Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jspira
Marriott began the IT integration of its 3 loyalty programs on August 18 with a goal of combining them into one unified program. It told members to expect websites and apps to be inaccessible that day and problems stretched into the middle of the week. By Thursday, the dust seemed to settle although members continued to report specific issues.
Print Wikipost

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:11 am

If this is any indication of how Marriott program is going to work - Bad planning, poor communication and general lack of clarity I don’t see a reason to be loyal.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, American Airlines Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by frenchft
till end of the year I will renew hilton diamond (9 nights) and secure a back up with going back to Hyatt globalist (ex diamond here). Just in case it goes wrong with SPG properties next year.
Hyatt just doesn't seem to have the reach (I travel all over the US) and while mainline Hiltons (and obviously Waldorfs and Conrads) are typically very nice I think I see 50 Hilton Garden Inns and Hampton Inns for each one of the nicer hotels in their line.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by OldSchoolConsultant
Hyatt just doesn't seem to have the reach (I travel all over the US) and while mainline Hiltons (and obviously Waldorfs and Conrads) are typically very nice I think I see 50 Hilton Garden Inns and Hampton Inns for each one of the nicer hotels in their line.
In Europe, MEA and Asia I tend to disagree, I lot of new hilton and good doubletree are around.
In the US, I agree, 90 motels style for 10 good to very good properties.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by frenchft
till end of the year I will renew hilton diamond (9 nights) and secure a back up with going back to Hyatt globalist (ex diamond here). Just in case it goes wrong with SPG properties next year.
With a US address you can just get the Aspire card that gives Hilton Diamond for (net of credits) free you know...
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
With a US address you can just get the Aspire card that gives Hilton Diamond for (net of credits) free you know...
I don't have US bank account, neither social security number )))
Adress is not the problem but other stuffs they are
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Has anyone received credit for nights stayed in August at this point?

I have recieved no credit for 4 stays/10 nights at legacy SPG properties or 1 stay/1 night at a Marriott in August. I do seem to have received proper credit for all my nights through July in both systems (except Marriott shorted me about $2k in qualifying spend).
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
so the cut over still not finish?

missing August stay still not there.

Any new stay at both spg and Mr still not posted
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by acrophobia
Has anyone received credit for nights stayed in August at this point?

I have recieved no credit for 4 stays/10 nights at legacy SPG properties or 1 stay/1 night at a Marriott in August. I do seem to have received proper credit for all my nights through July in both systems (except Marriott shorted me about $2k in qualifying spend).
Same here, nothing and sounds there is a big mess in SPG system in hotels (= numbers are not changed in the system and sounds that they are "lost").
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
This integration has been a disaster to put it mildly. Website is down constantly, status levels are all over the place both yearly and lifetime. Stays are not posting. I think they would have been better off just “winging” this technology merge since Marriott has supposedly been preparing many months for this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:36 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12
This integration has been a disaster to put it mildly. Website is down constantly, status levels are all over the place both yearly and lifetime. Stays are not posting. I think they would have been better off just “winging” this technology merge since Marriott has supposedly been preparing many months for this.
To be fair, IT issues after a week is very, very far from a true IT integration DISASTER which is more like hotels not being able to take bookings for 3 months or billing going missing.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
To be fair, IT issues after a week is very, very far from a true IT integration DISASTER which is more like hotels not being able to take bookings for 3 months or billing going missing.
All depends upon the business. With a 365 day business, Marriott/SPG is digging themselves into a bigger hole. As issues pile up it becomes increasingly more difficult to dig yourself out. If it was only minor issues, then sure no problem. However, they have major systems still not working. Data will get screwed up because the system can't handle it and they have all these one off issues.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:49 am
Suspended

I should have clarified. IT disaster from the customers POV. This is just a hiccup for Marriott.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12
Yes, a total disaster... The web has been available to many within hours of starting the process. Accounts are being worked on while still allowing access and bookings much of the time. Users are allowed in to make changes to their account(s) including combining while data is being processed. As you see, I am a "glass-half-full" type of guy. It may not be the way I would have done it, but I'm not the one making decisions. I haven't seen anything that gets close to being a show stopper, but if going elsewhere is an option for you, good luck finding a site that hasn't/won't go through their own fire. I am not a Marriott fan, but deal with what I get.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, a total disaster... The web has been available to many within hours of starting the process. Accounts are being worked on while still allowing access and bookings much of the time.
That right there sums it up nicely. “Available to many” well that’s nice that many folks could access their accounts. What about the many that couldn’t? I was unable to access my account several times over the course of this intergration, including this morning.
Just think, it still isn’t over yet and we are 5-6 days into it. Who knows what comes next. Maybe the site will have a critical crash wiping out 40% of their customers accounts.

Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'd say it's a disaster from the perspective of the loyalty program, but not operations (unlike, for example, the UA/CO merger, where operations - including particularly passenger reservations - were drastically affected).

Because operations are not being materially affected, fixing all these various problems with the loyalty program is, unfortunately, not going to be a real high priority for Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.