Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
I am showing LTPP on both the Marriott app and the website now. 931 nights with 12 years as Platinum. I first noticed it yesterday after seeing this post.

I did have to delete and reinstall the app. Prior it was showing a connection error even though I was connected to my WiFi at home. Not sure if that was related to the sweep, or just a coincidence.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by stimpy
OK, but database interpretation is clearly having issue when I see this....

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 28

Hopefully the routines that determine status are better constructed.
I don't know if that number is lower or higher than you expected, mine is 34 status years with 25 being Platinum. Your 28 averages out to 14 years for each program and sounds very doable to me.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I don't know if that number is lower or higher than you expected, mine is 34 status years with 25 being Platinum. Your 28 averages out to 14 years for each program and sounds very doable to me.
Agreed. Mine shows (in full):

Your lifetime statistics
Nights: 1157
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 30
Years as Gold or Platinum: 25
Years as Platinum: 20

Since I've been a member in both SPG and Marriott Rewards since before the turn of the century, and reached status in each program most (if not all) years, it is doable and not a calculation error from that standpoint.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Maybe if they are counting all those years that I was gifted Marriott Gold via my United Gold MM status? How many years did that run? Otherwise I think I was only a low level elite in Marriott for a couple of years back in the 1990's.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Maybe if they are counting all those years that I was gifted Marriott Gold via my United Gold MM status? How many years did that run? Otherwise I think I was only a low level elite in Marriott for a couple of years back in the 1990's.
That is correct. I've never "earned" Marriott status (in spite of having 350+ nights), but my account shows 5 years of Plat status with Marriott, which I presume was the old Marriott Gold I was comped because of my 1K status. IMO, those years should not count, but I legitimately earned my LTPP with 11 years Plat with SPG and ~800 nights.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
That is correct. I've never "earned" Marriott status (in spite of having 350+ nights), but my account shows 5 years of Plat status with Marriott, which I presume was the old Marriott Gold I was comped because of my 1K status. IMO, those years should not count, but I legitimately earned my LTPP with 11 years Plat with SPG and ~800 nights.
Totally, and respectfully, disagree. Marriott treated status years equally, no matter their source: there was no "Gold Lite" or "Platinum Lite". People relied on this and took actions in reliance. No need to go for that 50th night when you already had the status through another means. Those status years were legitimately earned under the rules existing at the time. I don't have any problem with Marriott changing how they treat status years that are earned going forward, but I have a big problem with these years being devalued after the fact when it is too late for people to cure the problems created by this. This should have nothing to do with how SPG treated status years in the past. SPG members knew what counted and what didn't. Going forward is a different story.
CIT85 and margarita girl like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Can someone tell me where in my account I can find my total lifetime # of nights, points and years?
Thanks.

Newman
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Totally, and respectfully, disagree. Marriott treated status years equally, no matter their source: there was no "Gold Lite" or "Platinum Lite". People relied on this and took actions in reliance. No need to go for that 50th night when you already had the status through another means. Those status years were legitimately earned under the rules existing at the time. I don't have any problem with Marriott changing how they treat status years that are earned going forward, but I have a big problem with these years being devalued after the fact when it is too late for people to cure the problems created by this. This should have nothing to do with how SPG treated status years in the past. SPG members knew what counted and what didn't. Going forward is a different story.
You make a good point. I guess I was only considering people like me who had <5 nights/yr with Marriott and now getting Plat status credit for those years. (I did have quite a few nights from 10+ years ago though.)
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I recall back when SPG began the Lifetime Plat program, they did NOT count years that you were gifted Platinum status. Their T's and C's said you had to EARN platinum status for 10 years. Seems fair. Why give people lifetime status if they didn't earn it?
puntamita likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
I recall back when SPG began the Lifetime Plat program, they did NOT count years that you were gifted Platinum status. Their T's and C's said you had to EARN platinum status for 10 years. Seems fair. Why give people lifetime status if they didn't earn it?
I guess the main thing is that it isn't an SPG lifetime program at this point, and their prior Ts&Cs are pretty much meaningless now.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by bosman
I was a bit nervous as I was just over the line, but sweep happened and I am correctly LTPPE:

Combined Nights 754
MR Points 2,005,800
And now I am UA Silver (after going through the registration process); very surprised how quickly that went through. So a reminder to all the new PPs, register for the UA cross-over status.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I got matched to UA Silver back when there was short window when regular Marriott Platinums could get matched. That status expired yesterday, and I didn't realize the sweep had occurred before then. I did confirm I'm now LT Plat Premier Elite (which I guess is a short LT since it shortly becomes LT Titanium Elite) which then let me cross match back to UA. It wasn't instantaneous back to UA Silver but hopefully updates my account back to Silver in a bit.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LTPPE
LPPE showing but not new program details

Status showing only PPE on both initial online log in and with app. Logging into Choice Benefits, I see the LTPP and total number of years and status.
Spoke to agent and was told they could see my LTPP status and that there was still some IT issues. However, the agent was not aware of the new Bonvoy program and thanked me for letting them know???
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by Saycheese
However, the agent was not aware of the new Bonvoy program and thanked me for letting them know???
Unbelievable, what do CSR really know....
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, Hertz PC
Spoke with a guest experience supervisor from Marriott Senior Elite Services yesterday. She said the sweep was done on Monday, but some accounts will not see an increment in year counter until next Fri, Feb 8th. My app is currently showing 780 nights and 9 years, and the supervisor said I should see 10 years after next week, which qualifies me for LTPP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.