Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2021, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
I asked this question on Twitter, and they said that the bonus nights do not count towards status earning.
Presumably you mean status match / challenges.

By definition the double night promo counts towards "status earning".
Old Jan 21, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Presumably you mean status match / challenges.

By definition the double night promo counts towards "status earning".
Yes, status match. I guess status match and Q1 promo (double Elite Night Credits) not working together.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 1:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Hi all-

I'm a long time (10+ years) Hyatt Globalist (Diamond before that) who is still very happy with Hyatt and well on my way to lifetime Globalist. That said, it is very likely that I'm going to have a pile of Marriott stays in 2022 so I'm wondering if there is any value to a status match/challenge. I've had Marriott Gold for a while thanks to my UA 1K status, but have never been blown away by what that gets me in my limited Marriott stays. If I ask for a Plat. challenge is the treatment worthwhile over gold? I would be unlikely to migrate away from Hyatt going forward, but likely will have some level of recurring Marriott stays for the foreseeable future.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by HB7
Hi All,

I have called Marriott about this and they said it is currently suspended - does anyone know if there is a way to request it. Or is it definitely suspended and no way around it?
I have found Marriott particularly unwilling to give a customer any kind of break. I had stayed a lot of nights just before I found out about the challenge but they refused to cut me any kind of break in spite of being a member since the 1980s.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 10:04 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by honest_abe
I have found Marriott particularly unwilling to give a customer any kind of break. I had stayed a lot of nights just before I found out about the challenge but they refused to cut me any kind of break in spite of being a member since the 1980s.
It sucks they didn’t cut you a break (imo it’s in good form to do so) but the actual terms of the challenge explicitly state there is no retroactive registration. It is what it is.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 7:13 pm

Is the Platinum Status challenge still open for registration? (Paid Stay for 16 nights in 3 months). If it is I would be very much interested to take it. Has anyone successfully registered for a Status challenge lately?
Old Dec 25, 2021, 9:58 am

Would anyone here know if there is a difference on hitting my 16 nights on Dec 29th vs January 1st next year? Ie. Would the status be valid for a year longer in the second case - or doesnt the challenge work in this way? Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Does the challenge work with nights booked via a corporate travel agent?

Do the nights have to be booked after the challenge is approved, or do prior bookings for nights during the challenge period count?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by manord
Does the challenge work with nights booked via a corporate travel agent?

Do the nights have to be booked after the challenge is approved, or do prior bookings for nights during the challenge period count?
Actual stays after the challenge is approved shall count towards the challenge. Booking could have been made before the challenge, not an issue.

Last edited by Nitin Moryani; Mar 22, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:32 am

Hi, I am finally returning to travels after the Covid hiatus.

I'm enrolled in the bonus Elite Night Credit (ending 4 May) AND a Platinum Elite Challenge. Would like to know if my actual nights or actual+bonus nights will count towards the 16 needed for the Plat Challenge?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by milehighj
Hi, I am finally returning to travels after the Covid hiatus.

I'm enrolled in the bonus Elite Night Credit (ending 4 May) AND a Platinum Elite Challenge. Would like to know if my actual nights or actual+bonus nights will count towards the 16 needed for the Plat Challenge?
Nights are reported as "Nights Stayed" (Paid, Redeemed) and "Bonus Nights" (Promotional, Credit Card) on the app to give a total for the year to date. I think it's a wishful stretch to believe that anything but Paid Nights Stayed will count for the 16 nights needed for the Platinum Elite Challenge. After all, taking out a credit card in the US during the Challenge period would give you 15 Bonus Nights so only 1 to go, eh? Maybe somebody else can comment on whether Redemption nights would count but I highly doubt it.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard
Nights are reported as "Nights Stayed" (Paid, Redeemed) and "Bonus Nights" (Promotional, Credit Card) on the app to give a total for the year to date. I think it's a wishful stretch to believe that anything but Paid Nights Stayed will count for the 16 nights needed for the Platinum Elite Challenge. After all, taking out a credit card in the US during the Challenge period would give you 15 Bonus Nights so only 1 to go, eh? Maybe somebody else can comment on whether Redemption nights would count but I highly doubt it.
Appreciate the reply. I have 12 actual nights booked, so my query is purely technical whether I need more, or my 12 double count.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Maybe somebody else can comment on whether Redemption nights would count but I highly doubt it.
Typically only revenue nights count towards challenges.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by milehighj
Appreciate the reply. I have 12 actual nights booked, so my query is purely technical whether I need more, or my 12 double count.
Yes, so you'll only get 12 nights recorded under Marriott's Nights Stayed (Paid) counter.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Does anyone know if the Platinum Status Challenge is currently open? I tried calling my local Marriott helpline number but can never get through to anyone.

EDIT: I sent a message through their online contact form and they confirmed the challenge is open. I am currently Silver Elite and they have enrolled me.

Last edited by fedor; Apr 17, 2022 at 3:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.