Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:00 am

If I start the Platinum status challenge in early January, is it correct that I would have through the end of April to stay 16 paid nights? And, once earned, I would maintain status through February 2022? I have a lots of travel planned January & February and trying to maximize my benefits.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:37 am

Yes! All the best!
Originally Posted by jakers3200
If I start the Platinum status challenge in early January, is it correct that I would have through the end of April to stay 16 paid nights? And, once earned, I would maintain status through February 2022? I have a lots of travel planned January & February and trying to maximize my benefits.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:54 am

Does the platinum year obtained by the challenge add a platinum year towards lifetime elite status to your account?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH FTL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by cwang220
Yes! All the best!
Edit: Forget the following. It is back to normal, i.e end of April

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be true anymore. When I go t the challenge page today, it says "Stay for 15 paid nights from 1/1/2020 through 4/1/2020 12:31:17 PM"
So exactly 3 months. This probably won't work for me since I am 4 weeks OOF in March. So I will rebook Jan/Feb back to Hilton and maybe start the challenge in April

Last edited by stepfel; Jan 2, 2020 at 1:14 am
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by stepfel
Edit: Forget the following. It is back to normal, i.e end of April
Signed up and can confirm - end of April.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by federerfan123
Does the platinum year obtained by the challenge add a platinum year towards lifetime elite status to your account?
It does.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH FTL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Silver
I registered on 2nd, but my account has not been upgraded yet.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:18 am

Does anyone know if you sign up for the Marriott Platinum Challenge now how long the status would be good for? Is it just 2020, or would it be for next year as well?

Thanks
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nycvisitor
It does.
I haven't seen any other data points reflecting this. How do you know?

Originally Posted by federerfan123
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:06 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I haven't seen any other data points reflecting this. How do you know?
I got one year added to my LT stats for the year I signed up and completed it - I definitely didn't have enough nights to qualify otherwise during that year.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:55 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Not sure anyone could answer this, but my wife's challenge concludes January 31. She has a 5 night stay for work where the last night is the night of 1/31 (so completing the stay the morning of 2/1) that will put her up to 17 nights for the challenge. She refuses to do mattress runs, so no option to split up stays. Anyone know if that will count as occurring by 1/31 or not?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:11 am

How do you find your information?

Although I signed up a month ago, I see nothing tat says I am participating in the Platinum challenge.

I see nothing that shows how many nights I have and/or how many I nee to go to verify my numbers.

Anyone know where to find this info in one's account or do they intentionally hide it to make it difficult to track or prove anything so they can say "We have no record you signed up" or "Those stays didn't count. You are one stay short and your 3 month period ended yesterday".
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by honest_abe
How do you find your information?

Although I signed up a month ago, I see nothing tat says I am participating in the Platinum challenge.

I see nothing that shows how many nights I have and/or how many I nee to go to verify my numbers.

Anyone know where to find this info in one's account or do they intentionally hide it to make it difficult to track or prove anything so they can say "We have no record you signed up" or "Those stays didn't count. You are one stay short and your 3 month period ended yesterday".
I had to call to check, no indication in my account. The information customer service had was accurate, though. Unless things have changed, you would need to call in and ask where you are at.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond , Marriott Ambassador, Alaska MVP Gold, American Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
Wonder if this is true - why bother with earning status traditionally if there is basically a fast track to it each year? Most of my stays tend to be grouped together close enough to take advantage of this, I'm pretty sure for others who travel for work as well.
So, I got some good info from my Ambassador re: terms on how often you can use the challenge. For the Platinum Challenge anyway, if you’re already Platinum or higher for the year, you are NOT eligible for the challenge (for anyone wanting a way to quickly qualify for the following year). Base, Silver, and Gold qualify, but Platinum and higher does not.

My thought would be that if you’re a Platinum Elite or higher who doesn’t requalify for the following year, the best thing would be to take a challenge early the next year (or whenever you know you’ll have lots of travel lumped together), to bump up. But it does appear people could just use the challenge to qualify for Gold every year (which, considering Amex Platinum and some other cards give that service without any nights anyway, seems fair).

But anyone (like me), who was hoping to jump on a challenge to get a headstart on 2021, if you’re already Platinum Elite or higher, you’re SOL.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 2:49 pm

Programs: Baec
Does anyone know if bonus point packages count towards the challenge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.