Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Plat counter is 50+ nights/year at this point - but nevertheless 19 years is certainly impressive!
Originally Posted by margarita girl

More likely overlapping years with Marriott and SPG. Remember with SPG you could get Plat with 50 nights, or even 25 stays.

I’ll bet when I combine my accounts, I’ll have 16 yrs of Plat status even though I never earned status with Marriott. I just realized however that I did have comp Gold status with Marriott thanks to my UA 1K status. That must be why I have 5 yrs of Plat status with Marriott.
​​​​​​​

I enjoy sleeping in hotels but I don't know if I could do it for 19 years or even 15 years consecutive.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:51 am

Swept up over weekend from LTPE to LTPPE, having 1000+ stays and 10+ years SPG. Edited to add that Member Since is not accurate, indicating just 55% of real membership in legacy program-however the "years as" summary in Overview is correct, but on the App, "years as" all at 0.

Last edited by shoodawg; Jan 28, 2019 at 7:39 am
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
​​​​​​​

I enjoy sleeping in hotels but I don't know if I could do it for 19 years or even 15 years consecutive.
As long as I'm treated like a princess, I could go on forever.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: Starwood Preferred Guest
My account has been updated to LTPPE on the website but on the App it is still showing LTPE. Tried to sign out / sign in the App, no changes happened. Don't know why.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:51 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Ditto for me. LTT, here we come!

LT counter remained the same since the Aug 18 merge + subsequent activity.

Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 930
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 27
Years as Gold or Platinum: 20
Years as Platinum: 12
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Updated to LTPP on both website and App. So happy I did not have to call!!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
LTPPE here too.
1335 Nights
22 Years as Platinum (no idea how I got that many as I had only 10 years Plat with SPG and 2 -3 years with Marriott)
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: WN A+CP, UAL, Marriott LTPPE
Website and App both show LTPPE ^^ Can't wait to BONVOY
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: AA-EXP 3MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
All good on my end LTPPE 865 nights and 18 years Platinum
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: SPG Plat and that is that!
Please forgive me if this detracts from the thread. I've tried to figure it out but ...

I have been swept to LTP. 575 nights, 12 years Plat,14 years Gold, 17 years Silver. 80% or so of stays and nights are legacy SPG. Primarily trying to figure out ...

1. Why did I get LTP at 575, thought it had to be 600? It's no matter, just curious, since I would have been at 600 by early Spring anyways.
2. If I had gotten to 600 nights, would I have ended up at LTPP and hence Titanium?

Based on all of my knowledge, I would have needed 750 nights, not 600, so I considered that not doable.

Last year was only my 9th year of SPG Plat, so I would have needed to wait until the end of this year to make Lifetime without the combination of programs, so I thought LTPP was just not possible.

Did I make a mistake in calculation?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:36 am

Now "lifetime" Plat... but my status is still showing Platinum and not Platinum Premier. I had 73 nights in 2018 because my last two credit card night credits didn't post until first week of January (In the past, they've always posted around the 29th of each month). I'm now showing two nights in 2019. I called Marriott and they said there's nothing they can do (interesting I was routed to Starwood customer service). Chase is now working on it. Was irked enough to book my first Hilton stay of the year next week.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:19 am

The good news: like most other posters, I got correctly upgraded to LTPP. The bad news: until this process got started I had not realized I had 1,020 nights in Marriott/Starwood hotels. That's a lot of nights in a hotel!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP/CK, SPG LT Platinum(RIP), Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Same here, LTPP shows up today. Now to get some United Status for those once in a blue moon United flights.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
And for those keeping track at home, the group of us who qualified for LTG under SPG legacy rules in 2018 (250 nights & 5 years of Gold+) also got our sweep! I'm now lifetime gold, which is great as I do not anticipate renewing Platinum Premier Elite (or even Platinum) this year.

The new rules have me 6 years away from LTP and I'm 1/5th of the way there for Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, so I feel Hyatt is going to be the better status lifetime status to achieve, especially since I can never get LTPP. Although with my luck, I'll be close to Lifetime Globalist and that will be when Hyatt is going through it's own mega merger
dw likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
As long as I'm treated like a princess, I could go on forever.
we took early retirement 18 years ago so that we could travel while we were still healthy enough to do so. I made a Marriott Platinum for the last 13 consecutive years and have almost 1,200 nights and now very pleased to be LTPP. The last couple years were a bit challenging to remain a PLAT but my wife, like Margarita Girl DOES enjoy being treated like a princess , so pushed to find a way to do the 75 nights. To be honest I am a bit relieved that I will not 'need to" do 75 nights every year any more and can occasionally try some other properties. Having said that, have done 16 nights this year already, thanks to the Canadian winters which we try and avoid.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.