Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jspira
Marriott began the IT integration of its 3 loyalty programs on August 18 with a goal of combining them into one unified program. It told members to expect websites and apps to be inaccessible that day and problems stretched into the middle of the week. By Thursday, the dust seemed to settle although members continued to report specific issues.
Print Wikipost

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Apparently Marriott IT did minimal testing after all of these months. Kind of like how the 'new and improved' website still has major functionality issues a year after it was rolled out.

I was hoping they were using their limited poorly managed outsourced IT resources to have the transition work properly while they were neglecting their website and customer service, but apparently thats not the case. Just incompetence.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Apparently Marriott IT did minimal testing after all of these months. Kind of like how the 'new and improved' website still has major functionality issues a year after it was rolled out.

I was hoping they were using their limited poorly managed outsourced IT resources to have the transition work properly while they were neglecting their website and customer service, but apparently thats not the case. Just incompetence.
It's also a major system with thousands of physical locations and millions of users. Of course the merge won't be perfect, there's a million one off scenarios that are hard to plan for.

That said, it would be nice to be able to log on this morning.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
It's also a major system with thousands of physical locations and millions of users. Of course the merge won't be perfect, there's a million one off scenarios that are hard to plan for.

Was wondering if it was just me.

My SPG account points out that it's been merged into my MR account if I try to log into it (accurate and expected).
Trying to log in the with the MR account gives the "unprocessable condition" message.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

... and let's not forget the moving target being created with people rushing in to merge their accounts. We are creating part of this nightmare scenario. If you don't NEED the status bump combining accounts, leave them alone until the system stabilizes.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, American Airlines Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Now I can't log in to either my Marriott or Starwood account. I get:

Please correct the following and try again. We are unable to process your request at this time due to an unprocessable condition. Please try again later.
RogerD408 and seat38a like this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:25 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by OldSchoolConsultant
Now I can't log in to either my Marriott or Starwood account. I get:

Please correct the following and try again. We are unable to process your request at this time due to an unprocessable condition. Please try again later.
Just got the same message. Also, while trying to book a room at SPG property, it redirected me the the SPG version of the site. I really hope this CF isn't going to be the norm. What was the point of all this, if they are going to redirect to SPG or Ritz site to book the room.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
War room is on fire today...

We are currently working to fix the following issues

Guests are unable to access their accounts or make reservations with points on the following:
  • Web sites
  • Voice reservation systems

Because our voice reservation systems are also impacted, associates at our general reservations phone numbers are unable to access member profiles or make reservations with points.

However, our mobile apps are not impacted by this issue; please download the Marriott app to access your account and book with points.

If you urgently need to make a non-points reservation and you are not able to use a mobile app, please go ahead and do so. Many of our hotels will allow you to enter in your member number with your guest information, so that your reservation can be associated with your member profile. If you’re not able to do this, simply let the hotel know your member number when you check in.

We appreciate your patience as we work to fix this as quickly as possible.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:51 am

I think at this point we can at least declare the process a failure. How hard is this given they had 3 years to figure it out?
cruisr and seat38a like this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC

I certainly wasn't expecting perfect... however this is a absolute mess. I'm sorry, but not being able to log in? That is basic functionality.
Then there are all of the reports of the account merge function not working. This is way beyond one-off scenarios. This is standard stuff that Marriott IT has obviously ignored and the result is the system crapped the bed.
cruisr likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was expecting some glitches, but I never expected that 4 days after the rollout they'd be completely down.
cruisr likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Quick run-down of the last 20 minutes ....

The status page says to use the mobile app.
{opens mobile app}
"Unable to sign in"
{clicks large DISMISS button}
{nothing happens}
{closes app and books with another program}
cruisr likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:52 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I was expecting some glitches, but I never expected that 4 days after the rollout they'd be completely down.
Yes. Many here have reminded us of the long lasting glitches from the UA-CO merger, but let's also remember the AA-US integration. As far as I recall, on the loyalty side, the US and AA loyalty accounts were merged pretty seamlessly, and I seem to recall that everything was up and functioning either the day of or the day after.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:43 pm

For some people it might be just fine. However, another issue that does impact me and definitely others is the fact that you can not transfer points to airline miles right now. The whole system is down for a TBD length of time. For people trying to make time sensitive reservations, this is a huge issue with material monetary impacts.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: SPG plat,Hyatt plat, HH Gold, AA Gold, WN A list, IHG Plat, Delta pittance
My account has been fixed! Have a new number, all my future reservations are there, status is correct, all points in place. Whew! Hope others have good results as well. One thing I am confused about is if I hit 50 nights again this year in the SPG program, will I be Plat again. I'm on track to do that, need five more nights.... the dashboard is gone that used to tell me how much more I needed.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:51 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Well on the Marriott room booking, it gives me one rate and when I click to book it, it takes me to SPG and gives me a rate that is substantially higher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.