Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Won't be using any Marriott certs on limited service properties when Hyatt offers great full service ones (not subject to the nonsensical Peak whims) at the same category level on a CC/annual cert
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by gengar
That's really poor. Have you contacted AMEX customer service about this?

Yes I have and they quoted the time frame stated in the T & C, that I should check again when current statement closes and then try contacting Marriott 🙄
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
My card anniversary is late September and still no cert, am I going to have to call?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:14 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by zymm
My card anniversary is late September and still no cert, am I going to have to call?
Hi zymm, the American Express Card Anniversary Free Night Awards are issued approximately 12 weeks after your account anniversary date; Account anniversary date is the date that is twelve months after your account open date, and the same date each twelve months thereafter. Please note that these Anniversary Free Night Awards are added to your Marriott Bonvoy Account in an automated process - we cannot manually post these Awards to Accounts. If you would like, I'd be more than happy to take a look at your Marriott Bonvoy Account and follow up with you directly. Please send me a PM (Private Mail) here on FT or email me at: [email protected] with your first/last name, Marriott Bonvoy number, and email address. -Leanne
zymm likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: One World
Has anyone had luck getting reimbursed for prepaid room charges booked at Marriott.com? Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Horuseye
Has anyone had luck getting reimbursed for prepaid room charges booked at Marriott.com? Thanks
Yes. $300 credit triggered on prepaid room, took a few days to credit.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 3:24 pm

Programs: One World
Thanks, I was told it would not work and that it is not included in the TC. I cannot find that anywhere in the TC.

Last edited by Horuseye; Jan 17, 2020 at 3:31 pm
Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:56 pm

Hilton prepaid have issues with the Amex aspire resort credit, but that's a separate card altogether
Old Jan 20, 2020, 3:09 pm
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
Limited Priority Pass Benefits?

I searched and found nothing on this - but it appears that the Priority Pass Select deal that comes with this card allows club entry only - no $28 restaurant credits when no club is available?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 3:19 pm

That's the case with all Amex issued Priority Pass cards
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:01 pm
gre

Kind of a big deal

Originally Posted by crimsona
That's the case with all Amex issued Priority Pass cards
This is kind of a big deal for no one, including AmEx (in any of the literature they sent me), to mention.

In my case it appears that 2 of the domestic airports I use most often, DEN and DCA, have no lounges available.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by gre
This is kind of a big deal for no one, including AmEx (in any of the literature they sent me), to mention.
How are you defining "no one"? It got a lot of blog coverage, and there's an FT thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...st-2019-a.html

But I agree with your main point that AMEX is remiss in not mentioning it prominently on the benefits page, and PP also ought to note that not all PP memberships provide restaurant access.

(I did find a notice on a PDF form from AMEX for enrolling in PP but that's rather late to be finding out about it)
EdV likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:48 am
gre

Thanks for the link.
FYI - search AMEX and Priority Pass and it does not come up.
I guess I never thought of researching what you don't get when signing up for a program.
Before signing up I looked at the Priority Pass website and found no mention of this sort of limited membership.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:24 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by zymm
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Please note that these Anniversary Free Night Awards are added to your Marriott Bonvoy Account in an automated process - we cannot manually post these Awards to Accounts. -Leanne
Hello Leanne! Thank you for the help in this forum, much appreciated. I will say that while maybe Marriott cannot manually add the Anniv Nights to our accounts Amex most certainly can do that. My anniversary was also in September and I still hadn't received it. I called Amex 2 days ago and they were able to manually force it to be added to my account. I literally refreshed my screen and saw it now showing up in there. Just wanted people to know they should be calling Amex to get this added quickly.
SPN Lifer, margarita girl and zymm like this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 2:39 pm

Last edited by geoff325; Jan 26, 2020 at 2:42 pm Reason: DM Sent instead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.