Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
FAQ from Jan 19/22 email from Marriott:

Can I Still Order Travel Package Awards?

Information on Marriott Bonvoy® Travel Packages
No. Due to varying factors such as low volume in demand, we are no longer selling Travel Package Awards as of January 19, 2022.

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?

If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:
The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?

If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?

Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by myperks
for iOS, click account and then “certificates”. The first date to me is when it was ordered and then the expiration date.
Ah. I do appreciate the quick response but I'm dealing with an android platform, perhaps there are different capabilities with the app releases.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:48 am

Packages Extended?

Some on Doctor of Credit are speculating that this means 7 night packages WON'T be extended (and some the opposite)
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/marri...august-1-2021/
Old Oct 29, 2020, 6:54 am

I got a representative to extend mine through October 2021 the other day, it had already been extended twice so I'm sure this is the last time. Going to try to use it mid August.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mykidissmarterthanyou
I got a representative to extend mine through October 2021 the other day, it had already been extended twice so I'm sure this is the last time. Going to try to use it mid August.
Do you mind to let the community know under what circumstances you were able to get an extension? Was it because you had to cancel a reservation using the cert, and the cert had to be manually reissued to put back to your account?
Old Oct 29, 2020, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Do you mind to let the community know under what circumstances you were able to get an extension? Was it because you had to cancel a reservation using the cert, and the cert had to be manually reissued to put back to your account?
So it was supposed to expire next April. I called to see if they would extend until August and they said no. So I booked a points reservation while on phone for April and told them to apply the certificate. They had a lot of problems doing it and wound up reissuing the certificate with an October date to apply it. I couldn't see it because of their system issues and they said I'd have to call back. Which then I had to delete the attachment for April and attach it for August which was my original intent. Prior to my call the certificate was not attached, it was sitting in my account. I called on a Saturday and got Mexico City but luckily was able to get an Ohio rep to fix the attachment issue on Monday.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by UsernameChuck
in the app I see both the issuance date and the expiration date.
Thanks for this tip. Mine shows original expiry of Jul 2019. But it also says 45,000 pts under 7 nights. Does that mean they will honour the original cash out value of 45K pts? Is anyone seeing 5K pts there which is supposedly the new cash out value?
Old Oct 29, 2020, 3:57 pm

Just spoke with a supervisor and got my 7 night cat. 5 travel package extended for another year from today’s date.

My package was originally set to expire this year and was automatically extended by Marriott to expire January 31st. 2021.

I did notice that 5K points were added and then deducted from my account which I don’t know why nor do I care as I’m whole.

I’ve now had it applied to a new 7 night stay for April.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
Just spoke with a supervisor and got my 7 night cat. 5 travel package extended for another year from today’s date.

My package was originally set to expire this year and was automatically extended by Marriott to expire January 31st. 2021.

I did notice that 5K points were added and then deducted from my account which I don’t know why nor do I care as I’m whole.

Thanks for the update. Was there pushback? You said supervisor... did you have to get through the initial agent to get to him/her?
Old Oct 29, 2020, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by dominick
Thanks for the update. Was there pushback? You said supervisor... did you have to get through the initial agent to get to him/her?
No I didn’t get push back I just asked the first agent to connect me to a loyalty supervisor as I don’t have any confidence in regular agents anymore (don’t get me started on this).

Ask for a loyalty supervisor because they are the only ones that can do the certificate renewals.
SPN Lifer and kgkg like this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob

A couple more questions for you. Did they extend it to Oct 29/21? Did you already have the reservation at the ready to attach the cert to before you called?

Thanks for sharing!
Old Oct 29, 2020, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
A couple more questions for you. Did they extend it to Oct 29/21? Did you already have the reservation at the ready to attach the cert to before you called?

Thanks for sharing!
Yes, it was extended until 10/29/21. No I did not have an existing reservation. Once the supervisor extended the certificate he made the award reservation for me and attached it.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 1:50 am

So you called with the angle that you were looking to make an award reservation for next year beyond your current TP’s validity?
Old Oct 30, 2020, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
So you called with the angle that you were looking to make an award reservation for next year beyond your current TP’s validity?
Correct.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, it was extended until 10/29/21. No I did not have an existing reservation. Once the supervisor extended the certificate he made the award reservation for me and attached it.
Thanks for sharing the info.

I believe in the process, the residual value changed from 45K to 5K, when the cert was reissued then attached to the reservation?

I wonder if you could not make the stay, could you replace it with a new reservation?

Cannot remember whether the NC would allow change of reservation, or if you cannot make the stay then the cert is voided with a 5K residual value... Others can chime in - so any potential risks be known before anyone tries to make a reservation beyond the current expiration date.

It might be advisable to only make a reservation with a more definitive plan so to avoid unpleasant surprise down the road.
imverge likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 8:32 am

To be clear... my original travel package was issued in 2019 after the new Bonvoy program launched with the higher redemption rate for the travel packages.

Here are screenshots of the details on my reservation and transactions on my Marriott Bonvoy account.

Hope this helps.

Reservation Details

MR Account Details

Last edited by imverge; Oct 30, 2020 at 8:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.