Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 27, 19, 7:55 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Wiki Link
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jan 31, 19, 7:47 am
  #361  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, British Airways Avios, Marriott Rewards
Posts: 1,373
I am showing LTPP on both the Marriott app and the website now. 931 nights with 12 years as Platinum. I first noticed it yesterday after seeing this post.

I did have to delete and reinstall the app. Prior it was showing a connection error even though I was connected to my WiFi at home. Not sure if that was related to the sweep, or just a coincidence.
GregWTravels is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 19, 7:56 am
  #362  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Florida
Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Posts: 11,252
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
OK, but database interpretation is clearly having issue when I see this....

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 28

Hopefully the routines that determine status are better constructed.
I don't know if that number is lower or higher than you expected, mine is 34 status years with 25 being Platinum. Your 28 averages out to 14 years for each program and sounds very doable to me.
RogerD408 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 19, 9:12 am
  #363  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SEA
Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Posts: 3,035
Originally Posted by RogerD408 View Post
I don't know if that number is lower or higher than you expected, mine is 34 status years with 25 being Platinum. Your 28 averages out to 14 years for each program and sounds very doable to me.
Agreed. Mine shows (in full):

Your lifetime statistics
Nights: 1157
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 30
Years as Gold or Platinum: 25
Years as Platinum: 20


Since I've been a member in both SPG and Marriott Rewards since before the turn of the century, and reached status in each program most (if not all) years, it is doable and not a calculation error from that standpoint.
Seattlenerd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 19, 9:17 am
  #364  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 31,094
Originally Posted by RogerD408 View Post
I don't know if that number is lower or higher than you expected, mine is 34 status years with 25 being Platinum. Your 28 averages out to 14 years for each program and sounds very doable to me.
Maybe if they are counting all those years that I was gifted Marriott Gold via my United Gold MM status? How many years did that run? Otherwise I think I was only a low level elite in Marriott for a couple of years back in the 1990's.
stimpy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 19, 11:12 am
  #365  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto vicinity
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Posts: 11,352
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Maybe if they are counting all those years that I was gifted Marriott Gold via my United Gold MM status? How many years did that run? Otherwise I think I was only a low level elite in Marriott for a couple of years back in the 1990's.
That is correct. I've never "earned" Marriott status (in spite of having 350+ nights), but my account shows 5 years of Plat status with Marriott, which I presume was the old Marriott Gold I was comped because of my 1K status. IMO, those years should not count, but I legitimately earned my LTPP with 11 years Plat with SPG and ~800 nights.
margarita girl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 19, 11:31 am
  #366  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Programs: AA LTPlat; UA Plat; MR LTT
Posts: 979
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
That is correct. I've never "earned" Marriott status (in spite of having 350+ nights), but my account shows 5 years of Plat status with Marriott, which I presume was the old Marriott Gold I was comped because of my 1K status. IMO, those years should not count, but I legitimately earned my LTPP with 11 years Plat with SPG and ~800 nights.
Totally, and respectfully, disagree. Marriott treated status years equally, no matter their source: there was no "Gold Lite" or "Platinum Lite". People relied on this and took actions in reliance. No need to go for that 50th night when you already had the status through another means. Those status years were legitimately earned under the rules existing at the time. I don't have any problem with Marriott changing how they treat status years that are earned going forward, but I have a big problem with these years being devalued after the fact when it is too late for people to cure the problems created by this. This should have nothing to do with how SPG treated status years in the past. SPG members knew what counted and what didn't. Going forward is a different story.
CIT85 and margarita girl like this.
Ord Liza is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 19, 12:07 pm
  #367  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Posts: 202
Can someone tell me where in my account I can find my total lifetime # of nights, points and years?
Thanks.

Newman
Newman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 19, 12:20 pm
  #368  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto vicinity
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Posts: 11,352
Originally Posted by Ord Liza View Post
Totally, and respectfully, disagree. Marriott treated status years equally, no matter their source: there was no "Gold Lite" or "Platinum Lite". People relied on this and took actions in reliance. No need to go for that 50th night when you already had the status through another means. Those status years were legitimately earned under the rules existing at the time. I don't have any problem with Marriott changing how they treat status years that are earned going forward, but I have a big problem with these years being devalued after the fact when it is too late for people to cure the problems created by this. This should have nothing to do with how SPG treated status years in the past. SPG members knew what counted and what didn't. Going forward is a different story.
You make a good point. I guess I was only considering people like me who had <5 nights/yr with Marriott and now getting Plat status credit for those years. (I did have quite a few nights from 10+ years ago though.)
margarita girl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 19, 10:52 pm
  #369  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 31,094
I recall back when SPG began the Lifetime Plat program, they did NOT count years that you were gifted Platinum status. Their T's and C's said you had to EARN platinum status for 10 years. Seems fair. Why give people lifetime status if they didn't earn it?
puntamita likes this.
stimpy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 19, 12:20 am
  #370  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: COS
Programs: UA Plat/1.5MM, SPG P100, Marriott LTP(P, coming to you in Jan '19), Hertz Prez, CBP GE, et al
Posts: 1,729
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
I recall back when SPG began the Lifetime Plat program, they did NOT count years that you were gifted Platinum status. Their T's and C's said you had to EARN platinum status for 10 years. Seems fair. Why give people lifetime status if they didn't earn it?
I guess the main thing is that it isn't an SPG lifetime program at this point, and their prior Ts&Cs are pretty much meaningless now.
CCIE_Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 19, 7:01 am
  #371  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Programs: AA Plat/2MM, UA Silver, DL Plat (challenge), Marr LTTitanium, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Posts: 700
Originally Posted by bosman View Post
I was a bit nervous as I was just over the line, but sweep happened and I am correctly LTPPE:

Combined Nights 754
MR Points 2,005,800
And now I am UA Silver (after going through the registration process); very surprised how quickly that went through. So a reminder to all the new PPs, register for the UA cross-over status.
bosman is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 19, 7:25 am
  #372  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Pittsburgh
Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Posts: 4,885
I got matched to UA Silver back when there was short window when regular Marriott Platinums could get matched. That status expired yesterday, and I didn't realize the sweep had occurred before then. I did confirm I'm now LT Plat Premier Elite (which I guess is a short LT since it shortly becomes LT Titanium Elite) which then let me cross match back to UA. It wasn't instantaneous back to UA Silver but hopefully updates my account back to Silver in a bit.
pitflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 19, 9:46 pm
  #373  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MSN
Programs: DL Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LTPPE
Posts: 60
LPPE showing but not new program details

Status showing only PPE on both initial online log in and with app. Logging into Choice Benefits, I see the LTPP and total number of years and status.
Spoke to agent and was told they could see my LTPP status and that there was still some IT issues. However, the agent was not aware of the new Bonvoy program and thanked me for letting them know???
Saycheese is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 19, 10:38 pm
  #374  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: LHR
Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB Titanium
Posts: 716
Originally Posted by Saycheese View Post
However, the agent was not aware of the new Bonvoy program and thanked me for letting them know???
Unbelievable, what do CSR really know....
X-ON is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 19, 1:32 am
  #375  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Programs: UA GS, Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, Hertz PC
Posts: 12
Spoke with a guest experience supervisor from Marriott Senior Elite Services yesterday. She said the sweep was done on Monday, but some accounts will not see an increment in year counter until next Fri, Feb 8th. My app is currently showing 780 nights and 9 years, and the supervisor said I should see 10 years after next week, which qualifies me for LTPP.
dt408sc02 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread