Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jspira
Marriott began the IT integration of its 3 loyalty programs on August 18 with a goal of combining them into one unified program. It told members to expect websites and apps to be inaccessible that day and problems stretched into the middle of the week. By Thursday, the dust seemed to settle although members continued to report specific issues.
Print Wikipost

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by swag
Q: How has the loyalty program integration gone? Were there any unexpected challenges?

Marriott International’s SVP of Global Loyalty David Flueck: “While we are not at the finish line yet, by all accounts, the loyalty integration has gone exceedingly well.

HNN - Marriott merges loyalty platforms, looks to next steps
Either he is just trying to gloss over things with some PR or he is completely incompetent and that explains why the merger of IT has become such a complete mess if this is the competency level of Marriott SVP's!
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
The crazy thing is many of the issues could have been resolved by a high school intern with some basic excel skills. It’s really not rocket science. I mean it’s two sets of information merged into one.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:06 am

If they were not ready, they should have waited. Things like automatic re-credit of points for cancelled reservations and Suite Night Awards shouldn't be issues they are working on more than a week after the integration - they should have been programmed to start working immediately.

The longer systems don't work, issues snowball into a larger and larger problem and become more and more difficult to resolve.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by frenchft

Now it’s clear. They have no idea of when and how problems will be fixed.
Should be nice they update the useless status page with the following informations.

“We are working quickly and diligently to solve all issues that have been identified. Given the complexities of a huge integration like this, we prefer not to give deadlines, but rest assured that are completely on top any issue that has arisen,” said John Wolf, vice president of loyalty, digital marketing and innovation PR at Marriott

full article : https://skift.com/2018/08/20/marriot..._hsmi=65443795
Any time someone says "rest assured," I assume things are even worse than I believed before.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:18 am
jk2

Sorry, if it there is a dedicated thread about it. My last stay with Marriott was on 8/16 (check out date). So far, points did not post. Shouldn't I worry for now?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by jk2
Sorry, if it there is a dedicated thread about it. My last stay with Marriott was on 8/16 (check out date). So far, points did not post. Shouldn't I worry for now?
Given what's going on, no, no need to worry. Keep your folio, you did get one at check out right? Your stay may very well show up once they get more of the issues resolved. But, unless your stay will bump your status or earn you points for a quickly approaching stay, sit back and relax for now. The phone agents are swamped with complaints, the email inbox has been reported as full.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:38 am
jk2

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Given what's going on, no, no need to worry. Keep your folio, you did get one at check out right? Your stay may very well show up once they get more of the issues resolved. But, unless your stay will bump your status or earn you points for a quickly approaching stay, sit back and relax for now. The phone agents are swamped with complaints, the email inbox has been reported as full.
thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by makin'miles
Things like automatic re-credit of points for cancelled reservations and Suite Night Awards shouldn't be issues they are working on more than a week after the integration
Sorry, but those should be around #100 on the list because they affect such a tiny fragment of the membership. How about the fact that no points or stays have credited for anyone at all since the merger?
wrp96 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Uncovered a new display bug. Shows my past 2018 SPG award stays as Paid vs Redeemed. Totally harmless and irrelevant but amusing to me.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Uncovered a new display bug. Shows my past 2018 SPG award stays as Paid vs Redeemed. Totally harmless and irrelevant but amusing to me.
Yep. All 2018 pre-merger SPG nights, including award and even bonus nights, were migrated to the new post-merger accounts as paid nights.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Sorry, but those should be around #100 on the list because they affect such a tiny fragment of the membership. How about the fact that no points or stays have credited for anyone at all since the merger?
Considering SNA's are a choice you get and they have a time limit before the expire I disagree these should be working from the start. They are also offered to the elite members of spg and thus not the ideal people to annoy!
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EP, SPG Ambassador (lifetime plat)
So right now I should be at 100 nights with ambassador but shows much less. I called customer service who said they can’t even log into my account. Any ideas on how to get this turned on?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tfong007
This is the biggest cock up in the history of technology and the hospitality industry.
It's dogs and cats living together....MASS HYSTERIA!!!

(A little perspective goes a long way. haha)
Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EP, SPG Ambassador (lifetime plat)
So it looks like activity is updated since July as of today.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
My point is that Marriott was clearly not ready for prime time - this week has demonstrated that.

Now that they appear to be up the creek, establishing relative priorities for fixes is another matter (and of course I'd agree that posting stays/points is right up there).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.