Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Deleted. Accidental post. Sorry.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Where are you seeing this? If it's a list of lifetime statuses that someone can earn, then it makes total sense, since no who hasn't earned Lifetime Titanium in 2018 or earlier (computed in early 2019) can ever earn it again. So why bother documenting (in a place visible to those who don't have that status yet) a lifetime status that can't be earned by anyone who doesn't have it already?

Didn't you notice that for the past several months there was no documentation on Marriott's website of how to earn LTPP either, and yet a bunch of us did just earn it?

If you haven't noticed, everything Marriott lately has been focused on only documenting the future, not longer documenting the present let alone the past. (Eg, post Aug 18 they no longer documented lifetime status earning qualifications pre-2019, you had to already know those or look them up on some third-party source -- such as FT -- by that point.)

So stop reading so much into Marriott's very selective documentation post-merger. Marriott's documentation department seems to be only slightly better than their IT department (which is such a low bar !).
You're not pickin up what I'm puttin down. I dont read rumors from 3rd parties. I rely on the actual documents. As I said if there is no documentation that a titanium of the lifetime variety exists, for everyone involved it doesnt. How would a hotel know unless your account states that it's something different than the regular LTPE?. Hard to get a benefit if a given status doesn't exist.

eta: for all you guy's sake I hope you're right. But I know how the agents are being trained and there's no mention of a lifetime titanium. Marriott training is terrible vs spg training but it's usually complete for those that are interested enough in their job to do the extra homework. There was nothing at all in the training about a lifetime titanium level. As said maybe they will add it later, who knows?

Last edited by thebackcourse; Feb 13, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by thebackcourse
You're not pickin up what I'm puttin down. I dont read rumors from 3rd parties. I rely on the actual documents. As I said if there is no documentation that a titanium of the lifetime variety exists, for everyone involved it doesnt. How would a hotel know unless your account states that it's something different than the regular LTPE?. Hard to get a benefit if a given status doesn't exist.
I’m sorry, but this doesn’t seem to make any sense (unless I too am not pickin up what yer putting down). As of today, several of us have a LT status of Titanium. And there is a Titanium status that is higher than Plat. So when my Ambassador status likely goes away in 2020, I will drop down to Titanium status and never go below that level for life. So when I check in, I honestly don’t care if hotel staff knows that I’m LTTE - just so long as they see that I’m Titanium and prioritized for upgrades over anyone with Plat/LTP status or below.

Are you suggesting that because LTTE isn’t displayed to the public (which makes sense since it’s a one-off thing that can no longer be earned) that it flat out doesn’t exist - in spite of the fact that many of us show that exact status in our accounts? Apologies if I’m missing your point.
sdsearch and CLEguy like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:25 pm

eta: for all you guy's sake I hope you're right. But I know how the agents are being trained and there's no mention of a lifetime titanium. Marriott training is terrible vs spg training but it's usually complete for those that are interested enough in their job to do the extra homework. There was nothing at all in the training about a lifetime titanium level. As said maybe they will add it later, who knows?
Why in the world would that even be necessary? For the rest of my life, whenever I check into a hotel the minimum status that the FD will see will be Titanium. Why in the world would I care if they know it’s LT or not? And probably I would prefer not, since they may wonder whether or not I stayed 75+ nights the year prior or 3 if they knew it was LT. Your argument is based on a complete non sequitur. And since you obviously didn’t earn LTTE (or you’d see for yourself that it is indeed a thing), what is the ultimate point of it?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:35 pm

Cut and pasted from my Marriott Bonvoy "Overview" page (So someone at Marriott thinks that there is such a thing.):

You are Lifetime Titanium Elite

RogerD408 and sdsearch like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:40 pm

Good news it is updated in the system so it looks like it's just another failure in training. Life was so much easier under the SPG regime. Information was rolled out beforehand so the people taking calls would know what was going on. Now they hear as the call comes in or whenever Marriott gets around to telling the front line troops what's happening. But I am glad for those of you that earned that status. So in completely unusual form for the internet I'll own up to being wrong.
CCIE_Flyer likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:00 pm

Good news it is updated in the system so it looks like it's just another failure in training. Life was so much easier under the SPG regime. Information was rolled out beforehand so the people taking calls would know what was going on. Now they hear as the call comes in or whenever Marriott gets around to telling the front line troops what's happening. But I am glad for those of you that earned that status. So in completely unusual form for the internet I'll own up to being wrong.
It's hard to figure out what's going on when Marriott's reps don't know.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, Hertz PC
Still seeing 9 lifetime years and lifetime gold. My ambassador said the expected delivery date for lifetime status will be posted on accounts mid to late Feb. Hoping my year counter gets incremented to 10 so I can get LTPP. If not, will try escalating since I have a voicemail confirming I would get LTPP.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dt408sc02
Still seeing 9 lifetime years and lifetime gold. My ambassador said the expected delivery date for lifetime status will be posted on accounts mid to late Feb. Hoping my year counter gets incremented to 10 so I can get LTPP. If not, will try escalating since I have a voicemail confirming I would get LTPP.
I don't think a voicemail from a random agent will mean much, nor would an email message for something like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by dt408sc02
Mine is showing LTP and should be Lifetime Titanic. Two days ago I was informed to give it a week or two and if still not corrected to call back and they would open a file.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC - SE, SPG - Platinum, HGP - Diamond
I had a case ticket opened today. Unfortunately, it took talking with 4 agents before one even recognized that there is such thing as Lifetime Titatium/LTPP.

The agent said 5 business days for a response...we'll see

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Mine is showing LTP and should be Lifetime Titanic. Two days ago I was informed to give it a week or two and if still not corrected to call back and they would open a file.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by wolvie007
I had a case ticket opened today. Unfortunately, it took talking with 4 agents before one even recognized that there is such thing as Lifetime Titatium/LTPP.

The agent said 5 business days for a response...we'll see
I have had Marriott fill out a case ticket for me, and they never responded. Good luck!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Mine is showing LTP and should be Lifetime Titanic.
Favorite post of the week!
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:39 am

Just merged my account

My SPG and Marriott accounts just merged yesterday. Total points are combined correctly.
Prior to merge: (by 12/31/2018)
SPG LT Gold with 600+ LT nights, 7 years PLT AND
Marriot 400+ LT nights and 7 years PLT.

Post merge:
My account shows Lifetime Platinum Elite. When I click on Details under LT PLT Elite it shows 1000+ lifetime nights and 14 years PLT.

So, does it normally take a while after the merge for the sweep process to take place? I would have thought since I was merging this late, it would directly go to LTPPE?

Last edited by kgdg; Feb 19, 2019 at 7:49 am Reason: Added details
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by kgdg
My SPG and Marriott accounts just merged yesterday. Total points are combined correctly.
Prior to merge: (by 12/31/2018)
SPG LT Gold with 600+ LT nights, 7 years PLT AND
Marriot 400+ LT nights and 7 years PLT.

Post merge:
My account shows Lifetime Platinum Elite. When I click on Details under LT PLT Elite it shows 1000+ lifetime nights and 14 years PLT.

So, does it normally take a while after the merge for the sweep process to take place? I would have thought since I was merging this late, it would directly go to LTPPE?
The merge occured back in August, so you must mean you just combined your accounts. LTT (LTPP is no longer a status) is not an earnable status so why would they have code to check for whenever the member decides to combine their accounts? They have run the sweep (at least from what I see) and apparently neither of your accounts qualified so the sweep worked as designen. They gave notice months ago about the need for accounts to be combined if needed to get legacy status. You may be out of luck unless you can find a CSR that is willing/able to force the status change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.