Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jspira
Marriott began the IT integration of its 3 loyalty programs on August 18 with a goal of combining them into one unified program. It told members to expect websites and apps to be inaccessible that day and problems stretched into the middle of the week. By Thursday, the dust seemed to settle although members continued to report specific issues.
Print Wikipost

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: Marriott Plat. Life
My SPG profile seems to have overwritten my Marriott profile, status, and points.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
All of my SPG points are missing.
I'm showing 11.000 Points. (260k SPG points vanished plus 550 lifetime nights).
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:25 am

Yeah... so its chaos!

I think I will stop looking. I am pretty sure Marriott doesnt want us irritated. Still not sure why they didn't just go dark on the whole elite thing.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:25 am

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I still can not login to my SPG account. Only Marriott.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by dshafiee
I still can not login to my SPG account. Only Marriott.
same here. When I updated the SPG app it gave me my new number, so I have it, but no log in yet.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Bronze, TK Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Premiere, IHG Ambas
Well I can see a property it shows points availability, gets to the last step and then fails. All the availability then starts to disappear.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I logged into my Marriott account this morning. It still shows me as Lifetime Platinum Elite, which is my pre-merger status. I should now be upgraded to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite.
I called the Customer Service Desk. They agreed, but couldn't make the change. They assigned me a Case# and told me I will be contacted in 3-5 business days.
We'll see how they handle this.

Newman
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
My account shows the correct status (Premier Elite) but my lifetime status tells me in the app that my next status level will be silver despite 415 nights and 8 years of Platinum. Guess that will be correct in the next days. Not complaining though as I missed under the previous system any lifetime status due to low corporate rates
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Newman
I called the Customer Service Desk

Newman
Folks, please, don't call these poor souls today. They are obviously still fixing things ... that's what the website is telling you. I am sure they will send us an Email when it is complete and when we can merge our accounts. Till then ... let's give them the time they frankly deserve to merge two complicated systems.
seawolf, EVA777 and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
From what I can see in my account, it looks the sites are now combined. I get the same site if I go to Marriott.com or Starwood.com. Only difference is blue box in the upper left corner - from Marriott.com says Marriott Rewards, from Starwood.com says SPG Starwood Preferred Guess (purple instead of blue box). Also to the right it says About Marriott Rewards or About SPG for tab selection.

My Marriott future bookings show (did not have any future Starwood bookings). Points look OK. My Marriott history shows on the Starwood site. I see both Marriott and Starwood properties when I do a booking.

I think the few Starwood points I had are merged in and show in the total, but I do not see a line item showing the merger in the history list. Maybe it will show later in the history.

From what I can tell, looks complete to me and overall a great job by the merge team.

PS - I get a message to confirm my cell phone, and it sends me a text, but then it comes back and says phone country is missing - but it has +1 in it for USA.

Wonder when Marriott mails out new cards?

Added: I am LT Platinum to be LT Platinum Premier
Was showing XX nights to Platinum.
Then I updated the cell phone (which did not need to be updated) to reselect USA, but still get the same message about country code. (+1).
Now my account shows XX nights to Platinum Premier.

But in Overview - it says:
"You are Platinum Elite"
then below that - "Platinum Power", then "Next Up: Platinum Premier Elite"
then below that
"You are Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite", led by a little figure 8 (horizontal).
However at the top of the Overview screen - is shows:
"Platinum Elite" with the figure 8 by the circle with the head symbol.

Last edited by cova; Aug 19, 2018 at 9:55 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Everyone was invited to link their accounts over a year ago. As far as I know, no one has been invited to merge their accounts yet as this can only happen AFTER Marriott and Starwood systems are merged which is still in progress. So I suspect that you will still be invited to merge your accounts/points sometime after this weekend.
FYI, the new term is "combine" your accounts. I guess too confusing with all the other merging and purging.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
I just got all the way to the last step in the combine process - I accepted the merge, then it gave me an error

So close......
I don't suggest trying that process quite yet. There is more work to be done and the messages I got said we would be told when it's good to go.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:05 am

I got everything to work with the new app last night until it errored out on the final step. Availability was showing for St. Regis Maldives for 60k points/night, and that was bringing me all the way to a final booking screen. Very frustrating!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Duck1981
My account shows the correct status (Premier Elite) but my lifetime status tells me in the app that my next status level will be silver despite 415 nights and 8 years of Platinum. Guess that will be correct in the next days. Not complaining though as I missed under the previous system any lifetime status due to low corporate rates
Exactly in the same boat here. I can’t believe they can screw up something as simple as this. I was a programmer and this can be solved in 3 lines of code. Lame.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by naumank

Exactly in the same boat here. I can’t believe they can screw up something as simple as this. I was a programmer and this can be solved in 3 lines of code. Lame.
However, there are still benefits to be earned by doing the nights each year. So while one would think that once you have LT status that's all that matter, if you want the SNAs, for example, you still have to do the 50/75 nights a year. So not really a failure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.