Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jspira
Marriott began the IT integration of its 3 loyalty programs on August 18 with a goal of combining them into one unified program. It told members to expect websites and apps to be inaccessible that day and problems stretched into the middle of the week. By Thursday, the dust seemed to settle although members continued to report specific issues.
Print Wikipost

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
The website 'Current' and 'Future' stays is still a bit wonky for me (50% chance of it showing something or nothing at all), but otherwise OK on my end.

I'm going be at a Starwood/Marriott property for at least 20 days in different properties this September...so we'll see how it plays out.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
What is it with people and wanting "apologies"? What does that get you?!

Nearly 10 days in, my upcoming SPG stays show up on the MR app, and vice-versa. I have 48 nights, yet $0 spend, a recent stay post-merger is so late I'm about to give it a pregnancy test, and there's still red banners for some issue or other on the MR site.

They can save some stupid "apology", those are just useless words. I just want all this fixed before it actually ends up screwing up something for me.
Well at the moment there is almost the appearence that the top level of Marriott think this is going well, so an apology would at least show they are aware of what is going on within their company and give some impression they actually are working on it. It has already cost me a couple of stays I would have liked to book on points and use SNA's so I am very much been screwed by this already.

I also think announcing a promo would have been a good idea, something linked ot the merger to say thank you for bearing with us while we make one allmighty ....
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
3 calls to “customer service”, 5 password changes & im still unable to access my account.

”unprocessable condition” error...
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:23 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I also think announcing a promo would have been a good idea, something linked ot the merger to say thank you for bearing with us while we make one allmighty ....
In my opinion I think it is very likely they will do just that. They are just waiting for the situation to stabilize first because right now they cannot handle an influx of new bookings caused by an attractive promo.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I think the merger progressed way slower than Marriott planned.
Troublesome for people who want to amend their reservations ... but if no change on the reservations, no issue.

My current reservation at St Regis SF is missing from the apps. but no issue for me on check in.
Acknowledged as Platinum elite (supposedly Platinum Premier) but then I guess its because previously SPG goes up tp Platinum only.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
What is it with people and wanting "apologies"? What does that get you?!

Nearly 10 days in, my upcoming SPG stays show up on the MR app, and vice-versa. I have 48 nights, yet $0 spend, a recent stay post-merger is so late I'm about to give it a pregnancy test, and there's still red banners for some issue or other on the MR site.

They can save some stupid "apology", those are just useless words. I just want all this fixed before it actually ends up screwing up something for me.
So you are in much better shape then most. I have reservations under Marriott, SPG and my new #. I am missing lots of night from last month 15, wondering big time if my 2 stay 4 nights this week will post and with the merger should be ambassador status. From what I have read old Marriott people have had a lot less issues the old SPG accts. I am pretty much done until the end of the year, with Marriott. I have a few hotels I will still stay at, but will be adding Hilton for the most part and will try Hyatt
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Are you using your new 9 digit SPG number?
I'm not given any option to enter/change the SPG number on the reservation screen, unless I'm missing it. Where can I do this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.