Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by josep
I just noticed my status changed to LTPPE recently, both on the Website and App. It was Lifetime Platinum Elite the previous time I checked.
The Nights count is correct at 1,661.
But Platinum Years is not correct, as it says 9 years and should be 10 (achieved during 2018) - I suppose the years count will be updated soon.
So you're saying your 2018 qualification was counted to get you to 10 years/LTPPE, even though (like most others) the 2018 qualification has not yet incremented your years counter?

It never made sense that they would run the LT status job before the year increment job. But maybe they did run some version of the year increment job, but it's just not yet showing the results to the members.

Interesting data point, thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by swag
So you're saying your 2018 qualification was counted to get you to 10 years/LTPPE, even though (like most others) the 2018 qualification has not yet incremented your years counter?

It never made sense that they would run the LT status job before the year increment job. But maybe they did run some version of the year increment job, but it's just not yet showing the results to the members.

Interesting data point, thanks.
Or with that many nights, crossing 2M legacy MR points was a distant memory...
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG is all that's left.
Originally Posted by flyino07
Nothing on the Lifetime Gold front, either (250 nights, 9 years gold or platinum). Still shows Lifetime Silver Elite.
Well, mine OTOH is still showing only Silver Elite. I don't really feel like being on hold for hours with the phone people, perhaps a lurker could look into my case?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rooivalk
does anyone know if linked years count towards the Plat year count?

It depends on the program. Years linked from Marriott into SPG appear to have counted. Years liked from SPG to Marriott didn't count as far as I know.

Marriott didn't mean for linked years to count, it's just they had too little control over SPG (which apparently didn't maintain clear enough records to sort it all out after several years of linking) to ensure that linked years didn't count on the SPG side.

In any case, at this point, it's whatever years it shows for you that counted. You're not likely to be able to change that count now.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 29, 2019 at 6:49 pm
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:22 pm

web and mobile both finally show me as lifetime PPE as well. debating whether to actually go ahead and make my ambassador (who is beyond worthless, btw) happy and combine my accounts before midnight. i just don't trust marriott IT any more than i trust marriott wrt anything. my autopilot instinct as soon as i saw the lifetime PPE was to immediately screen shot it on each platform- that kinda speaks volumes right there...
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
This morning, I logged into the Marriott Rewards site, went to Account Overview, and saw "You are Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite." So in my case, the sweep has happened with a couple of January days to spare.

FWIW, I had 1157 lifetime nights and 20 years Platinum (across both SPG and MR programs).

In reality, it should be 21 years Platinum, as I achieved Platinum again in December 2018 (with 75 nights, exactly, due to a late November 2018 stay), and I was already at 20 years Platinum earlier in 2018. But I'm not going to complain, since the result is the same. And it may be that the counter will eventually catch up.

Last edited by Seattlenerd; Jan 30, 2019 at 7:07 am Reason: Added counter mis-match
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
One thing to keep in mind what we see on the website or the app is not the actual data on the back office systems that would be used to run the sweeps and it seems they use different processes to move data between the systems, that's why I think we see nights change before transactions show up. It would be nice if there was some entry to advise us when the last updates happened. That might answer the question about why things don't post quickly.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Thumbs up

I was LTP and 750+ nights with SPG/MR combined. Yesterday I was Lifetime Platinum Elite, today I signed in and am Platinum Premier Elite but the lifetime is gone. I have emailed Marriott asking what happened, but am wondering if anyone else had the lifetime status drop? Or is it possible that multiple programs have to run to update the lifetime part of the status? Will update when I get a response from Marriott....

Update: A very quick response:
Thank you for contact SPG/Marriott Rewards. I welcome this opportunity to assist you.

I do apologize for the confusion, as of right now we have a dedicated team who are currently reviewing and manually updating accounts from the 2018 qualifications as well were a getting ready for the changes with the new loyalty program coming in February which have might of temporally took your status off Please try and log out and log back into your account in a little bit and it should be reflecting correctly. I have gone a head a looked into your account and I can confirm that you still have your Lifetime Platinum Status.

We appreciate your loyalty as a Lifetime Platinum member and we look forward to hosting you on your future journeys.

Last edited by mtowndrow; Jan 30, 2019 at 8:54 am
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mtowndrow
I was LTP and 750+ nights with SPG/MR combined. Yesterday I was Lifetime Platinum Elite, today I signed in and am Platinum Premier Elite but the lifetime is gone. I have emailed Marriott asking what happened, but am wondering if anyone else had the lifetime status drop? Or is it possible that multiple programs have to run to update the lifetime part of the status? Will update when I get a response from Marriott....

Thank you for contact SPG/Marriott Rewards. I welcome this opportunity to assist you.

I do apologize for the confusion, as of right now we have a dedicated team who are currently reviewing and manually updating accounts from the 2018 qualifications as well were a getting ready for the changes with the new loyalty program coming in February which have might of temporally took your status off Please try and log out and log back into your account in a little bit and it should be reflecting correctly. I have gone a head a looked into your account and I can confirm that you still have your Lifetime Platinum Status.

We appreciate your loyalty as a Lifetime Platinum member and we look forward to hosting you on your future journeys.
Another data point to reflect Marriott IT’s incompetence.

Did you try to log out and log back in as this CSR suggested? Did you get your LT back in the app?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

Your post sparked in my mind and I went back to check and the only place that shows me as Lifetime is on the Activity Overview page down below. All other references just show Platinum Premier Elite. I thought I remembered seeing Lifetime all over the place. I do have the infinity symbol showing everywhere, so I don't think I've lost anything.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)

If this is indeed correct the IT merger mess must much bigger than I previously thought. If the "sweep", at least partly, consists of manually scanning accounts for 2018 activity I wonder how the temporal account activity data is actually stored ... really strange ... I know that temporal data is more challenging to store efficiently than static data but this is plain weird ...
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by stimpy
OK, but database interpretation is clearly having issue when I see this....

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 28

Hopefully the routines that determine status are better constructed.
Are you kidding? I'd LOVE that mistake. I would be calling constantly, telling them DYKWIA? I'm the guy with TWENTY EIGHT years.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:48 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I disagree. Overcounting hurts everyone who truly earned LTPP based on accurate information. Many of the associated published benefits (upgrades) are zero sum, so if people are given LTPP in error, the ones who really earned it will lose upgrades as a result. Moreover, if the program has far more LTPPs than were anticipated and used in the calculations, longer term we can expect our other LTPP benefits (extra points earnings, for example) to be enhanced away or otherwise devalued.
It looks like Marriott is following the footsteps of airlines frequent flyer program. The true benefits will have spending thresholds starting from the Ambassador Tier. The Platinum Premier Elite (Bonvoy Titanium) tier and the Platinum (Bonvoy Platinum) tier already have annual night requirements to get the Suite Night Awards. That is probably the more rational way to link revenue and benefits. This way, even lifetime members need to rely on annual nights and meet spending thresholds to get the real goodies.

I do think the ambassador level would be flexible on spending for members who live outside of North America, Europe and Australia. For members in South- East Asia like say Thailand or Malaysia, they could be travelling in the same intensity as the North American counterparts but because their nations living standards/wages are just not as high as the west, so may not breach the $US 20,000 threshold.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
Originally Posted by yeunganson
It looks like Marriott is following the footsteps of airlines frequent flyer program. The true benefits will have spending thresholds starting from the Ambassador Tier. The Platinum Premier Elite (Bonvoy Titanium) tier and the Platinum (Bonvoy Platinum) tier already have annual night requirements to get the Suite Night Awards. That is probably the more rational way to link revenue and benefits. This way, even lifetime members need to rely on annual nights and meet spending thresholds to get the real goodies.

I do think the ambassador level would be flexible on spending for members who live outside of North America, Europe and Australia. For members in South- East Asia like say Thailand or Malaysia, they could be travelling in the same intensity as the North American counterparts but because their nations living standards/wages are just not as high as the west, so may not breach the $US 20,000 threshold.
Now showing LTPPE - 15 Years PLT between programs, 1100 nights...just barely got it in for January...

But I agree, LTT in the new program will still not be the real bennies, that will come from the 20K spend, of which I am doubtful to ever hit...too much time for me overseas spent in hotels that are rarely over $175/night. Even though 100+ nights a year is common for me.

Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CoMooter

Now showing LTPPE - 15 Years PLT between programs, 1100 nights...just barely got it in for January...

But I agree, LTT in the new program will still not be the real bennies, that will come from the 20K spend, of which I am doubtful to ever hit...too much time for me overseas spent in hotels that are rarely over $175/night. Even though 100+ nights a year is common for me.

My only hope that I will get to access the lounge when I travel to Asia. I am not setting my expectations higher than that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.