty in them. ha ha
Old Dec 8, 2021, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by JC5280
Its my own fault for not planning for that when weighing bags the night before departure though. The good news is, the Le Meridien rep with us paid the charge and put it on my hotel bill. More points at least.
I am sorry to put some salt into the soup but as far as I know, sea plane charges are not considered for Bonvoy points as this is an external service provider - similar to some external parking services.

i am happy to hear that I am wrong, though!
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by t3ame
I am sorry to put some salt into the soup but as far as I know, sea plane charges are not considered for Bonvoy points as this is an external service provider - similar to some external parking services.

i am happy to hear that I am wrong, though!
You are not wrong.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:53 am

The good news is, the Le Meridien rep with us paid the charge and put it on my hotel bill. More points at least.
You likely won't receive points for this because even though it's added to your folio, it's a "pass through charge"

When I inquired in my missing points request (none of the points posted automatically for me after 3 weeks), this is what I got:

Using the provided information, I would like to inform you that the charges for Seaplane, Dive center and Speed Boat mentioned in the folio are ineligible charges for which you cannot earn any point credits. I would like inform you that all the eligible charges for the stay has been updated in your Marriott Bonvoy account accordingly.

Edit: oops just saw the posts above that mention the same thing. But just to confirm again.
JC5280 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
However, you should get 6X the points for Amex/Chase charges if they are billed by the hotel. That's a win.

Actually, now I'm wondering if I'll be able to pay for those charges with my Marriott gift cards (all purchased at 20% off).
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
However, you should get 6X the points for Amex/Chase charges if they are billed by the hotel. That's a win.

Actually, now I'm wondering if I'll be able to pay for those charges with my Marriott gift cards (all purchased at 20% off).
I would think you would still be able to pay with your gift card...it's just not "points earning" I believe.

Just another call out though for points earning and your Chase card, I didn't automatically get 6x on my Le Meriden charges, I had to message Chase to manually credit the extra 8000 points
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:18 pm

Yeah, sorry for my misleading post about the extra points. I do get the points multiplier on my Marriott card, but I did not earn points on the charges to the room for the Seaplane, the baggage fees, the PCR tests, or the meal plan. I will blame my mistake about points for the baggage fees on the jet lag and the 40 hour journey home. ha ha

I do find it interesting that points earning did not occur on the meal plans. On the days I was not all-inclusive, I earned points for those meals. As an aside, I was able to do the all-inclusive plan for the 6 full days I was there, and not the arrival day (arrived at 1p) and the departure day (departed at 3p) which was the check in agent's suggestion.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:07 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Yeah, sorry for my misleading post about the extra points. I do get the points multiplier on my Marriott card, but I did not earn points on the charges to the room for the Seaplane, the baggage fees, the PCR tests, or the meal plan. I will blame my mistake about points for the baggage fees on the jet lag and the 40 hour journey home. ha ha

I do find it interesting that points earning did not occur on the meal plans. On the days I was not all-inclusive, I earned points for those meals. As an aside, I was able to do the all-inclusive plan for the 6 full days I was there, and not the arrival day (arrived at 1p) and the departure day (departed at 3p) which was the check in agent's suggestion.
Useful data point. That definitely hurts the value for plat+ members since just purchasing food is at a 20% discount and you earn 15-20 points per dollar spent on it.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 7:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Useful data point. That definitely hurts the value for plat+ members since just purchasing food is at a 20% discount and you earn 15-20 points per dollar spent on it.
Yeah, was shocked to see this. Of note, some of the other Maldives threads seem to indicate an end to the 20% elite F&B discount, which was making some level of meal plan seem more enticing. I still have 3 months to figure it out...
Old Dec 9, 2021, 8:30 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
FWIW they claimed the 20% off F+B ended Dec 1st but yet we were still getting 20% off on ala carte on12/7 (we were on a meal plan for 4 days but got a sunset drink our last night at Riviera, which was not on the fullboard plan). Bummer about the meal plan not earning points, is there a reasoning they provided to justify this? Are "all-inclusive" f+b exempt from points earning generally? Seems like something that should be stated upfront, esp given the $ plunked down for a 4+ night full board/all-inclusive plan.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by wilsonnyc
FWIW they claimed the 20% off F+B ended Dec 1st but yet we were still getting 20% off on ala carte on12/7 (we were on a meal plan for 4 days but got a sunset drink our last night at Riviera, which was not on the fullboard plan). Bummer about the meal plan not earning points, is there a reasoning they provided to justify this? Are "all-inclusive" f+b exempt from points earning generally? Seems like something that should be stated upfront, esp given the $ plunked down for a 4+ night full board/all-inclusive plan.
Good news, official Marriott website (https://marriottbonvoyasia.com/r+b/benefits) shows that 20% off lasts until the end of June 2022

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.