Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jspira
Marriott began the IT integration of its 3 loyalty programs on August 18 with a goal of combining them into one unified program. It told members to expect websites and apps to be inaccessible that day and problems stretched into the middle of the week. By Thursday, the dust seemed to settle although members continued to report specific issues.
Print Wikipost

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
It's pretty bad.

There's that whole Delta earning preference thing that can't be changed, and also for some reason I now have one fewer qualifying night than I did prior to the switchover. Yet points conversion is correct. How can you mess up copying the # of nights.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
I don’t think I have account issues, but all my upcoming stays are messed up. My stays for a family now showing as 1 person and the rates are showing different class than what I booked.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
I don’t think I have account issues, but all my upcoming stays are messed up. My stays for a family now showing as 1 person and the rates are showing different class than what I booked.
This doesn't surprise me at all. They typically use rate codes to link with reservations so when there is a change to a rate description, one edit propagates out to all the corresponding bookings. As always a wise idea, KEEP YOUR CONFIRMATIONS and do not rely upon the website to show what you booked. This is really helpful when a property does a pre-arrival upgrade and they don't match your bedding type. They may not be able to revert it, but might get you some extra perks.
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Just noticed I have an upcoming rewards stay for two at the Park Tower in BA now showing as a cash stay for one.
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by naumank

Exactly in the same boat here. I can’t believe they can screw up something as simple as this. I was a programmer and this can be solved in 3 lines of code. Lame.
I assume this might be because account linking doesn't mean account combining...and they haven't released the function to do so yet AFAIK.

My Marriott Rewards show 1 night, but my SPG app shows 43 nights.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:41 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by naumank

Exactly in the same boat here. I can’t believe they can screw up something as simple as this. I was a programmer and this can be solved in 3 lines of code. Lame.
An issue like this would be lower on the priority list for issues to be resolved. Priority would be QAing that reservations coming up next couple weeks are intact and not unexpectedly changed due to integration along with ability for customer to make new/change reservations at correct rates.

Guest showing up with a cancelled reservation is worst than guest having a room but with incorrect status. You can always compensate with points/cash after the fact for the later.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:41 am

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
How bad will the IT rollout be? (I thought this was a prediction thread)

So bad that Marriott will lose all SPG stay information pre 2010 meaning most SPG LT Platinums will no longer have 10 years of Plat Elite anymore and losing all those pre 2010 nights will mean not enough nights to qualify for the new Marriott LTPP level that we all fought so hard to get changed and it will end up how they originally planned with no SPG LTP reaching the special Marriott LTPP level.
haha, hopefully I’m just kidding!!! ��
And hopefully you got a printout of your SPG Master Statement!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: US Airways CP, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
My new converted SPG account is showing that I'm earning Delta miles and shows my Delta frequent flier account number (I previously had my Delta account linked with Crossover rewards, but always earned SPG Starpoints, not miles). Now my account is showing I'm earning miles and it will not let me change it to points. The mobile app gives me a general error, and the desktop site asks for for a frequent flier number when I change to points instead of miles. Strange. I assume maybe some field mapping mix-up?

I am checking into an SPG hotel today so will make sure to ask them to check I am earning points.
I also noticed with mobile check-in, you can no longer choose the green option for housekeeping in advance, like you could on the legacy SPG app.

Edited: Apologies - just saw someone else already mentioned the Delta earning issue also.

Last edited by PCSguyMD; Aug 19, 2018 at 12:49 pm
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by username
Was able to make my first reservation just now! Existing reservation - hotel went down by 7,500 points.
Unfortunately, I did not get the difference back.

Originally Posted by username
I found that:

1 - my Cat 4 certificates were not credited back
2 - confirmation e-mails somewhat slow
3 - Re-crediting of the cancellations are not all showing up on the Activities

Status showed Platinum maybe 15 minutes ago but now it shows Platinum Premier!...then the website went down again....
Well, this is strange. When I cancelled a reservation with 2 Cat 4 certificates last night and booked a new one, it took 50,000 points out of my account. This morning, I got the 50,000 points back. Did not call them or anything.

I am LTP (LTPP now). Most of my account shows I am Platinum but it does say :You are Lifetime Platinum Premier Life in one place.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: Platinum RA - SPG Gold
My account shows 0 points! Also shows I am Platinum Elite which is incorrect, it should be Gold Elite. Any one having the 0 points issue as well?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by cova

But in Overview - it says:
"You are Platinum Elite"
then below that - "Platinum Power", then "Next Up: Platinum Premier Elite"
then below that
"You are Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite", led by a little figure 8 (horizontal).
However at the top of the Overview screen - is shows:
"Platinum Elite" with the figure 8 by the circle with the head symbol.
Thanks cova. After reading this I went back to my account because originally it just had Plat Elite & I thought I was going to have to call in, but scrolled down & saw the Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite w/ the infinity button.

Cheers.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:33 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Well, it looks like the SPG and Marriott sites all point to the same domain, but just show different branding. Problem is, when I log in with the SPG branding, I still only see my Marriott info and none of my SPG reservations or points info. This is going to be interesting.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Priority would be QAing that reservations coming up next couple weeks are intact and not unexpectedly changed due to integration along with ability for customer to make new/change reservations at correct rates.
This is the reason I wonder about why they didn't roll out the changes in phases. Perhaps they could've started allowing us to book SPG hotels from Marriott's app/website, and then weeks or months later continued with more combining of accounts, etc. If they weren't 100% ready for a big bang rollout then I wish they wouldn't have done one.

Last edited by smgainey; Aug 20, 2018 at 5:15 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Can't log in to either SPG or Marriott as of Sunday at 16:00 PDT. New Marriott iphone App does not work. New SPG iphone app won't permit login either. Not good.

Guess I was lucky to make an award rez last night, but will be unhappy if this isn't fixed by Monday. I guess this is why they rollout on the weekend...
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CharlesV
I have several Amex SPG cards and like clockwork amex transfers my points monthly and SPG accepts them the same day.

Until merger time.

I have confirmed with 3 separate calls to Amex they transferred as normal points from my personal card on 8/9 to partner SPG and on 8/12 for my business card.

This represents over 120k points for this month work 360,000 post conversion.

However these points did not show up in my SPG account, after several calls, and email exchanges I was told to contact a manager at SPG. The manger carol after an extended delay confirmed that on instruction from Marriott SPG would not accept the points from Amex.

It would seem this is an attempt to defer acceptance until post combination purely to avoid paying the property 3 to 1 conversion.

Anyone else have this occur. Seems like it would be systemic for anyone whose cycle closed after 8/1
Look at your Amex statement. You will see that the 3:1 conversion has already taken effect on that statement. No one is trying to cheat you. On August 1, Amex sent an email to SPG Amex cardholders indicating there would be a delay in posting of points in SPG accounts for all statements with closing dates between August 1 and August 18.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.