Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by justforfun
Finally a proper reply. And no self-flogging needed.
Still looking for that dislike button...
joakgarp likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Bigshaker
Usually, from my past software experience, a lack of any response means the problems are even worse than we all think they are and there is simply no timeline or solution available or that anyone of us would deem reasonable.
It is certainly a very messed up situation.
I have no inside knowledge but I concur. Clearly the code for combining the accounts was buggy. Either they didn't know (they didn't test well or enough), weren't given sufficient time to fix it, or someone couldn't say it was no go. They went along with it. Many (most? all?) combined accounts are missing info. I guess they must be working behind the scenes on fixing the code, testing it and then trying to apply retrospectively to the accounts. This is not rocket science but as usual, managers underestimate IT complexities at their peril.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Just to share my experience with all, I finally needed to file a support request to try get things fixed. However so far only 1. making previously made booking reappeared in my combined account and 2. get the missing stay before 18 Aug posted done.

Total nights stayed for 2018 still wrong, probably due to the SPG policy of max 3 room nights per night v.s. new program's one room night per night... No response from Marriott on whether this is the case or not... The difference can be simply coincidentally the same

I am a SPG Platinum 75 for 2018.. But so far only get PE status... Even the missing stay posted are calculated based on PE status... Need the support team to manually credit the difference back to my account...

I'm avoiding the whole Marriott chain in order not to mess my account further by adding new activity into it... If Marriott wants my business back quick, at the bare minimum, fix all these problems and chaos....
Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:50 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
I still am showing nothing from my most recent Marriott stay in fiji - checked out on 23rd of Aug.

Also still not showing any points from my credit card from July.

Ive about lost my patience and am about to cancel my card and cancel all my upcoming stays and move to Hilton. Pathetic.

Last edited by travelwithross; Sep 1, 2018 at 8:36 am
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
My combined account is missing all my SPG stays so far this year (all stays completed before the 18th) in the nights stayed YTD total but they are there on the account activity section. So I assume at somepoint it will be fixed.

At the moment it makes no difference to me, my level is correct and as it is mid year the nights not being there is not a problem, Hopefully they will have it all fixed by the year end as I will need to the nights to qualify for Platinum again.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by Lobster
My combined account is missing all my SPG stays so far this year (all stays completed before the 18th) in the nights stayed YTD total but they are there on the account activity section. So I assume at somepoint it will be fixed.

At the moment it makes no difference to me, my level is correct and as it is mid year the nights not being there is not a problem, Hopefully they will have it all fixed by the year end as I will need to the nights to qualify for Platinum again.
That's the thing that really gets me. Now, granted I don't understand IT - not my field and the most I know is the extension to call my IT folks when I have a problem, but all of my correct info is in my account somewhere. I can see it. But yet, 15 days in, that info isn't added up correctly where it really matters. Like you though, it only has to be corrected by the end of the year as all of my missing nights are needed for me to requal as a 50 night Plat (currently looking at ending the year with 51 nights). It's just really frustrating to have to audit my own account on a regular basis.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:28 pm
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by dcstudent
That's the thing that really gets me. Now, granted I don't understand IT - not my field and the most I know is the extension to call my IT folks when I have a problem, but all of my correct info is in my account somewhere. I can see it. But yet, 15 days in, that info isn't added up correctly where it really matters. Like you though, it only has to be corrected by the end of the year as all of my missing nights are needed for me to requal as a 50 night Plat (currently looking at ending the year with 51 nights). It's just really frustrating to have to audit my own account on a regular basis.
​​​​​​​Exactly the same position here. It actually heartens me that so many have the same issue. To me, it means that they WILL sort it out over time.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:33 am

So 15 days in and I actually have more problems now than I had a week ago...

Still missing nights from my YTD count.

Still missing 610k points.

Still waiting on stays to post from 15-17 Aug, 17-21 Aug and 21-22 Aug.

And now my activity on the website which was correct, no longer is!

I've not stayed in a Marriott since I checked out on 22nd August. I'll continue to use Hilton & IHG until Marriott gets a grip and has control over their IT.
Andy82 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
And here another announcement from Marriott which came not true.

I fully understand this might be a huge data job. To me it looks like like some manger want to make sure to receive his bonus, just in order to be ontime to the 18.08.18. Well done managment.

With all this mess you did to your customers, I really don’t get why basics, like room bookings are not really tested. Yes Marriott we understand, you know all those little problems. And only some customers are hit by this. Well Managemnt did you realize whats going on? One of the main issues is really the comunication level you have.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by fred8ab
One of the main issues is really the comunication level you have.
The telling us everything fine when it's most definitely not is to me the most offensive part. Everything else is excusable. The lying is not.
Bigshaker, Happy, yyzlhr and 8 others like this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by Kacee
The telling us everything fine when it's most definitely not is to me the most offensive part. Everything else is excusable. The lying is not.
Agreed. William has been great (as per his usual) but everything/one else not so much. status.marriott says everything is fine. Lurker IV posts Marriott PR and then disappears. Tweets from Marriott make it sound like all is well - or will be momentarily. Even the apology that popped up a couple days ago when I logged in used the past tense when speaking of the problems.

I've moved all stays until 9/22. Hopefully Marriott has its act together by then because I don't have the flexibility to move the 3 stays I have during the rest of September.
remymartin likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
I just sent this message to Arne Sorenson via LinkedIn...

Dear Mr. Sorenson,

Just a quick note to make sure that you are personally aware that the Aug 18th migration of SPG onto the Marriott infrastructure has been an unmitigated disaster for SPG members.

My Marriott and SPG accounts have still failed to combine properly. I cannot reference any of my Marriott stays booked prior to Aug 18th. This makes it exceedingly difficult to know what bookings I have, when I can cancel them by, etc.

I have cancelled several SPG stays that I made prior to Aug 18th and have not received points back. Some of these cancellations were made over 14 days ago now.

I cannot book several SPG properties online or by phone, although the room availability on points appears on marriott.com, once transferred to starwoodhotels.com to complete the booking, the option to book on points is no longer there.

I can't get any telephone representatives on the phone that can help resolve these issues. I have made approximately 40 calls to the Marriott and SPG Platinum lines in the last 16 days, and spent roughly 30 hours on hold, usually being transferred or asked to wait. Usually the call just disconnects after an hour or more, or I get transferred over to a new rep who knows nothing about what I just spent an extensive amount of time explaining to the previous rep.

I have opened half a dozen tickets online through the support portal at marriott.com. In each case, I have received an automatic reply confirming that the ticket has been created, and then no follow-up at all, and no resolution to the issues. Some of these tickets are as much as 14 days old now.

On top of all of these issues, perhaps the worst thing from the perspective of Marriott's image and your employee morale, has been the black hole of communication. Your members and your employees simply don't know why or how this has transpired, or have any concept of when it will be resolved.

Marriott could have, and should have done better.

Sincerely
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by smokie

Marriott could have, and should have done better.
I have had many of the same challenges as you over the past 2 weeks, and took the time to send an email to both Mr Sorensonīs Office as well as Ms Shannon Fogarty-Patterson, Senior VP Customer Engagement Centers.

I received a reply within 24 hours from Marriott, Office of Consumer Affairs, which was appreciated but nearly all of the issues raised remain as of today. This office reached out to the Starwood Consumer Affairs colleagues to fix their stay issues and, well, crickets. I feel as though the SPG side has been strongly advised to simply apologize to us and then do nothing, crossing their fingers that everything will work itself out. Wishful thinking.

The last straw today for me was receiving a notice that I was checked in and would I like an e-invoice upon check-out from a Delta property in Canada when I am currently in South America. I spoke to a SPG Platinum Concierge who advised that I would have to pay any no-show charge and after I mentioned that the reservation was cancelled last week with the property directly as no one was answering the Marriott Platinum number, she decided to call the property. Returning to the line, she sounded frustrated and advised that the reservation was indeed cancelled last week and that the App and website were both incorrect. WTH.

How does this inspire any confidence with Marriott? Their IT is inept.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:30 am

Wow! Now that would really make me angry. I'll stop complaining now about my missing nights/points. Anywho, in all seriousness, keep an eye on your credit card to make sure you aren't charged a no-show charge after all. Given how terrible all of the IT issues are, I wouldn't trust that you aren't going to get charged since the system thinks you're supposed to be in Canada!
Originally Posted by PointWeasel

The last straw today for me was receiving a notice that I was checked in and would I like an e-invoice upon check-out from a Delta property in Canada when I am currently in South America. I spoke to a SPG Platinum Concierge who advised that I would have to pay any no-show charge and after I mentioned that the reservation was cancelled last week with the property directly as no one was answering the Marriott Platinum number, she decided to call the property. Returning to the line, she sounded frustrated and advised that the reservation was indeed cancelled last week and that the App and website were both incorrect. WTH.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
I have had many of the same challenges as you over the past 2 weeks, and took the time to send an email to both Mr Sorensonīs Office as well as Ms Shannon Fogarty-Patterson, Senior VP Customer Engagement Centers.

I received a reply within 24 hours from Marriott, Office of Consumer Affairs, which was appreciated but nearly all of the issues raised remain as of today. This office reached out to the Starwood Consumer Affairs colleagues to fix their stay issues and, well, crickets. I feel as though the SPG side has been strongly advised to simply apologize to us and then do nothing, crossing their fingers that everything will work itself out. Wishful thinking.

How does this inspire any confidence with Marriott? Their IT is inept.
OMG I'm experiencing this issue as well. Cancelled my stay Hotel Imperial Vienna (Sept 7-9) about 10 days ago through my ambassador. Now i got an email saying at I am "All set" for that stay which I have cancelled.

Called in again and was given another cancellation #. But yet my cancelled atay is still showing up on my future reservations. I'm gonna do a charge back if i ever get charged.

On top of that, my 2 SNAs attached to that reservation is still stuck to that reservation (and even got upgraded to my supposedly cancelled reservation.)

Plus I was told by a different ambassador that all my nights have posted! Missing 3 nights from Westin Cape Town (August 9-12). But if ANYONE does a manual count on my qualifying nights YTD, it'll show that those 3 nights didn't add to my YTD nights. I'm really anticipating for that SOL moment...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.