Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
FAQ from Jan 19/22 email from Marriott:

Can I Still Order Travel Package Awards?

Information on Marriott Bonvoy® Travel Packages
No. Due to varying factors such as low volume in demand, we are no longer selling Travel Package Awards as of January 19, 2022.

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?

If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:
The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?

If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?

Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2020, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Counsellor
ankomonkey -- If the reason you were unable to use it for your chosen hotel is that the country was closed to American (i.e., U.S.) travelers, as most if not all of the EU is, I would think you have a compelling argument that Marriott should extend the validity at least until the ban on US travel is lifted, and a reasonable time thereafter. Of course we're not sure when the EU will lift its ban, but if Marriott doesn't extend the certificates on their own motion, I'd certainly contact them with such a request this autumn.
All TP’s are valid through to at least Jan ‘21 however! I guess we wouldn’t have much of case to contact them until just before then. I’m going to try and remain optimistic that they will auto extend these certs, again

Last edited by pazza2000; Aug 3, 2020 at 1:56 pm
Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I have a Cat 5 TP Cert attached to a Costa Rica resort that is now a Cat 6. Its for Christmas break but currently Costa Rica is not open for US residents. There are almost no decent Cat 5 properties left in the US anymore (that I would want to go to for year end break) and if I have to change plans for Christmas because Costa Rica is not allowing US residents I would sure hope that Marriott grants some kind of extension.
Counsellor and kgkg like this.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 5:07 pm

I just received a call from Kaui Sheraton where I have my 7 night cat 5 attached for reservations in 1 month. Category was changed to 6 after my reservation. They called to notify me that hotel is closed and will be through September so they recommend I initiate the cancellation so I can make sure my points are returned. I explained I had a certificate and asked what will happen now that they raised category and was told that is not a decision made at the hotel. I’ll be calling the hotel bac tomorrow to see what options I have since the hotel is the party canceling the stay due to Covid19

Last edited by Erin Barker; Aug 12, 2020 at 6:07 pm
Old Aug 12, 2020, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Erin Barker
I just received a call from Kaui Sheraton where I have my 7 night cat 5 attached for reservations in 1 month. Category was changed to 6 after my reservation. They called to notify me that hotel is closed and will be through September so they recommend I initiate the cancellation so I can make sure my points are returned. I explained I had a certificate and asked what will happen now that they raised category and was told that is not a decision made at the hotel. I’ll be calling tomorrow to see what options I have.
unfortunately, be ready for disappointment. At worst is that you can’t use the certificate there, at best they give a courtesy by upgrading the certificate level by you paying the point difference if that is even allowed these days.

Last edited by myperks; Aug 12, 2020 at 5:29 pm
Old Aug 12, 2020, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
unfortunately, be ready for disappointment. At worst is that you can’t use the certificate there, at best they give a courtesy by upgrading the certificate level by you paying the point difference if that is even allowed these days.
after reading the thread I’m going to attempt a date change to the reservation so that we might still be able to stay with this Now cat 6 hotel. The only other cat 5 in HI are airport locations, sighs.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 6:20 pm

after reading the thread I’m going to attempt a date change to the reservation so that we might still be able to stay with this Now cat 6 hotel. The only other cat 5 in HI are airport locations, sighs.
has changing dates been reported as a work around and reported as successful check in and check out? The hotel might be able to change the dates but once they redeem or try to redeem the certificate, shouldn’t there be a category mismatch? I don’t know.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I just checked, and it’s a cat 5. Did you mean it went from a 4 to a 5?

Also, they are still selling rooms in Sept.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I just checked, and it’s a cat 5. Did you mean it went from a 4 to a 5?

Also, they are still selling rooms in Sept.
It was a 5 and is now a 6, I just verified on their website.

the man who called said they were closed now and would be through the month of September and advised me to call Marriot/Bonvoy customer service to cancel so I get my points/certificate back.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
It was a 5 and is now a 6, I just verified on their website.

the man who called said they were closed now and would be through the month of September and advised me to call Marriot/Bonvoy customer service to cancel so I get my points/certificate back.
My bad. I was looking at the Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach which is a cat 5 and available in Sept.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: UA, AS
This has been reported to work. You need to convince the hotel to change the dates for you. Your attached cert must be valid for the new stay dates (not expired).
SPN Lifer and margarita girl like this.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 2:41 pm

It's a while since I have been on this thread. I have an unattached 7 night Cat 5 cert expring on 1/31/2021. Looking for the best way to try to salvage this? Any ideas? Due to current situation I have not travel plannned, though a possible reason to go to Hawaii in the fall. Unfortunately there are limited Cat 5 options.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 1:41 am

same here, mine was bought before merge, originally expired in 08/2020, and after Covid Policy out it was extend to 01/2021 only
Old Aug 19, 2020, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by upsidedown
It's a while since I have been on this thread. I have an unattached 7 night Cat 5 cert expring on 1/31/2021. Looking for the best way to try to salvage this? Any ideas? Due to current situation I have not travel plannned, though a possible reason to go to Hawaii in the fall. Unfortunately there are limited Cat 5 options.
With a few of these now back on my hands, and Summer travel out of the window, I’m hopeful for a further extension. Although maybe I too should think of a salvage plan, just in case...
Old Aug 20, 2020, 5:59 pm

I have a Cat 6 voucher that I was going to use this past April but obviously had to cancel those plans. Now I have no idea what to do with this voucher. The hotel that I was going to use it (W Punta de Mita) is now a Cat 7 so can't use it there anymore. Can't seem to find any interesting Cat 6 hotels that we can use it on. Sigh.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by xslash10x
I have a Cat 6 voucher that I was going to use this past April but obviously had to cancel those plans.
If you actually had a reservation using the voucher and were forced to cancel it due to virus-related travel bans, you might try calling the hotel, explaining the situation, and see if they'll honor the voucher anyway. I think there is some flexibility left for the property management, but even if the answer is "no" it's worth a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.