Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2020, 5:45 pm

Question about Amex Marriott Sign Up Offers...

I currently have the standard Amex Marriott card (believe it is discontinued now, used to be the SPG Personal). I also have a Chase Marriott card that I received an upgrade offer for in Dec. 2018.

Would I be eligible to receive the 75k bonus on the Amex Bonvoy Business card? Is there anywhere that lays this out clearly? Is upgrading the card considered a new card member bonus?

Welcome offer not available to applicants who (i) have or have had the Marriott BonvoyTM Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM Credit Card from Chase, or the Marriott Rewards® Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 30 days,

(ii) have acquired the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
TM Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy BoldTM Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott BonvoyTM Premier Credit Card from Chase or the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase in the last 90 days, or

(iii) received a new Card Member bonus offer in the last 24 months on the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
TM Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy BoldTM Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott BonvoyTM Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase or the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 9:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Based on the terms above it would seem that you are good to sign up because you don't have any Chase Marriott business cards, your Chase personal card was acquired more than 90 days ago, and I wouldn't consider points from an upgrade as a new card offer.

I believe that when you apply for an Amex card they should have a pop up at some point that will tell you that you are not eligible for the sign up offer and asking if you still want to continue. So you can try signing up for that business card and see what happens.

On a side note, this thread is about the Amex Marriott Brilliant Card (which is a sort of luxury personal card with $450 annual fee), not the Marriott Business Card.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:21 am

Whoops, thanks. Couldn't find a thread for the business card and the old Amex Marriott thread seemed to take me here.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, SPG Gold, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Diamond Golden Circle
Anyone know how I can find out if a purchase will qualify for the Marriott bonus? My question relates to the Cosmo hotel in Las Vegas. I have seen post 554 & 559 that mentions spend at restaurants on property qualifies for the bonus.

What about purchasing Cosmopolitan gift cards? https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/gift-cards

Would this qualify for the bonus? Would it matter if I purchase them online and have them shipped versus purchasing them on property?

Last edited by Zoltar; Feb 1, 2020 at 8:31 am
Old Feb 1, 2020, 11:29 am

Are there any 100k+ offers on the Brilliant floating around? I have lots of targeted offers for Plat but want the brilliant and I've been waiting for something more than the 75k offer.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:30 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, SPG Gold, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Diamond Golden Circle
Originally Posted by Zoltar
Anyone know how I can find out if a purchase will qualify for the Marriott bonus? My question relates to the Cosmo hotel in Las Vegas. I have seen post 554 & 559 that mentions spend at restaurants on property qualifies for the bonus.

What about purchasing Cosmopolitan gift cards? https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/gift-cards

Would this qualify for the bonus? Would it matter if I purchase them online and have them shipped versus purchasing them on property?
Is there anyway to test if a charge will have the 6X Marriott bonus in advance?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:22 am

UPDATE

My upgraded platinum status finally hit...it took about 9 weeks (roughly two billing cycles)!
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:07 pm

When do the 15EQN drop in to the account on a new card application?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pazza2000
The T&C are a good place to look for questions like these

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...0/#offer-terms

"15 Elite Night Credit
For Card Accounts opened on or after 1/1/2019

A maximum of 15 Elite Night credits will be credited to your Marriott Bonvoy™ member account within 60 days upon opening your Card Account. On or before March 1 of each subsequent calendar year, a maximum of 15 Elite Night credits will be credited to your Marriott Bonvoy member account operated by Marriott International, Inc. in accordance with Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions, as long as your Card Account is open as of December 31 of the prior calendar year."
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:07 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Within a week.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
The T&C are a good place to look for questions like these

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...0/#offer-terms

"15 Elite Night Credit
For Card Accounts opened on or after 1/1/2019

A maximum of 15 Elite Night credits will be credited to your Marriott Bonvoy™ member account within 60 days upon opening your Card Account. On or before March 1 of each subsequent calendar year, a maximum of 15 Elite Night credits will be credited to your Marriott Bonvoy member account operated by Marriott International, Inc. in accordance with Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions, as long as your Card Account is open as of December 31 of the prior calendar year."
I’m maybe being stupid here however this still doesn’t seem clear to me, if applying now, with March 1st quickly approaching.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 5:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I’m maybe being stupid here however this still doesn’t seem clear to me, if applying now, with March 1st quickly approaching.
What they're getting at with that language is that even if you applied in January for example and got 15 EQNs right away, you wouldn't get another 15 EQN in March of the same year (hence "subsequent calendar year")
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
What they're getting at with that language is that even if you applied in January for example and got 15 EQNs right away, you wouldn't get another 15 EQN in March of the same year (hence "subsequent calendar year")
Got you, so receive upon application and then March of each subsequent year of card membership
Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:58 pm

So if I applied (my titanium will fall off this year) the nights with the card would bump me up to platinum as was short of qualifying from last years stay amounts?
Old Feb 8, 2020, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles, HHonors (Gold)
Originally Posted by gre
This is kind of a big deal for no one, including AmEx (in any of the literature they sent me), to mention.

In my case it appears that 2 of the domestic airports I use most often, DEN and DCA, have no lounges available.
In addition, the one restaurant in DEN that was part of Priority Pass, Timberline Steaks & Grille, has left the program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.