Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jspira
Marriott began the IT integration of its 3 loyalty programs on August 18 with a goal of combining them into one unified program. It told members to expect websites and apps to be inaccessible that day and problems stretched into the middle of the week. By Thursday, the dust seemed to settle although members continued to report specific issues.
Print Wikipost

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:15 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by cova
I think Marriott does its IT off shore these days. So likely morning half way around the world.
I hope they didn't pull an offshoring. That means different time zones of teams working and one hand may not communicate as well as to the other. Language barriers, cultural barriers... sleep patterns, coding culture...

It's far better if everyone is in a few floors of a building at corporate HQ (or some "campus") doing this project and if some program module isn't communicating with each other, you can just put the respective teams together and get them to figure it out.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
I just got all the way to the last step in the combine process - I accepted the merge, then it gave me an error

So close......
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Was able to briefly log on my account (around 11:40pm EDT, August 18)

Looks like even when the accounts were linked, it still requires manual "combine". I was able to log in my SPG accounts and get the correct info, but the process ended abruptly at the Summary page. Also did a reward redemption for Cat 7, and was quoted 60k.

"Combine your Rewards and SPG accounts before your next stay to maximize your benefits and see if you achieve new status. Be sure to do so at least 72 hours before you arrive."
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl

Everyone was invited to link their accounts over a year ago. As far as I know, no one has been invited to merge their accounts yet as this can only happen AFTER Marriott and Starwood systems are merged which is still in progress. So I suspect that you will still be invited to merge your accounts/points sometime after this weekend.

Merging is live, when you sign in, there is a big butan saying "Let's get Started" or something like that to merge accounts - as posted above, it error'd for me on the last step
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Was able to briefly log on my account (around 11:40pm EDT, August 18)

Looks like even when the accounts were linked, it still requires manual "combine". I was able to log in my SPG accounts and get the correct info, but the process ended abruptly at the Summary page. Also did a reward redemption for Cat 7, and was quoted 60k.

"Combine your Rewards and SPG accounts before your next stay to maximize your benefits and see if you achieve new status. Be sure to do so at least 72 hours before you arrive."

Same here - summary step, clicked merge and errored
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Same here - summary step, clicked merge and errored
My only goal was to make that redemption.

For status, since I can't get lifetime PP anyway, probably won't care that much going forward.

Last edited by andersonCooper; Aug 18, 2018 at 10:03 pm
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:58 pm

Just got it to work:
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I was able to log in and I'm missing all the July/August activity from my SPG account - a total of 11 nights
Points and Suite night awards are counting correctly though.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Just got it to work:
^ Make sure to check your combined activities. Mine showed this message as well but was in fact not combined (logged out and logged back in and it went back to normal).

Last edited by andersonCooper; Aug 18, 2018 at 10:13 pm
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
All my point advance reservations changed to the new values. Didn't think to take screenshots of them beforehand, so I'm wondering if I'm screwed for these or if it'll fix itself.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
New Marriott and spg apps are live in Apple App Store. SPG looks like a carbon copy of the Marriott app now.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:03 pm

So I am on the very final booking screen on the app for the points booking I want, and I get an error saying "this card isn't accepted at this property."

I've gone in and changed my credit card 3X and it still says it every time. Anyone know?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by dval44
So I am on the very final booking screen on the app for the points booking I want, and I get an error saying "this card isn't accepted at this property."

I've gone in and changed my credit card 3X and it still says it every time. Anyone know?
Sounds like they launched the app before the glitches were worked out.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:10 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
Expect bugs for sure. Any sort of IT cutover and conversion of this scale never goes 100% smooth. If anything goes wrong, blame Accenture.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by jayzala
Expect bugs for sure. Any sort of IT cutover and conversion of this scale never goes 100% smooth. If anything goes wrong, blame Accenture.
But it's infuriating because it's the *one* thing keeping me from booking. And it's a free booking, to boot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.