Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Captured today. I came from SPG and was notified I am LTP a few months ago. I should be LTPP right? Or LTT if OMAAT is to be believed (that site is mostly clickbait IMO).
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by born sleepy
Captured today. I came from SPG and was notified I am LTP a few months ago. I should be LTPP right? Or LTT if OMAAT is to be believed (that site is mostly clickbait IMO).
As stated on here many, many, many...many many times...there will be a Jan sweep (give or take) for all the legacy SPG folks who deserve LTPPE (or LTTE, ha)
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: UA1KMM SPGPLAT
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
As stated on here many, many, many...many many times...there will be a Jan sweep (give or take) for all the legacy SPG folks who deserve LTPPE (or LTTE, ha)
This seems fine assuming that under the new program that the actual years and nights are captured correctly. I hope this is being straightened out before the time of such sweep.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are your 906 nights SPG only or combined SPG and MR? If you just made LTP with SPG, I suspect that you may have just over 500 Starwood nights.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are your 906 nights SPG only or combined SPG and MR? If you just made LTP with SPG, I suspect that you may have just over 500 Starwood nights.
that shouldn't be a problem because the requirement for ltppe is to have 750 combined nights....
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by Keyser
that shouldn't be a problem because the requirement for ltppe is to have 750 combined nights....
At least 850 of those are SPG nights, if not more. Looks like I'm good.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
No
No. It is PP for life.
Thanks, but strange the way LTPP status showed up on the App and Website about a month ago, then disappeared. I believe others experienced this as well.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:21 pm

I'm in a similar situation and you should have LTPP status by January.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, the CSRs are going crazy pushing us off probably to move on to other callers making their numbers look good to the bean counters. But I hope the central system they are looking at does match the website/app that we see. There is a slight chance an update is in progress and that would account for a difference. Finding a CSR that will dig in to see what should be showing is rare but refreshing. It would also help if the IT department could let their management the amount of outstanding work is needed so they can STOP saying everything is stabilized. I'm guessing that won't happen until well into January and then they will have to add on the issues with the sweep not working right.
Are all of you still having difficulty reaching anyone by phone on the platinum line? The agents and even the ambassadors still see overwhelmed.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:24 pm

Does anyone know if hitting platinum this year will count towards the total count of platinum years? I currently have 9 years of platinum and over 1,000 nights. I am currently platinum from earning it last year. I am about to hit platinum for the year. Will that count as 10 years or still 9 since it is technically going into effect on 1/1/2019. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by WhyPayRent
Does anyone know if hitting platinum this year will count towards the total count of platinum years? I currently have 9 years of platinum and over 1,000 nights. I am currently platinum from earning it last year. I am about to hit platinum for the year. Will that count as 10 years or still 9 since it is technically going into effect on 1/1/2019. Thanks in advance.
Your tenth year will be when you hit Plat for the tenth time, which will be in Dec, per your narrative. There are some reports of this not showing in the Website, but your tenth year will be when you hit your fiftieth night,
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Your tenth year will be when you hit Plat for the tenth time, which will be in Dec, per your narrative. There are some reports of this not showing in the Website, but your tenth year will be when you hit your fiftieth night,
I agree if it's a SPG Plat year. However, "technically" it goes into effect either shortly after the nights post and your account shows the earned status or on about February 1, at the start of the new program year.

OTOH for MR Plat years, to me it isn't clear when the additional new year of earned status will be recognized.

I earned Plat in both legacy SPG and legacy MR every year, starting in the same year, but my accounts have been consistently indicating a discrepancy of one year in my Plat (and Gold which is the same number of years) years counts, and I cannot explain the difference otherwise. Since MR AFAIK never showed years of status (as it didn't seem to matter for anything except eligibility for the unpublished original PP status), I'm not convinced that they're counting MR status years the same way SPG did it for LTP (where I had 500+ nights and needed to wait for my tenth year, which happened late in the summer a couple years ago).
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
William, i.e. the Starwood Lurker, emailed me and he explained that the expected behavior: "tenured years at Platinum will not go up until early next year after the year-end true-up." ... so it seems that there will be a year end reconciliation of earned tenure year in Jan/Feb 2019.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
OTOH for MR Plat years, to me it isn't clear when the additional new year of earned status will be recognized..
Originally Posted by X-ON
William, i.e. the Starwood Lurker, emailed me and he explained that the expected behavior: "tenured years at Platinum will not go up until early next year after the year-end true-up." ... so it seems that there will be a year end reconciliation of earned tenure year in Jan/Feb 2019.
There are two distinct issues and the latter two posts answer the question not asked.

The T&Cs, as posted below, make it clear a member will be deemed to have earned status in the year the status is earned, which in this case will be 2018. We are hearing reports of a technical glitch that keeps the Website from showing credit for the year 2018 status earned and believe this will be taken care of in a sweep sometime in Jan 2019, but that will not impact the member ultimately getting credit for reaching the status in 2018, even of the member has to ask for a correction after the sweep, .

T&Cs Section 4.2.e.i:
In order to obtain Lifetime Elite Status, a Member must meet the below Lifetime Elite Status Criteria (4.2.f.)during the Member’s participation in the Loyalty Program. An “Eligible Status Year” is a calendar year during which a Member obtained Elite membership status (Silver Elite, Gold Elite, Platinum Elite or Platinum Premier Elite) by achieving the Silver Elite, Gold Elite, Platinum Elite or Platinum Premier Elite Minimum Requirement during such Eligible Status Year. Only a calendar year in which a Member achieves Silver Elite, Gold Elite, Platinum Elite or Platinum Premier Elite Status, as described in the prior sentence, will count as an Eligible Status Year, regardless of the length of time that such Member will retain the benefits of Elite membership Status. For example, if a Member meets the Gold Elite Minimum Requirement during the 2018 Eligible Status Year by earning twenty-five (25) Eligible Nights and becomes a Gold Elite Member for the remainder of 2018 and for all of 2019, 2018 will count as a single Eligible Status Year, but 2019 will not count as an Eligible Status Year unless the Member meets the Gold Elite Minimum Requirement during the 2019 Eligible Status Year.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
There are two distinct issues and the latter two posts answer the question not asked.

The T&Cs, as posted below, make it clear a member will be deemed to have earned status in the year the status is earned, which in this case will be 2018. We are hearing reports of a technical glitch that keeps the Website from showing credit for the year 2018 status earned and believe this will be taken care of in a sweep sometime in Jan 2019, but that will not impact the member ultimately getting credit for reaching the status in 2018, even of the member has to ask for a correction after the sweep, .

T&Cs Section 4.2.e.i:
My humble conjecture is that the renewed MPG/SPG/MR years will officially all be added to the combined accounts in Jan/Feb 2019 as a eligible status year(s) for 2018, albeit credited officially in Jan or Feb 2019. Who after that had 10+ P years and 750+ LT nights in your combined accounts will be LT Tit or whatever it will be called ....Fingers crossed
CJKatl likes this.

Last edited by X-ON; Dec 4, 2018 at 4:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.