Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jspira
Marriott began the IT integration of its 3 loyalty programs on August 18 with a goal of combining them into one unified program. It told members to expect websites and apps to be inaccessible that day and problems stretched into the middle of the week. By Thursday, the dust seemed to settle although members continued to report specific issues.
Print Wikipost

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PBA_DC3
Still can't sign in on the spg side and the app gives me a system down screen.

I have an understanding of major integration efforts like this and there are certainly a lot of moving pieces. However, the fact that they can't get the sign in process to even work (I could understand limitations on what I can see or do outside of bookings) really is indicative of how poorly planned and executed this is. Marriott has very little time, IMHO, to make these issues right before they are going to begin loosing customer confidence and faith that they actually know what they are doing.
You tried logging with email or spg number? Is your email with spg account same as Marriott account? Is your password more than 20 characters?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
Tried to apply a suite night to a stay, and it redirects me to the OLD Starwood site, where neither my old SPG password or my new one works. So basically no way to process SNAs. Great.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chriseng
Tried to apply a suite night to a stay, and it redirects me to the OLD Starwood site, where neither my old SPG password or my new one works. So basically no way to process SNAs. Great.
Same issue...annoying but also a nice blast from the (very recent) past
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
It has been a rough few days. With stays at Starwood on 8/8-8/20 and Marriott 8/20-8/22 and then Starwood again 8/24-8/28 and Marriott 8/28-8/30 and having PPE in both Apps (75 Nights Last year each in SPG and 77 at Marriott) I am holding off a few days for the merge. Issues seem to be slowly but surely clearing up although I have lost 3 Starwood nights but got 47 extra Lifetime nights. Should be 698 Marriott and 528 SPG as of 8/18 so waiting a few days before combing. My issues are minor and seeing the Chaos other people need more help then me. It has been great having FT to help us with all of our issues.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have to say I am not impressed by what happened - I was pretty understanding initially but after some of the Marriott-only operations went bad for me....

On the SPG side, my account says: The date of your last qualifying activity* was 02/28/2019 ? My lifetime total went up by 15 nights by itself. I am sure others have reported similar. At least my points were converted correctly.

Last edited by username; Aug 20, 2018 at 11:57 pm
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
So far so good for me, SPG and RCR apps and website show proper information. (MR app show RCR details)
All future reservations listed correctly.
Nights and points also show the correct numbers.

Not able to merge the accounts yet ... but since I am in the middle of a quite long trip, I might wait merging the accounts until the trip finished.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: LH/*A Gold, BA/OW Emerald, EK Silver, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Still a big mess at my end. Lifetime nights not correct on the SPG and Marriott side, YTD nights on the SPG side not correct.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
my stay 18-20Aug still not posted. also the missing 2 stays from previous stay in early Aug.

My MR account, number of years being silver and above is zero. does gold challenge not counted?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Still missing three Starwood stays and one Marriott stay in August. Also, it is still saying I have $0 in qualifying spend at Marriott this year (should be more like a couple grand).

I hope the SNAs I applied a while back to an upcoming staying at Westin Chosun Seoul are processed properly.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA, HHonors, MarriotRewards
8/21 11:30am Pacific - still can't login to app or website. I copied my conf #s for 3 trips in Aug and Sep before site went live anticipating this type of thing. Have no idea how long it will take for things to return to "only as bad as usual" - but expectations have already been set low over the last couple of years.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: SPG plat,Hyatt plat, HH Gold, AA Gold, WN A list, IHG Plat, Delta pittance
Well, my account was wiped out in the merger. I have nothing. No points, no status, never had any stays, and don't have any reservations. I called and they are "working on it" but I have to wait three days. Had 154k in there so I'm a bit nervous now......
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by bakablonde
Well, my account was wiped out in the merger. I have nothing. No points, no status, never had any stays, and don't have any reservations. I called and they are "working on it" but I have to wait three days. Had 154k in there so I'm a bit nervous now......
I hope things work out for you. Please give us an update when you know more.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:14 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I booked all of my hotel stays starting 8/1 with Hilton assuming the worst was going to happen and it has. As of today, I am Gold in the new system even though I already have 50 nights this year and was Gold pre-merger. I'm sure they will figure this all out but I didn't want to fight for my benefits at hotels during this period.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: SPG plat,Hyatt plat, HH Gold, AA Gold, WN A list, IHG Plat, Delta pittance
Well, now I'm completely unable to sign in, which I hope means they are fixing things!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Same with me - no login possible this morning, frustrating, though not entirely surprising

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.