Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2020, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Helpmeout
How quickly does the 300 statement credit show up?
When I got mine, as soon as the room charges posted, the credit posted alongside it.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Drwaz99
When I got mine, as soon as the room charges posted, the credit posted alongside it.
Thanks. Amex dragging their tails.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Same for me, the credit usually posts as soon as the charge does. Or within one day.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: None - previously UA
$100 rebate on $1000 general spend?
Enroll by 9/30/2020. Get a one-time $100 statement credit after using your enrolled Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card to make a minimum purchase of $1,000 in one or more eligible transactions by 11/30/2020. See terms.

OFFER TERMS

You must first add offer to an eligible Card through Amex Offers by 9/30/2020 to enroll in the offer and then use that same enrolled Card to make qualifying purchases. Only purchases made with your enrolled Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card are eligible. Offer to enroll is only available to existing Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card Members who are Basic Card Members. Eligible transactions can only be made by a Basic Card Member. Additional Card Members are not eligible for this offer. Limited to 1 enrolled Card per Card Member. Your enrollment of an eligible Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer is non-transferable. You will receive a one-time $100 statement credit after you spend a minimum of $1,000 in one or more eligible transactions on your enrolled Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card starting from the time you complete enrollment through 11/30/2020. Eligible transactions do NOT include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, person-to-person payments, the purchase or reloading of prepaid cards and purchases of other cash equivalents. Eligible transactions are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. To receive the statement credit, the enrolled Card account must not be cancelled or in default at the time of fulfillment. Any statement credit earned from this offer is in addition to the Marriott Bonvoy points earned as part of your existing Card benefits. Your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount paid after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Statement credit received from this offer will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 11/30/2020 provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. You may not receive a statement credit if we receive inaccurate information or are otherwise unable to identify your purchase as qualified for the offer. For example, you may not receive the statement credit if (a) the Merchant uses a third-party to sell their products or services; or (b) the Merchant uses a third-party to process or submit your transaction to us (e.g., using mobile or wireless card readers); or (c) you choose to make a purchase using a third-party payment account or make a purchase using a mobile or digital wallet. Note that we may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the Merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by the Merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if the eligible purchase is returned/cancelled or if we, in our sole discretion, determine that you have engaged in abuse or misuse in connection with the offer. Amex Offers are dynamic and personalized, so the offers you see may change. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: K132:0001
Old Aug 26, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by escapefromphl

Looks like $100 rebate on $1000 general spend?

DETAILS

Enroll by 9/30/2020. Get a one-time $100 statement credit after using your enrolled Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card to make a minimum purchase of $1,000 in one or more eligible transactions by 11/30/2020. See terms.

OFFER TERMS

You must first add offer to an eligible Card through Amex Offers by 9/30/2020 to enroll in the offer and then use that same enrolled Card to make qualifying purchases. Only purchases made with your enrolled Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card are eligible. Offer to enroll is only available to existing Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card Members who are Basic Card Members. Eligible transactions can only be made by a Basic Card Member. Additional Card Members are not eligible for this offer. Limited to 1 enrolled Card per Card Member. Your enrollment of an eligible Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer is non-transferable. You will receive a one-time $100 statement credit after you spend a minimum of $1,000 in one or more eligible transactions on your enrolled Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card starting from the time you complete enrollment through 11/30/2020. Eligible transactions do NOT include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, person-to-person payments, the purchase or reloading of prepaid cards and purchases of other cash equivalents. Eligible transactions are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. To receive the statement credit, the enrolled Card account must not be cancelled or in default at the time of fulfillment. Any statement credit earned from this offer is in addition to the Marriott Bonvoy points earned as part of your existing Card benefits. Your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount paid after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Statement credit received from this offer will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 11/30/2020 provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. You may not receive a statement credit if we receive inaccurate information or are otherwise unable to identify your purchase as qualified for the offer. For example, you may not receive the statement credit if (a) the Merchant uses a third-party to sell their products or services; or (b) the Merchant uses a third-party to process or submit your transaction to us (e.g., using mobile or wireless card readers); or (c) you choose to make a purchase using a third-party payment account or make a purchase using a mobile or digital wallet. Note that we may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the Merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by the Merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if the eligible purchase is returned/cancelled or if we, in our sole discretion, determine that you have engaged in abuse or misuse in connection with the offer. Amex Offers are dynamic and personalized, so the offers you see may change. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: K132:0001
It's targeted, unfortunately.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 11:33 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by hyedmd
It's targeted, unfortunately.
I posted about this in the AMEX forum thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...l#post32630302

Seems to be related to account anniversary.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
I posted about this in the AMEX forum thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...l#post32630302

Seems to be related to account anniversary.
I got it and my renewal is next month.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 7:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by Werty7777
I got it and my renewal is next month.
Mine is in December...
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Bonvoy Brilliant card annual fee just hit. Don't know whether we'll be staying in Marriott over the next year. Are there any work-arounds to still get the $300 credit or any other suggestions? I know I can call and try to get retention bonus, but that is unlikely to be enough to eliminate risk that I won't use the $300 credit or the free night cert. That's a pessimistic scenario, but CDC director just said best case is that many people won't get vaccinated until Q3 2021. So who knows when we will feel comfortable travelling.....
Old Sep 20, 2020, 7:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
Bonvoy Brilliant card annual fee just hit. Don't know whether we'll be staying in Marriott over the next year. Are there any work-arounds to still get the $300 credit or any other suggestions? I know I can call and try to get retention bonus, but that is unlikely to be enough to eliminate risk that I won't use the $300 credit or the free night cert. That's a pessimistic scenario, but CDC director just said best case is that many people won't get vaccinated until Q3 2021. So who knows when we will feel comfortable travelling.....
They were counting restaurant charges against the $300 credit but that ended August 31, 2020. I know of nothing that replaced that.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 6:46 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Where to use $300 Amex credit

Is there a list of Marriott Properties where the Amex Bonvoy $300 credit can be used? I’ve searched Amex and Marriott sites and can find nothing that defines this benefit. Thanks for any help with this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 8:13 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Pretty much any bonvoy participating property.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by GVA
Pretty much any bonvoy participating property.
ok, thanks
Old Sep 21, 2020, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
I booked the Cosmo in Vegas for next year (a Marriott property) and they require the first night as deposit. When that hit my account now, I got the $300 credit, even though I'm not staying until next year. So if you might have any travel plans like that, it could help...
Old Sep 21, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by thebat
ok, thanks
If you are not traveling, a restaurant at a local Marriott property would work. I think gift cards work as well as they are billed by Marriott (though you have to be careful with gift cards and Amex generally). I would also guess stuff like towels, soaps, candles also work when you buy the from the various Marriott websites
tstauck likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.