Westin Prince Toronto leaving 12/17/19
Originally Posted by James Luckard
Sheraton Shenzhen Dameisha leaving 1/1/20
Added! Thanks James Luckard
Old Dec 15, 2019, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt / SPG
Originally Posted by MME2YYZ
Delta Royal Canadian Lodge Banff, left Bonvoy to be an independent hotel Nov30th, 2019
not an legacy SPG, but thanks for the update
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:20 am
Original Poster

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31844337-post5.html

The Met Hotel in Thessaloniki, Greece has left Marriott, however still bookable on Design Hotels™ website.

https://www.designhotels.com/hotels/...loniki/the-met
Old Dec 16, 2019, 4:55 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Design Hotels doesn't really function like Tribute or Autograph, in the sense that those two are simply trading brands of Marriott Corp. Design Hotels is instead a separately run company and consists of around 300 hotels in a chain akin to SLH. SLH of course has done a deal with Hyatt to allow their properties to share the Hyatt website, although not all SLH properties participate. IHG has done a similar deal with “Mr & Mrs Smith”, a somewhat more loosely affiliated grouping than SLH and it is understood that many of their hotels won’t be part of the IHG tie-up. On that basis there’s nothing odd therefore that some Design Hotels dont participate in Bonvoy, perhaps? Well yes, except for the fact that Marriott actually owns the majority of the shares in Design hotels effectively controlling it. Overall it seems a confused position...
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:29 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Bachmair seems to be gone also...
Old Aug 4, 2020, 9:47 am
Original Poster

W Hotel NYC - Downtown closing October 2020

“These documents indicate that the hotel will formally cease operations on October 3, but it appears unlikely that facility’s management company will reopen the hotel (which remains closed) before then, only to close it once more.”

https://www.ebroadsheet.com/the-broa...ses-its-doors/
Old Aug 5, 2020, 1:00 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/08/05/...ember-26-2020/

Another property leaving. Le Meridien Piccadilly. Stayed only once for a couple of nights but I remember the location was amazing. Inside was however a bit dated but they had done some smaller upgrades and my opinion was it was okay back in 2018. So it wasn't that bad. But the location.... Wow. Close to everything.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 1:26 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by joakgarp
https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/08/05/...ember-26-2020/

Another property leaving. Le Meridien Piccadilly. Stayed only once for a couple of nights but I remember the location was amazing. Inside was however a bit dated but they had done some smaller upgrades and my opinion was it was okay back in 2018. So it wasn't that bad. But the location.... Wow. Close to everything.
Whoa, that’s a major blow. This was one of Le Méridien’s legacy and flagship properties, having been part of the chain since 1986. The owners haven’t done a decent job in any way regarding property upgrades - renovations done over the last few years look cheap, lazy and uninspired, and I always wondered why they never gave it the attention it deserved.

Sigh, another loss for Le Méridien. I wonder if we’ll see another property in London, or if the chain will even grow healthily given how it seems to move one step forward and two steps back with its portfolio size.

khabah
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:03 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by khabah
Whoa, that’s a major blow. This was one of Le Méridien’s legacy and flagship properties, having been part of the chain since 1986. The owners haven’t done a decent job in any way regarding property upgrades - renovations done over the last few years look cheap, lazy and uninspired, and I always wondered why they never gave it the attention it deserved.

Sigh, another loss for Le Méridien. I wonder if we’ll see another property in London, or if the chain will even grow healthily given how it seems to move one step forward and two steps back with its portfolio size.

khabah
Have never stayed here given I've never needed to, but I think this place always generated very mixed reviews? I see how the location is amazing / fairly unique for tourists, however.

There is no shortage of Marriott properties in London, the issue to me and the reason why Le Méridien may be leaving / didn't see the point in investing is they are almost all in the same market segment and in direct competition with each other. Marriott must have about 20 of what I'd broadly call "4.5 star" properties within a couple of square miles of West Central London, there is relatively little differentiation between any of them other than slightly different locations and decor, all appealing to the same kind of 'upper upscale' segment in hospitality management speak. Talking here about Le Méridien, Sheraton Grand, Grosvenor House, Marriott Grosvenor Square, Marriott Park Lane, St Ermin's, Marriott County Hall, W, Park Tower, etc. Marriott probably needs both some more proper 5 star properties and some 3 star / limited service properties in this area and less of the same.
joakgarp and TGLoyalty like this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 7:54 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I would imagine some of these like W Downtown are more related to Coronavirus/Covid than issues with their Marriott overlords...
Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In London, most of the Bonvoy properties don't have lounges but LM does, and elites get access.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 1:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
This thread isn't really pertinent anymore. The hotels washing out of Marriott now are not doing it because they liked Starwood better. They are doing it because covid.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 1:35 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by stvr
This thread isn't really pertinent anymore. The hotels washing out of Marriott now are not doing it because they liked Starwood better. They are doing it because covid.
Just change the thread title to "Hotels leaving the Marriott Bonvoy Programm"
Old Aug 7, 2020, 1:36 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I’ll miss the LM Piccadilly as a base of many fond memories.

Hotels are on a more pressing cost-cutting drive due to the coronavirus-related situation. And part of that can mean cutting off affiliations with brand owners/operators and loyalty programs.
unclepants likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
At least there is a now far superior Sheraton Grand just down the street from the LM Piccadilly (didn't use to be like that pre-renovation)
margarita girl and unclepants like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.