Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
I am not an IT professional, but the word "sweep" implies to me a one time or infrequent "manual" process (ie someone has to "push the button" to initiate it) vs ongoing automated updates. It is possible that Bonvoy will do the sweep again and update your LT status, or they may not.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Marriott has asked multiple times to merge your accounts and there were a bunch who vehemently declined to do so. Marriott has already announced that LTPPE or LTTE is no longer available from 2019 on wards. These people who are merging it now are technically trying to qualify in 2019 and therefore should not be eligible (rules can definitely be interpreted this way). It will be interesting to see what Marriott does with these folks.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium and LTT
I think there's a gray area where there are a few of us who did merge, but needed that 10th year to post (earned in 2018). For us, it posted in 2019, after the sweep, and despite qualifying in 2018 we've been left behind.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bosman
I am not an IT professional, but the word "sweep" implies to me a one time or infrequent "manual" process (ie someone has to "push the button" to initiate it) vs ongoing automated updates. It is possible that Bonvoy will do the sweep again and update your LT status, or they may not.
A "sweep" is process that is either not automatic at all, or else only periodically (as opposed to continually) done. Often it requires writing a special script or program, to do something the normal automatic processes cannot do..

In this case, it is totally unknown what exactly Marriott is going to do further, if anything.

What is the exact scenario that you're asking about? Is something like you have 9 years at SPG through 2017 plus 25+ stays in 2018 at SPG and you're waiting for them to count 2018 as the 10th year (which requires its own sweep because of 25 stays rather than 50 nights), and then update your LT status (which is a separate sweep)?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP Life-Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Prez Circle
Same 🚤

Originally Posted by Marno
I think there's a gray area where there are a few of us who did merge, but needed that 10th year to post (earned in 2018). For us, it posted in 2019, after the sweep, and despite qualifying in 2018 we've been left behind.
2018 was my "10th" year and I crossed it way back in late August, but year 10 still has not posted, nor has my expected 10/750 LT status. Ambassador says every week they get told "two more weeks" so feeling like Tom Hanks stuck in the hotel Money Pit.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Is Lifetime Titanium finished to earn? What I mean is can someone like next year obtain this status or is the highest now someone can earn is Lifetime Platinum?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by mikebor
Is Lifetime Titanium finished to earn? What I mean is can someone like next year obtain this status or is the highest now someone can earn is Lifetime Platinum?
Unless/until the terms of the program are changed, LTTE is finished for earning purposes. The highest now attainable is LTP, as you have correctly surmised.
mikebor likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Unless/until the terms of the program are changed, LTTE is finished for earning purposes. The highest now attainable is LTP, as you have correctly surmised.
I could be wrong of course but why does my gut tell me that within a few years or less that restriction will be lifted. I don't know I just think as a chain trying to cater to millennials will start receiving boatloads of complaints from them about this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
I could be wrong of course but why does my gut tell me that within a few years or less that restriction will be lifted. I don't know I just think as a chain trying to cater to millennials will start receiving boatloads of complaints from them about this.
I think you may well be proven correct in the long run - many potential factors may drive such a decision. Time will tell, obviously...
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
I think you may well be proven correct in the long run - many potential factors may drive such a decision. Time will tell, obviously...
I agree, I would not be surprised if that is the case as well. I would expect the qualification be set so that it incentivize LTP with presumably the bulk of the road warrior days behind them to continue stay with MAR corp.
That is customers with higher personal purchasing power but with less frequent business travel. Maybe 900 LT nights and 10Y as Plt+.
One necessary condition for this to work as an incentive is of course that LT Tit benefits can be distinguished from benefits as LT Plt if they are kept opaque and mostly non-advertised (or are non-existent) ... the bulk of people would just settle for LTP ...
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Lifetime nights/years

looks like the sweep is in progress. Many have received lifetime nights that were past due. Has anybody received lifetime year credit from 2018?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:39 am
FT

Originally Posted by TravelerPro
2018 was my "10th" year and I crossed it way back in late August, but year 10 still has not posted, nor has my expected 10/750 LT status. Ambassador says every week they get told "two more weeks" so feeling like Tom Hanks stuck in the hotel Money Pit.
Any update @travelpro? I'm still waiting for my 10th year to post as well. Was told sweeps will be happening through the end of February, but my years have yet to increment. Marriott has supposedly escalated and asked me to wait an additional few weeks.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP Life-Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Prez Circle
As of tonight no change. My ambassador says they are STILL working on it, my loyalty case is still open, and it might take another few weeks to even get a final answer. Very frustrating.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
FWIW, I've been showing LTTitanium (as expected) since February 13 (or around there).
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:16 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

my gut tell[s] me that within a few years or less that restriction will be lifted.
My gut tells me the opposite. Look around. The trend in frequent traveler programs is fewer lifetime benefits, not more. If anything, LT Titanium was too easy to earn. Ten years (or fewer) does not a lifetime make.
kennycrudup and Jaunts like this.

Last edited by dayone; Mar 7, 2019 at 4:37 pm Reason: Fix quote.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.