Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by TravelerPro
As of tonight no change. My ambassador says they are STILL working on it, my loyalty case is still open, and it might take another few weeks to even get a final answer. Very frustrating.
I'm in the same boat, although the first time around loyalty came back and said I was short a year. I've passed on all the screenshots / emails / master statements etc. via the Marriott Lurker and hoping to get this sorted. Shocking that after merging accounts they basically have no idea what things looked like before, and the burden is on the customer.
jimdarcy likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:29 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I think Lifetime Titanium will end up being offered and I expect it to be something that will take a long time to reach. Bearing in mind the small difference between Plat and Titanium I reckon it’ll be more for the completists out there. 1,000 nights and 10 years at Lifetime Plat means it will take 20 years minimum which does I think a lifetime make!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Remember, the original intention of LTT was to allow those who had earned lifetime 75-night status in the legacy Marriott program to keep that. But when enough Starwood folks complained, they opened a path to qualify by nights+years, using the only data that was available in the SPG databases. And so they also had to let legacy Marriott folks qualify by those same metrics.

The end result was that to qualify for LTT, you needed 10 years of 50-night status (plus total nights). It's possible, or even likely, that even some folks from the Marriott side now have lifetime 75 night status having never once qualified for annual 75 night status. For example, 15 years at 50 nights would do it.

If Bonvoy ever does decide to re-open lifetime titanium qualification, it would only make sense that the qualifier would be 10 years at titanium, not 10 years at platinum.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG is all that's left.
Despite some Lurker help, I'm still not "swept" either. I had a CS supervisor assure me that although I have met the LT Gold requirements, I'd just have to wait until they get to my account. At this point, I'll be surprised if that ever happens.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by flyino07
Despite some Lurker help, I'm still not "swept" either. I had a CS supervisor assure me that although I have met the LT Gold requirements, I'd just have to wait until they get to my account. At this point, I'll be surprised if that ever happens.
It would be interesting to know what is causing the issue. Are the accounts combined? Did you combine MR & SPG or RC & SPG? DId you take screen shots of the account(s) before year end? DId they give any clues? Although just mentioning MR IT is all that is needed to impart fouled up, sometimes there is a strange underlying issue.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: Marriott LTG is all that's left.
Originally Posted by RogerD408
It would be interesting to know what is causing the issue. Are the accounts combined? Did you combine MR & SPG or RC & SPG? DId you take screen shots of the account(s) before year end? DId they give any clues? Although just mentioning MR IT is all that is needed to impart fouled up, sometimes there is a strange underlying issue.
I only combined recently (MR & SPG), long after I got the following message: "I have reviewed your query and thank you for taking the time to address your concerns. Even though, the Lifetime Gold is not reflecting onto your account yet, we can see that the requirement has been met. The accounts are still being reviewed and members will be informed of their updated level accordingly when completed."

That message was from a month ago; I checked back in two weeks ago as I had been promised some courtesy points to "restore faith in" the program, which I hadn't received. It took them a week to respond and while they credited those points, they were unable to give me even a timeframe when the adjustment would be made: "Regarding the lifetime Gold, this is still in working process and we hope to have this updated soon, however, I am unable to give you an actual timeframe for this."

I just barely made the Gold cutoff (at exactly 250 nights), had taken screenshots, et cetera. What I don't understand is that (1) they seem to be making manual account updates anyways, so (2) if those supervisors are looking into accounts already, why can't they just make the adjustments on the spot? Oh well, the mysteries of Marriott IT.

The issue isn't that I need the LT Gold bump, as it wouldn't improve my current benefits. I just don't want to have this off of my plate and I have zero trust in Marriott to eventually get it right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.