Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jspira
Marriott began the IT integration of its 3 loyalty programs on August 18 with a goal of combining them into one unified program. It told members to expect websites and apps to be inaccessible that day and problems stretched into the middle of the week. By Thursday, the dust seemed to settle although members continued to report specific issues.
Print Wikipost

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by username
I can now logon but I don't see my SPG balance added. I did not link the account for status earlier but I did link them for conversion.

Trying to book with points got " This service is temporarily unavailable. But don't worry, we're on it. Please try again later."

At least there is progress...
MR and SPG data merge will NOT be done by MPG. You will have two accounts once all is said and done with their merge. Expect an email telling you your new SPG number and another once it is ok to combine your accounts.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by CharlesV
It would seem this is an attempt to defer acceptance until post combination purely to avoid paying the property 3 to 1 conversion.

I don't know if you have been following the merger of the programs as closely as the members here are on this site, but this goes against everything we've seen so far. I would put money on it that this is not the case of them trying to pay out 1/3 the points that you actually are expecting.

Edit: I can log in, but it shows me as Platinum? I should be PP as I was MR Plat already, based on a status challenge in 2017.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I tried logging in on Marriott.com 10min ago and they only had my SPG stats; all my nights at Marriott hotels are gone Hopefully, it will be fixed and my status will be recognized when I check into my hotel tomorrow.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RogerD408
MR and SPG data merge will NOT be done by MPG. You will have two accounts once all is said and done with their merge. Expect an email telling you your new SPG number and another once it is ok to combine your accounts.
Oh, I see. I guess that makes sense that they are not doing everything all at once.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Oh, I see. I guess that makes sense that they are not doing everything all at once.
No, they aren't and YOU have to combine your accounts. Linking has nothing to do with that.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just get an "upgrade in progress" page on marriott.com. I obviously cannot log into my account at this time or see anything.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I just get an "upgrade in progress" page on marriott.com. I obviously cannot log into my account at this time or see anything.
It comes and goes -- got in earlier but can not now.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It comes and goes -- got in earlier but can not now.
yep, same here. The app has now also updated for me which wasn't the case when I was first able to log into my account.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RogerD408
No, they aren't and YOU have to combine your accounts. Linking has nothing to do with that.
That is what confused me - I did not link initially but I did the conversion link so I thought the accounts would be merged.this weekend.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:59 pm

Earlier today I was able to log on from the Ritz site when it was not possible on the Marriott rewards site. I was able to see my point balance, new status and existing reservations. However, I was unable to make a reservation using points.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:35 pm

A commenter on OneMileAtATime claimed that he booked an SPG property with Marriott points this afternoon. He seems genuine: Aaron says:
August 18, 2018 at 5:38 pmI already got thru about 20 mins ago. Logged in and was able to book 3 different Fri-Sun weekends at the St Regis Bal Harbour for 60K pts a night. They did go thru and I got confirmation emails.

Now though…the sites appear back down. I got the conf numbers though so I assume I’m all set!
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dval44
A commenter on OneMileAtATime claimed that he booked an SPG property with Marriott points this afternoon. He seems genuine: Aaron says:
August 18, 2018 at 5:38 pmI already got thru about 20 mins ago. Logged in and was able to book 3 different Fri-Sun weekends at the St Regis Bal Harbour for 60K pts a night. They did go thru and I got confirmation emails.

Now though…the sites appear back down. I got the conf numbers though so I assume I’m all set!
sounds reasonable. The site was up and running for maybe 1/2 hr earlier today and seemed to be functional.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:18 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
It may take another day to get it working. Looks like a long night for the IT staff. If the process started at midnight EST, they are 19 hours in. I can imagine sections of the staff need to start sleeping to recharge.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
That is what confused me - I did not link initially but I did the conversion link so I thought the accounts would be merged.this weekend.
Everyone was invited to link their accounts over a year ago. As far as I know, no one has been invited to merge their accounts yet as this can only happen AFTER Marriott and Starwood systems are merged which is still in progress. So I suspect that you will still be invited to merge your accounts/points sometime after this weekend.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yeunganson
It may take another day to get it working. Looks like a long night for the IT staff. If the process started at midnight EST, they are 19 hours in. I can imagine sections of the staff need to start sleeping to recharge.
I think Marriott does its IT off shore these days. So likely morning half way around the world.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.