Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
FAQ from Jan 19/22 email from Marriott:

Can I Still Order Travel Package Awards?

Information on Marriott Bonvoy® Travel Packages
No. Due to varying factors such as low volume in demand, we are no longer selling Travel Package Awards as of January 19, 2022.

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?

If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:
The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?

If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?

Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2020, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Counsellor
If you actually had a reservation using the voucher and were forced to cancel it due to virus-related travel bans, you might try calling the hotel, explaining the situation, and see if they'll honor the voucher anyway. I think there is some flexibility left for the property management, but even if the answer is "no" it's worth a try.
Since the reservation has already been canceled, I think it’s too late. OP would have needed to contact the hotel to modify the reservation before cancellation.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
I have 1 TP cert left to use (air miles received). It should have been used this summer but Covid meant our flights were cancelled and the country wasn't letting us in anyway. With only school holidays to potentially use it, we are really running out of chances to use it before end of Jan 2021. With many countries off-limits, especially those with warmer weather towards year end, I have completely run out of ideas for how to use it. A couple of city hotels would be of interest, but only for a couple of days, and the majority of those won't allow 4 in a room, so I'd have to spend more points booking a second room and would only use 3 out of the 7 days the cert allows. Staycation options simply do not appeal - again, especially for 7 days in UK autumn/winter.

There must be many others in a similar position, with hotel certs they cannot easily use. Does anyone think Bonvoy might budge and allow further date extension, upgrading to higher categories, etc.?
Old Aug 25, 2020, 11:06 am

This one felt like a win...

I called Marriott to discuss options for upcoming Kauai trip cancelled due to Sheraton being closed in September and actually not accepting new bookings until 1/2021. This trip was booked precovid and before it was changed to a cat 6 hotel. I was transferred to Loyalty Care and was told they would extend certificate expiring in Feb for one year from the date of request so suggested I wait until closer to the expiration date. I then asked about the situation with the Cat 5 certificate and wanting to use it on the Cat 6 hotel since the change happened after I booked. The rep said her supervisor would upgrade cert to a category 6 but today only because there were no guarantees anyone else would do it in the future. So that meant only for 1 year extension from today. After agreeing to the upgrade and extension she did run into trouble with upgrading without additional points, so we agreed to 25K points.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Erin Barker
This one felt like a win...

I called Marriott to discuss options for upcoming Kauai trip cancelled due to Sheraton being closed in September and actually not accepting new bookings until 1/2021. This trip was booked precovid and before it was changed to a cat 6 hotel. I was transferred to Loyalty Care and was told they would extend certificate expiring in Feb for one year from the date of request so suggested I wait until closer to the expiration date. I then asked about the situation with the Cat 5 certificate and wanting to use it on the Cat 6 hotel since the change happened after I booked. The rep said her supervisor would upgrade cert to a category 6 but today only because there were no guarantees anyone else would do it in the future. So that meant only for 1 year extension from today. After agreeing to the upgrade and extension she did run into trouble with upgrading without additional points, so we agreed to 25K points.
What number did you call them on?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 6:13 am

800-228-9290 But the rep transferred me to what she referred to at Loyalty Care. From there it was the associate and her supervisor that helped with the extension and upgrade.
onlysuites and pazza2000 like this.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 1:13 pm

That sounds like a win to me
Old Aug 27, 2020, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Since the reservation has already been canceled, I think it’s too late. OP would have needed to contact the hotel to modify the reservation before cancellation.
Correct, I would have had to call the hotel prior to cancelling the reservation. Obviously, at the time, I didn't know that this was a possible workaround.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by xslash10x
Correct, I would have had to call the hotel prior to cancelling the reservation. Obviously, at the time, I didn't know that this was a possible workaround.
If it’s any consolation, I was in exactly the same situation as you. I tried changing my reservation direct with the hotel but they would not budge. They said only Marriot could change it. Of course I tried changing with Marriot but they could not do it either (despite sympathy and a genuine want to help me). They just don’t seem to be able to override the system.

Am stuck with a Cat 5 cert.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 1:07 pm

So the technology to upgrade these certs with points is still available, and relatively simple, it’s just finding the right agent that will allow it to be done, which is rare?
Old Aug 28, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by choicespy
If it’s any consolation, I was in exactly the same situation as you. I tried changing my reservation direct with the hotel but they would not budge. They said only Marriot could change it. Of course I tried changing with Marriot but they could not do it either (despite sympathy and a genuine want to help me). They just don’t seem to be able to override the system.

Am stuck with a Cat 5 cert.
Same here. I had an August reservation at a hotel in Hawaii that had gone up in category after I booked it. I tried first with the hotel and later with Marriott to get my reservation moved to a later date but was unsuccessful.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 11:05 am

Sorry to bring this up again, however as we move into Autumn tomorrow, and things are pretty much the same, what do you think the likelihood of a further auto-extension from Bonvoy for these is, and when could we expect? I completely appreciate it’s just a guessing game.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 2:19 pm

Does anyone know the new code for partial packages?

Look for Marriot last new code for travel packages. Is it tcp4?
Old Sep 3, 2020, 8:11 pm
soy

Programs: various
Finally gave up the battle and recently redeemed my last TP for a staycation in Cape Cod. Was originally due to go to Costa Rica at Thanksgiving. However I do not see travel to Costa Rica being realistic this year, and cannot move the cert due to a rise to CAT6 for my hotel. Not fully confident that Marriott will do the right thing and extend again, and even if they do, I was doubtful I could make it work for next year.

Assuming we do not get back closer to normal for another 10-12 months, I will be hard pressed to use up all my various free night certs by end 2021.

In the end I did pretty ok out of the TP's (mostly redeemed in Asia), and while I miss the value, it was becoming increasingly difficult to work with all the various limitations.

RIP - Marriott TPs
SPN Lifer and ankomonkey like this.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 5:34 am

Anyone had any luck with getting the 31st January expiry extended? Its already been extended once and then Marriott extended it to 31st January for everyone.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by s879
Anyone had any luck with getting the 31st January expiry extended? Its already been extended once and then Marriott extended it to 31st January for everyone.
See post # 618.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.